“On the road”

Ranked #16 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Dunedin, Florida
“On the road”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

It is always good to stay at a Hilton. Almost always you can count on the room to be clean, and comfortable. Phoenix Hilton is close to the airport; very easy access for an early morning departure; highly recommend. Staff are all helpful.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

General_Manager04, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Hilton Phoenix Airport. We look forward to seeing you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My wife and I stayed here on July 4th as we had an early morning flight the next morning. We thought the hotel was very clean and comfortable. We were on the executive floor, but the concierge lounge was closed for the holiday weekend. We were given vouchers for free apps. and drinks at the restaurant as well as free breakfasts. Our room was very nice and overlooked the pool. Superior amenities in the bathroom, excellent bed and bedding, and a quiet floor were all plusses. Only the bar/restaurant was open and we had some terrific burgers and onion rings. Service in the restaurant was stellar!! Breakfast was a well-stocked buffet with lots of fresh fruit and friendly service. I found all of the staff to be helpful and professional. Pool was really nice, water just the right temp. and plenty of big beach towels and ice water. Definitely a good place to stay - no issues at all.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for such nice comments about the Hilton Phoenix Airport. We are very happy that we were lucky enough to be the property to accommodate you during your trip to Phoenix. It sounds like you had a great experience with us and I am happy to take this review to my staff. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay. We hope to welcome you back soon!
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 3 July 2014

The Hilton is my preferred hotel when staying for the residencies the University of Phoenix require. The location of the University is challenging as it is by the airport and there appears to be nothing around. The location is great for the airport, but you can't walk anywhere, and no shopping or other dining experiences in the area. The rooms are standard and clean. They provided a great student discount and even upgraded me to the executive lounge. They provided vouchers for the breakfast buffet (included in the price) and arranged for transportation to and from the University and to the airport. The transportation staff was great and so was the front desk. I would have given higher rankings if the wait staff at the bar were friendlier and less assumptive. I had vouchers for a small meal and they assumed I would only take the free stuff. Several meals I was only offered water or tea (I would have more than happily paid for an alcoholic beverage or more). This happened repeatedly with four or five different servers. They could have earned a higher tab from me but assumed that since I had a voucher I couldn’t afford other food. This left a sour note on the hotel experience. If I hadn’t needed to stay for 8 nights, I would have waived it off, but the attitude of the bar staff could be greatly improved (handing a couple extra menus and asking if you’d like more does not cost anything). The breakfast dining buffet was wonderful. Overall, the experience at the Hilton beat the experiences provided by my cohort at the other hotels around the area. I would stay here again, but call and ask for the student rate!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for choosing the Hilton Phoenix Airport. I appreciate your feedback and will utilize your comments as we move forward in improving our overall guest experience. Your review has been addressed with our bar staff; our apologies for the impression that was given during your dining experience. We truly appreciate you utilizing our property as you hotel of choice when in the area. We hope to see you next time! Thank You.
Phoenix, AZ, United States
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This is the first time I have had an overall experience of 10 in a hotel in quite a while. Thank you for that! It is a beautiful facility. Service was uniformly excellent and staff were supportive and helpful. Everything was clean and neat. Waiting time was at a minimum for rides to airport and pick up.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Rae S
General_Manager04, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Thank You for the great feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Phoenix Airport. We are very proud of the wonderful service our employees provide our guests, thank you for recognizing them. It’s a delight to read that you had such a great experience at our property. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Tucson, United States
Reviewed 2 July 2014

If you need a place to stay close to the airport, this is a perfect location! I was a bit worried that the noise from the airport may prevent a restful sleep but you could not hear any air traffic noise unless outside by the pool. The rooms were clean and the staff were very friendly. I would definitely stay at this hotel again as it is very convenient not only to Sky Harbor but also to downtown Tempe, downtown Phoenix and Scottsdale.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

General_Manager04, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and truly appreciate your nice comments. We look forward to seeing you again.
GA
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

I arrive and the hotel tells me to wait nearly 3hrs that their system is down and that I can't check in.
As a diamond, it blows my mind that a hilton can not prepare better and handle troubles like this.
For one thing, it is 103 outside and frustrations are already up there, I had work due on the east coast and was confined to the lobby for 2hrs until they decide to manually call for hand check ins. Not impressed for a hotel that will charge me 124$ for this stay and nearly 160$ for past stays.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Diditb4u
General_Manager04, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I am so sorry we were unable to provide you with speed and efficiency at check-in and know how frustrating that may have been. Under the unforeseen circumstances that occurred that day with our network being down, I know my team did the best they could to try and provide the best Hilton service they could while the issue was being resolved. This was absolutely not a normal circumstance for our property and I hope you will allow us to make this up to you on your next visit to the area. We appreciate your business and loyalty to the Hilton Brand.
Tucson, United States
Reviewed 24 June 2014

very convenient location next to Airport. Free shuttle service to and from airport big plus!!! Friendly staff. Restaurant and bar -excellent. Food was delicious and waitress very nice. All restaurant and bar staff very courteous. Would definitely stay again. Bathrooms in rooms are old, could use a makeover.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful feedback. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Hilton Phoenix Airport. We hope you can make it back soon to enjoy the upcoming property transformation that we have in store for this summer.