“Was very disappointed.”

Holiday Inn Phoenix-West
Ranked #85 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 8 December 2012 via mobile

I like and trust Holiday Inns no more! Pulled into this hotel at 4am tired and exhausted. Unloaded all of our luggage and started to brush my teeth. That's when I noticed a toothpaste stain/spot on the counter. Totally grossed me out and went to turn on the faucet to wash it off, the faucet handle was covered in toothpaste and water spots. The second sink was far worse!!! It was covered in toothpaste, water spots, and hair!!!! So then I really started to check the place out. The toilet had toilet paper in it, the bathroom floor was filthy, the bed sheets had not been changed (small hairs near pillows), and the shower stall was disgusting! I read the reviews and was astonished to find a 3 star rating and TONS of complaints. In my

• Stayed: December 2012
gmphoenixwest, Manager at Holiday Inn Phoenix-West, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2013

Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. Since you have stayed with us, there have been many improvements at our property. We have made great strides with not only our staffing but training as well. I do invite you to return and please contact management directly so we can be sure your stay with us is excellent!

Reviewed 25 September 2012

we stayed at the hotel for few weeks And worked crazy hours but when we asked for our rooms to be cleaned in all hours of the day the executive housekeeper was willing to have her housekeeper s and her self help us out cleaning them.What a nice and helpful Lady she was .She is a keeper.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank ogkenny

First of all, thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Phoenix West. Secondly thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. We are always striving to improve our property and service. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in Phoenix.

Reviewed 19 September 2012

I can say that I have lessen my expectations of this hotel. I have stayed here a few times and can almost tell you how I would be treated as soon as I step in to the front desk. Every single time I check in, I'll stand there waiting for someone to help me, a "Hello" maybe. Oh no, they are too busy to check me in. And when they do, personality is colder than a freezer, straight face. If there was another Holiday Inn more west on the 10 fwy, I would gladly stay there. Unfortunately, there isn't.
And with the decor, they need a much needed upgrade. I know they went through renovations a few years back but I don't see the difference.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
gmphoenixwest, General Manager at Holiday Inn Phoenix-West, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2012

I apologize for your recent experience with my front desk staff. This is not what I expect from my staff. I have made a few changes and this should be corrected. Also, we did go thru renovations last year and more changes are in the plans for the upcoming year. Thank you again for your comments and bringing to my attention issues that are occuring at our hotel. Please give us another try on your next trip thru Phoenix.
Thanks, Mary Newland General Manager

Reviewed 19 July 2012

Wanting to be on the West side of Phoenix we found this Hotel. We were greeted by friendly staff, assigned a pleasant room and found our way to the lounge. Again friendly staff and from all we met they had confidence in the in house dining. They were correct. The restraunt is worth going into even if you aren't staying there. Our steaks were very good, the garlic mashed potatoes were excellent. Nice presentation, gently steamed veggies. Afterwards the beds turned out to be so comfortable and breakfast was again way beyond typical hotel breakfast. All in all
a very nice break in our travels.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jeannie N
Reviewed 26 April 2012

The hotel is dated and the mattresses/furniture need to be replaced. I've stayed here off and on over eight years, but refused to go back because of the heavy criminal activity in the neighborhood. Watching police helicopters shine spotlights over the neighborhood does not put me in the mood for a good night's sleep. The rooms overlook a drain culvert that the homeless use to push carts around and sleep. The bar/grill onsite is so-so, but is the safest choice as you don't need to leave the hotel. Parking is tight and a hassle.
The staff is friendly and helpful, but unless you really need to exit the 10 freeway and sleep, avoid this one. There are better alternatives a few miles down the road.

Room Tip: Ask for a low floor as the elevators are frequently out of order. Walking up four flights of stairs...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
gmphoenixwest, General Manager at Holiday Inn Phoenix-West, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2012

We appreciate your comments and we have just finished renovation on our lobby, pool, complimentary guest laundry facility and working on finishing all our rooms. We have one floor complete now. The Phoenix Police Department are working on cleaning this area up and it is improving and with their presence regularly in the area it helps keep the crime down. Thanks again and we do hope you give us a chance again in the future.

Reviewed 25 April 2012

The hotel was going thru remodeling and that was probably why the rate was so good...it reeked of thinner or more accurate nail polish remover, almost over whelming but I am sure temporary. Decent bar, good bartender(ess) and front desk staff. Rooms are being upgraded but my room was a little on the older side but that happens. I look forward to trying it out again in 6months when they should be thru with remodeling.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank jeffdblak

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to give us feedback. During your stay we were just completing the Safe Step tub renovation and tried to keep everyone away as much as possible. We working constantly on upgrading and updating our facility to better our guests. We appreciate you and do hope you will come back on your next trip.

Reviewed 20 March 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights. The hotel is at 51st Street directly off of I-10. About a 5 minute drive to Maryvale for Spring Training...15-20 minutes for downtown, golf & other stadiums. Pretty easy to get to/from the airport from here.

Keep in mind, this is not a hotel to stay at if you like to hang out at the hotel. The rooms were nicely remodeled and were fine for sleeping. Just come with the realization that there is nothing else to do at the hotel or even within walking distance.

While the service at the front desk was excellent, the service at the hotel lounge/bar was abysmal. It took 30-45 minutes to get a drink, the bartenders did not even know how to make basic drinks and they were out of several common things (including Grey Goose, amaretto, etc!) If you wanted anything other than a basic bottle of beer, good luck. This was really too bad as the lounge looks quite nice with TVs, a pool table and a dartboard. Most hotel guests will want to hang out in the bar/lounge...so I hope the Holiday Inn will seek improvements here.

Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for your feedback and for staying with us. Yes we have made changes in our restaurant and bar and continue to improve on a daily basis to make our guests stay better and comfortable place to be. Please come again and see our current changes.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Phoenix
Candlewood Suites Phoenix
#75 of 174 in Phoenix
Camelback East
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix
Camelback East
Holiday Inn & Suites Phoenix Airport North
Holiday Inn North Phoenix
#104 of 174 in Phoenix

Been to Holiday Inn Phoenix-West? Share your experiences!