“My First Phoenix Business Trip”

Holiday Inn Phoenix-West
Ranked #89 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 20 April 2013

The front desk staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Their patience with my ignorance of Phoenix was much appreciated. They were were prepared with handouts on local areas of interest. One person went so far to call the Sky Harbor information desk on my behalf to get the answers she did not have. The restaurant prices were reasonably priced and the hours convenient. Housekeeping did an excellent job, having cleaned and preparing the room as it was my first night, every night that I got "home" from work. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the West Phoenix area for business.

Room Tip: My room faced the I-10 which maybe a bit noisy for people who prefer complete peace and quiet. I cou...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
gmphoenixwest, Manager at Holiday Inn Phoenix-West, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2013

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay in Phoenix. I am thrilled to see our staff exceeding our guest expectations and needs. We look forward to seeing you again if you are ever in the Phoenix area. Again, thank you and have a great day!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Phoenix-West

Reviewed 3 April 2013

Very friendly staff. nice bartender & desk clerks were very friendly & helpful. Accommodating with information, directions to a few places I was going & highway/parking/restaurant information. Room was pretty clean large with a fridge too.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
gmphoenixwest, Manager at Holiday Inn Phoenix-West, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2013

Thank you for staying with us during your stay. We greatly appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you next time you are visiting Phoenix.

Reviewed 10 March 2013

Internet painfully slow, room musky, fridge did not work, pool dirty, no pool towels, hot tub luke warm, elevator only way to room and waited 12 mins one morning. Called front desk to ask if they knew the internet was not working and she told me I could call a number to get help!! I could? Wow
Area sketchy but security was good. Sliding door latch did not work, so scary even though on the second floor. One of the worst Holiday Inn's I have ever stayed at. Should have their franchise revoked and manager fired!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
gmphoenixwest, Manager at Holiday Inn Phoenix-West, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2013

Thank you for contacting us on your recent stay. First off I would like to apologize for any inconveniences you experienced during your visit. I very much agree with you on the way the internet situation was handled. We are continually striving to improve our customer's experience with us and I will meet with our departments to correct these issues immediately. Again, thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 3 March 2013

Now, this is only for 4th floor room. I am a priority member and was given a room on the 4th floor. A coworker had one on the 2nd floor and was not as pleased.

Location is not that great, but convenient. The staff is very pleasant and accommodating. From the check in process through the check out, the staff were very helpful. The morning restaurant staff are outstanding.

My room, 437, was clean, modern and spacious. The bed was comfortable and the wireless internet decent. Nice amenities. Great value for the money.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not back to the freeway.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
gmphoenixwest, Manager at Holiday Inn Phoenix-West, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2013

Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Phoenix West. Your comments are greatly appreciated and we look forward to seeing you next time you are in town!

Reviewed 26 February 2013

Not the greatest neighborhood but the location is freeway access friendly for the entire area, important if you are traveling by car. Rooms are quiet and comfortable. They appear to be recently re-decorated and quality is good. Fridge and microwave in rooms on the 4th floor (not sure of other floors). Good restaurant and bar. Staff is very helpful and friendly. Exercise room is very basic but the pool area (outside) is clean and nice. Only thing I didn't like was the parking lot, all the spaces are a tight fit. I will use this Holiday Inn on my next visit to the area.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side should be quieter since they are away from the freeway, but I had a room on...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
gmphoenixwest, Manager at Holiday Inn Phoenix-West, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2013

Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Phoenix West. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you in the future!

Reviewed 23 February 2013

Booked two nights in February for us and 3 kids.
First, the good: The staff is friendly, albeit incompetent. They try very hard to make up for the sorry state of the hotel. They sure do say "I'm sorry" a lot. Convenient access as the hotel is literally right off the freeway. The suite was spacious and reasonably well appointed. The jaccuzzi tub was very nice.
The bad: The hotel is in a terrible neighborhood. Homeless people on the street when you turn off the freeway. The freeway noise kept us up all night. Hotel itself is delapidated and dirty. Carpet in lobby worn away. Musty smell all over the place. "indoor pool" is really just a covered outdoor pool. They switched the standard TV remote to a "clean" remote, which has about 5 buttons and you have to turn the TV on and off every time you want to switch to the guide channel to see what's on. No in-room movies available for purchase. Drawers on the cabinets kept getting stuck. You had to pull the mini fridge scraping over the tile floor to get the door open because it wasn't installed properly. The shower faucet was incorrectly installed so the cold side was really the hot side and I burnt my hand on the scalding water.
The ugly. The hotel is dirty, dirty, dirty. The room carpet had stains everywhere. My three year old's knees were black from crawling on the floor. The doors and door jambs had filthy stains. The mini-fridge had dirt and soot on all edges. The space under the sink for towels was nasty. Although "kids eat free" with a paying adult, it isn't worth it because the food is atrocious. We ate in the bar area and my entire family had a bad case of diarrhea the next morning. The pull out bed was nasty with stains and ridiculusouly uncomfortable. It's a smoke free hotel so the employees stand right outside the dropoff curb, supposedly on break or waiting for a ride home, smoking, with it wafting you in the face every time you go inside.
Overall, I would stay far far away from this place. I've stayed at many a holiday inn express and will never stay at a regular holiday inn again based on this experience. I'm glad to be going home to take a long CLEAN shower and wash off everything we took on this trip.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
gmphoenixwest, Manager at Holiday Inn Phoenix-West, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2013

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. We are actually in the process of correcting our in room TVs and have taken steps to improve our restaurant and bar. We appreciate the opportunity to correct these issues.

Reviewed 27 January 2013

Visited from North Carolina and am a Holiday Priority club member. Was welcomed and treated as a king by all members of staff. Very Clean and Great looking property! Reasonable rates!
Thanks for making my stay a pleasure!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
gmphoenixwest, General Manager at Holiday Inn Phoenix-West, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2013

Thank you for your stay and comments. Without guests feedback we can not keep our staff accountable and you as our guests happy.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Phoenix
La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix I-10 West
Comfort Inn I-10 West at 51st Ave
Courtyard Phoenix West/Avondale
Best Western Tolleson Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale
WoodSpring Suites Phoenix I-10 West

Been to Holiday Inn Phoenix-West? Share your experiences!