“Comfort on a hot day”

Hilton Phoenix Airport
Ranked #16 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We were well taken care of from the moment we arrived until the moment we left. Cheerful staff who provided bottles of chilled water in reception when we walked in on a very hot day. Late at night our bathroom was flooded, presumably by a guest above leaving their bath running. The engineer arrived with a couple of minutes, reassured my wife, dealt with the electrical issue, organised a new room and helped to carry our extensive luggage to the new room. I have seen some negative comments posted but for us we had a good experience.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
General_Manager04, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

We are delighted that you stayed with us here at the Hilton Phoenix Airport. Every day it is our primary goal to provide service that reflects our Hilton Values, I am pleased to know we did just that during your stay. I am very happy to share your comments with my staff. We look forward to your next visit.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Phoenix Airport

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I would recommend staying at the Phoenix Airport Hilton but I do see that this hotel is is need of some renovations. The carpet & drapes were stained and our cooling system did not work - it was 111 outside.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate your recommendation. We are beginning an entire overhaul of the property this summer that will take care of the dated feel that our carpet & drapes give off. We have also installed a brand new cooling system and I am happy to announce that we are providing a very cool outlet for those who are here during our summer heat. We hope you can make it back to experience these updates. Thank You.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I forgot about the unfortunate habit Hilton has for nickel-and-diming their guests when I did a room price comparison for Phoenix "Park and Fly" hotels recently. We had to pay $9.95 extra if we wanted internet access in our room; it was only free in the lobby. The breakfast was not complimentary -- you had to use the in-house restaurant. And I had to pay what amounted to Airport parking daily charges to be able to leave my vehicle in the Hilton parking lot while I was gone for a week. The night before we flew out, we did not have a full set of shampoo, soap etc. samples in our bathroom -- and I had counted on that so I wouldn't have to open up my locked suitcase for my own hygiene items. The room was clean, the bed comfortable and they honored my request to remove all feather bedding and provide me with six pillows for the bed; but the tub/shower combo in both bathrooms was badly outdated, and the bathroom itself is cramped even for 1 person. The vanity lights in the bathroom had outdated CFLs that took forever to brighten up. The lobby carpet was badly worn and the all-important shuttle runs from the hotel to the airport only every half hour; and if it fills up before the scheduled departure for the airport, you're out of luck. It is not possible to reserve a space on it for a specific shuttle departure. A guest we met on the way to the airport had missed her shuttle for that very reason, despite having been in line well before scheduled departure time, and now was in danger of missing her flight. Really?? Come on, Hilton; check out what your competition provides and at least provide the same. We won't be staying at a Hilton again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

I want to personally thank you for sharing details about your stay with us. I understand that you felt we were overpriced in our parking package; however we do stay very competitive with those around us and offer a great discount from the $15 -$20/day typical airport parking. I apologize if the shuttle times were inconvenient. We feel our shuttle drivers, as well as our front desk staff does a wonderful job in communicating the times to our guests and if our shuttles do fill up, we always have someone on hand to take a second van. I am so sorry if this was not the case during your stay. We have an 8 million dollar extensive renovation scheduled to begin this summer and I hope you will give us another chance to show you our exciting updates and allow us to wow you with our Hilton Hospitality. Thank you.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

The rooms are very good, the service is good and you can't beat the price! $50 through Priceline... I'll try them again sometime.
It was great for the morning flight and rental car return. I wouldn't suggest it as a tourist base.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Phoenix Airport. I appreciate your feedback and am so glad you were able to take advantage of the great deal. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

This is our second stay at the Phoenix Airport - close to airport but rooms are quiet and very clean. No free breakfast here and no restaurants in the area. The restaurant inside hotel was closed when we were there in June which was a huge disappointment as we had stayed here previously and very much enjoyed the food and were looking forward to it again. But overall our stay was uneventful and we enjoyed staying here.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the Hilton Phoenix Airport. We are delighted to read that overall you enjoyed your experience at our property. I apologize that our restaurant was closed during your stay. We do offer the full restaurant menu as an option in the Rimrock Bar & Grille for all customers as an alternative option. We hope you can make it back to enjoy the upcoming updates to our property as well as the bar and restaurant. Thank You.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Staying at this hotel was strictly a matter of convenience to attend a specific business event. The restaurant quality and food selection is subpar for a Hilton facility. Venue is not convenient to other dining choices. Just the previous weekend I stayed at the Hilton Bayfront in San Diego and was wowed by the on-premise dining choices as well as accessibility to other dining and entertainment choices. A stay at a neighboring Marriott in Phoenix would have met needs just as well.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
General_Manager04, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us. We appreciate your review and we hope you will give us another chance to impress you with some of our new menu options moving forward. We hope to see you again. Thank You.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

This place is old, labyrinthine, and in the middle of an industrial park, but it is very close to the airport. If you are looking for a place to stay because you have sales calls/client meetings/etc in that area, this hotel will do just fine (or perhaps if you are having a conference there). I would not recommend it for any kind of leisure stay unless it is way cheaper than the other available options.

Room Tip: try to get one close to thew lobby, the hallways are LONG
Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
General_Manager04, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Phoenix Airport. We appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you back in the future.