“Same ol”

Ranked #14 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
GA
“Same ol”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Been here so many times.
As a diamond, I often get placed in all kinds of rooms on various floors... This confuses me.

Also, the breakfast they serve is uber weak... Hard bear claws and rubber eggs... Not a typical Hilton.

I do enjoy the water and soda they offer up in the lounge

• Stayed November 2012
General_Manager04, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 7 November 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with the Hilton Phoenix Airport. We truly appreciate the loyalty you give to not only Hilton, but to our property as well. We want to take this opportunity to apologize if the breakfast has not met expectations. We will be sure to utilize your comments in providing changes and/or updates to our buffet selections. Also, please let us know where you do prefer to be placed during your visits. We always do our best to accommodate all requests. We hope you continue to think of us during your visits to the Phoenix area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 31 October 2012

The hotel was nice and clean, but we waited at least an hour for the shuttle to come to the airport to pick us up. I'm not sure if they forgot about us or what, but we had already been traveling for 8 hours and waiting that extra hour outside at 9:00pm was not how we wanted to spend our first night in Phoenix.
Had we known it was going to take an hour (had they told us), we would have just taken a cab. We never received an apology for the late pick up. However, the shuttle driver was very nice and friendly when he did eventually show up. Also, the restaraunt within the hotel is very nice and has great food.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
General_Manager04, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 1 November 2012
We truly appreciate your honest review of the Hilton Phoenix Airport. I want to personally apologize for the inconvenience with our Shuttle service. This is very unusual for our shuttle, and I am sorry to hear we dropped the ball upon your arrival. I will be addressing this with our Bell staff to make sure we continue to provide the prompt service that we promise. We do certainly appreciate your nice comments regarding the cleanliness, restaurant food and Bell staff. We hope you continue to keep us in mind for your future visits to Phoenix.
Grootschermer, The Netherlands
Reviewed 26 October 2012

I have stayed at this hotel 6-7 times.
The reason I kept coming back was the extremely friendly staff.
Desk clerks seemed honestly happy to see me.
That made me ignore a a lot of minor inconveniences.

When I arrived today I was greeted by a young man with a non smiling face with the obligatory 'how are you' and then: your room will probably not be ready because check-in is at 3:00 P.M.
I was an hour early.
My room was ready though, but another woman was sent away for an hour by the colleague of 'my' clerk.
No friendly 'you can sit down over there if you like' (they have a large lobby) or: we have a coffee shop where you could wait.
Just: 'come back in an hour'.

What happened to the nice people who were at one time working here?

I had made a reservation for a room on the Executive Floor because I like getting my snacks (at night) and my breakfast in the Concierge Room - as it is called here.
Just walking out of my room and enjoying the little extra's in the evening. Maybe starting out with some celery and carrots and later going back for some cheese.
Or honey-dipped chicken wings. I remember eating some delicious ones there!

But the Concierge Room turned out to be closed so.. I got a coupon for one appetizer and one non-alcoholic beverage (wow! how generous!) and a coupon for breakfast.
To be gotten at the restaurant downstairs.

I went there at 5:00 PM, picked as appetizer the honey-dipped chicken wings and accepted a glas of water (which tasted like chloride).
After waiting for 20(!) minutes I got a bag with a container with the chicken wings.

Back in my room I changed into comfortable clothes, opened the box and: the chicken wings turned out not to be honey-dipped (as the waitress had repeated my order when I gave it to her) but spicey. Which I can't eat because they hurt my mouth.
I did not feel like going downstairs again and waiting for my honey-dipped chicken wings for twenty minutes again so... no appetizer.

Add to this the terrible noise coming from the hallway (people talking, doors banging) and having to pay $ 10 per 24 hours for Internet (while just about everywhere WiFi is free) and I have had it with this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
General_Manager04, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 29 October 2012
We appreciate your loyalty to the Hilton Phoenix Airport and I’m upset to hear how disappointed you were with our service during your visit here. We know how important a great guest experience is and that includes friendly staff and remarkable offerings. I have addressed your comments with our staff to ensure this does not happen in the future. Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our brand promise and your feedback will help us deliver on that pledge. Thank you once again for your comments. We hope you will consider staying with us once again to receive the same great experience you’re familiar with. If you would like to address this further, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 22 October 2012

I don't know what people are talking about. Yes, the carpet at the front desk is worn, but the elevator and room carpets were spotless. Bed was very comfy and I slept like a rock on the side of the building facing the airport. Nice pool, decent breakfast buffet (do the omelet station, they even have eggwhite option) and front desk staff were wonderful. They went out of their way to accomodate me. I gave up my seat on a 6:50 pm flight and took a compensation package that included stay here, money towards a future flight and first class seat on the same flight 24 hours later. During the day I had the hotel shuttle take me to nearby Papago Park which turned out to be one of the most lovely days of my life. When I told the shuttle bus driver what my plans were, he ran back in and got two bottles of water for me from the lobby. They were very clear that the shuttle runs to the airport were the priority but with that understanding I was amazed how smoothly the whole deal went down.
My only beef is that they don't have snack vendors, so buy something from the gift shop before it closes or walk over to the Sleep Inn where they have more than soda vending machines.

Room Tip: it's kind of a hike from the elevator to rooms 340 - 370 from the lobby elevator, but not a lot...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Pennconsota
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about the Hilton Phoenix Airport. I know that a great review like this will be helpful to other travelers. You have mentioned many great things that show who we are and strive to be every day here at the Hilton. I am very pleased to know that we were able to accommodate you and that you found our staff to be helpful and rooms to be comfortable. We hope that you keep us in mind the next time you are in the Phoenix area.
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 16 October 2012

The close proximity of the PHX airport pretty ensures constant plane noise, however there are many other disturbances unrelated to airport traffic. It was hard to identify just what the source of the noises were, but one that began around 5 am sounded like someone dragging a large dumpster around over our heads. The room had supposedly been cleaned, but looked & felt dirty & the furnishings are very old & shabby. The stairs to reach the pool looked like stairs you'd find in a dirty inner city parking lot & then after pushing open the beat up metal door, which did not look like any entrance to any hotel pool I've seen, we were "greeted" by cement littered with cigarette butts & assorted litter in general. The pool water itself was freezing, but moreover was in poor repair with missing tiles & chunks of cement were missing. The parking lot is not well lit making arriving back to the hotel & getting out of the car to head up those awful stairs a bit frightening! I would not chose nor recommend this Hilton property ever again!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Sharla87
General_Manager04, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 25 October 2012
We are sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you expect from Hilton during your recent stay. I’ve addressed to our team regarding the cleanliness of the room so we can ensure strict protocols are being met and I’ve addressed our maintenance staff about the missing pool tiles and gaps in the cement. I have also asked our security team to check into the noises you were hearing so we can avoid any reoccurring issues. Again, I’m terribly sorry we failed to give you the great experience that you deserve. If you return to our area, we hope you will consider staying with us again to see our improvements.
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 15 October 2012

The restaurant was terrible and messed up our order twice. The entire hotel smelled like stale urine. The room was not clean and the front desk staff was rude. Did I mention the smell? Ugh. I've done a lot of traveling over the years - both domestic and international. I have never had a hotel that disgusting in my life.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sarah T
General_Manager04, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 17 October 2012
Thank you for your feedback on your stay at the Hilton Phoenix Airport. We make sure to utilize guest reviews to assess insights within our hotel operations and I have reviewed your feedback with the hotel team. I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience. We are actively taking steps to freshen our guest rooms and I’ve addressed your experience with our housekeeping staff. We are implementing extra protocols to ensure our rooms meet our high expectations, as well as yours. Again, I appreciate your time in reviewing our hotel and apologize for the inconvenience.
Seattle
Reviewed 13 October 2012

I have stayed at many Hilton properties in the Phoenix area, and wanted to stay at this one because of the proximity to my account. I found it average in all ways. The customer service at the front desk was perfunctory. The rooms were clean enough & comfortable enough. The restaurant/bar was good for a hotel, the staff the friendliest, but s-l-o-w. The complimentary breakfast was easy to pass up. The lobby was nice.
I would be wary of the public wi-fi. I get free internet based on my status; but I noticed that every time I connected, I would have to go through the page that charged your room, though the internet fee should be for 24 hours. Maybe this gets adjusted before the bill. During this stay, a credit card I have was compromised via the web (the first time this has ever happened to me)...on the one and only day I used public wi-fi from this location...perhaps a coincidence.
There is nothing bad about this hotel. There are just so many other Hilton locations in Phoenix, cheaper and with more amenities if you are okay with a bit of a drive. I would choose this location based only on its proximity to the airport and my account.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
General_Manager04, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 16 October 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Hilton Phoenix Airport, we appreciate your loyalty as a rewards member. I appreciate your honest feedback. We look for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and how we can make things better. We know how valuable your time is, so, I’ve made sure to address the problems you encountered and I welcome any additional comments or suggestions you would like to share that would make us your number one hotel choice in the area.