“nice place”

Ranked #88 of 175 Hotels in Phoenix
Bainbridge NY
“nice place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2008

I came into phoenix on March 4th and arrived at 3:30 am our flight was very late. The girl at the desk Myra was very nice to us-she saw that we were tired and she did fast service for us. We hadn't eaten anything since early am and she gave us her sandwich she had for dinner-she was wonderful. If you are looking for a 5 star this is not but it is a nice place. The pool however is not outside which i was disappointed because we do not see much sun in NY and i was looking forward to this. However, the service was great and the staff was great also. The rooms were very clean and nice. They cleaned every day we wanted them to come in. We did not have any loud noise next door and it was nice. The girl in the restaurant(both ladies) in the am were great to us and the food was great also.

Stayed March 2008
1 Thank Pattidh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2008

We booked this hotel on Hotwire and were a bit skeptical when we got a 3* hotel for $45/night, but can honestly say that was the best hotel experience we've had when booking online. The woman checking in before us paid $179 for the one night, and we paid less than that for all 3 nights!

The hotel is a bit older, but the rooms are comfortable and roomy. It's located right off the freeway and is within 10-15 minutes of wherever you want to go whether it's downtown Phoenix, the University of Phoenix Stadium, the US Airways Center, or their great shopping centers.

The first night we were there, the fire alarm went off about 3:50 am. The staff moved quickly and found that someone accidentally pulled the alarm and there indeed was not a fire. We returned to our rooms and went back to sleep. The next day, we asked for directions to a restaurant and instead of simply pointing us in the right direction, the girl at the front desk printed out a Google Map for us with detailed directions. That was unexpected but much appreciated since we had never been to Phoenix and weren't that familiar with the area yet. We did not try the hotel restaurant or bar, but we rarely do in hotels.

I would highly recommend this hotel for the price conscientious traveler that can't afford a fancy hotel but wants to feel safe and comfortable at the same time.

• Liked — The location could not have been any better!
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank DoctorDoubleJ
trona,ca
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2008

Holiday Inn Phoenix-West, Az
filthy and noisy conditions in hotel room black mold and body scum on shower curtains.Pubic hairs all over in tub and on floor in rest room dried tooth past on counter in rest room water staine coming under door from conecting room that stank and the noise next to the freeway was so loud we could not sleep.My credit card was not to be charged. In a agreement with the hotel management they would not charge me for the night and I would not report them to Guest relations and the health department.They charged it any way.

Stayed January 2008
Georgetown,CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2007

After being stranded in Phoenix by U.S. Air at 11:30 PM and needing a place to stay before driving to Palm Springs my wife and I drove past the Holiday Inn and thought it looked fine for a very needed nights sleep after being subjected to U.S. Airways incompetancy for about 6 hours.

Walked in without reservations and was greeted by a friendly desk person who said a double bedded non smoking room was available for 99.00. I was so tired that I would have paid twice that for a bed.

The room was quiet, clean, and spacious. Had a great night sleep with choice of 3 types of pillows on a comfortable mattress. What more is there to say?

I would not hesitate in staying there again, but hopefully under better circumstances.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — No negatives
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank exsausd
Tucson, AZ
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2007

Although I booked this room on hotwire and thought I was getting a great deal, I was surely disappointed after arriving. I called the hotel 2 weeks prior to my booking to request a non-smoking King room. The gentleman who answered the phone was more than happy to satisfy my request. When my wife and I arrived, we were less than impressed by the surrounding area. Although there was an on-site security guard in the parking lot, he seemed distracted and was sleeping near the front door. Shame on him as there was a car filled with gang members cruising throught the parking lot, looking for an available victim. Upon checking in, the desk agent asked me, "So, I have you down for a non-smoking king." I replied in the affirmative and after about 15 seconds of looking through her computer, the desk agent said to me, "Is a non-smoking double okay?" I told her that I had previously called to request a king and she told me, "You booked on hotwire and nothing is guaranteed." I told her, "I guess I have to take what you have." She rudely pushed me 2 room keys and my wife and I made our way up to our room. Upon entering the room, my wife expressed, "What is that smell?
The room trully smelled like a senior nursing home. It smelled like a colostomy bag exploded. We immediately called the front desk and we were told we would get another room. My wife again inquired if there were any king rooms available. We were informed that the only king's available were smoking rooms. Hindsight is 20/20, but I should have taken it. Upon entering our 2nd double room, it smelled just as bad and it appeared as if the carpeting hadn't been vacuumed with trash and crumbs all over the floor. The bedspreads were circa 1978 and appeared dirty and unkept. The towels in the bathroom were paper thin. Come on, does it take much to stock the place with new towels. This isn't the Motel 6 and I would expect a little more from a chain like the Holiday Inn, especially their flagship brand. Furthermore, the drapery was ripped, the television had basic cable channels and the bathroom fixtures appeared old and unkept. At one point, my wife needed to go to the car for something and I actually said that I would escort her for the first time in our 7 years of knowing eachother. When I finally tried going to sleep, it was impossible. The smell permeated the room, my feet were hanging off the bed (doubles, come on I'm 6'2,) and I couldn't get the curtains to hide the light from the bright lights outside in the parking lot. This hotel was absolutely horrible. The staff was less than helpful and when I checked prices on their website, I found that I only saved myself 5 bucks by using Hotwire. Not worth it!!!!

• Liked — Not a thing
  • Disliked — Dirty, Smelly and unhelpful
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
4 Thank tucsoncop
san diego
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2007

I stayed at this hotel last night and I got in very very late and I was met with the most friendly person I've have met at a hotel. She was so helpful I had a bad flight and had to get up early for my meeting I told her that i had to get up at 6am so instead of just setting one of those wake up calls she actually called me to wish me a good morning and ask me if she could have some breakfast brought to my room just to try to start my day off right. I told her no I would just get some coffee. in about 10 minutes she came to my door with a togo cup of coffee and said she wanted me to start my day out right. you have no idea how at home I felt. ofilea went above a beyond for some one that only has stayed there once I will always go back to that hotel and will tell everyone in the world to try it too. she was not the only one there that was great everyone i ran into treated me the same way. i would love to have all my employees to stay here to experiance what great service is

Stayed April 2007
3 Thank goodfriendSanDiego
California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2006

The worst smelling hotel I have ever had the misfortune of stepping into. It is a torture chamber for non smokers. We lasted five minutes, giving up our prepaid Hotwire booking and fled. Additionally, all the public areas were dirty and looked like they had not been cleaned in years. Scary neighborhood also, but probably healthier sleeping on the streets than staying here.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay away at all costs!
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled as a couple