“Not the best stay”

Holiday Inn Phoenix-West
Ranked #90 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Stayed here during NASCAR weekend, so the prices were jacked up and the parking sucked. I called in advance because I knew it was busy but was told it should be fine (I have a truck/trailer). OK, on the plus side, the bartender (Dan I think it was) was pleasant and the food was good. The room was OK, the internet was little slow but being they were sold out, I will give them that one. The facility is a little dated but not too bad. The downside was when I needed to get parked one night and the lot was full. There was no backup plan, when I asked if there were any additional parking options I was basically told there weren't and good luck. After well over an hour I finally found a place to park (at another hotel some blocks away). It was just a frustrating experience. I wasn't offered so much as a free drink coupon or breakfast or something to keep me happy. Being a platinum points member, I would not stay here again, parking or no parking. There are much better options in the area.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
gmphoenixwest, Manager at Holiday Inn Phoenix-West, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us in Phoenix. I deeply apologize for the inconvenience of our parking lot situation. I would like the opportunity to speak with you directly regarding your stay. Please contact me at your convenience so we may discuss. Additionally, I will be talking with my staff on the correct way to accommodate our guests parking needs

Reviewed 10 December 2013

My flight was delayed and I arrived in Phoenix about 2:40am on 12/6/13. I had never stayed in a Holiday Inn, but it was right off I-10. The night auditor who checked me in was extremely helpful and friendly. She also provided me with a voucher for breakfast in the morning. The hotel and room was extremely quiet, which I loved. The waitress for breakfast was so friendly and the breakfast was DELICIOUS!!! (I had the American Skillet). I had spoken to front desk agent because I had forgotten some items (deodorant, etc) and she provided. EVERYONE from the housekeeping staff to front desk staff to any staff you walked past were extremely friendly! I was pleased with my stay and advised the staff of how pleasant the stay was! An added bonus was the balcony.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
gmphoenixwest, Manager at Holiday Inn Phoenix-West, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Good Morning! I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in Phoenix!

Reviewed 1 November 2013

the Holiday Inn staff proves the adage that it is the people and not the building. from the Front Desk to Housekeeping to Restaurant and Security assisting me with an opportunity, all went out of their way to make me feel safe and happy. Thank You

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
gmphoenixwest, Manager at Holiday Inn Phoenix-West, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2013

Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Phoenix West. I am so pleased that our customer service from each staff member you encountered was everything you've come to expect at Holiday Inn! We always love hearing from our guests to continue improving and doing things right the first time for our customers! We look forward to seeing you again when you are in the Phoenix area.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Did not serve any type of complimentary breakfast. Front desk took forever to answer the phone. Room quality was like furniture from a cheap hotel. Flat screen tv but horrible quality and very very few channels.

• Stayed: October 2013
gmphoenixwest, Manager at Holiday Inn Phoenix-West, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

I am very sorry to hear your stay with us was not pleasing. We are a full service Holiday Inn which does not include breakfast, however we do have a full service restaurant onsite with breakfast menus available. We will need to look into our channel selections and possibly make a change to continue satisfying our guests needs. I have also spoken with our staff at the Front Desk to make sure all calls are answered in a timely fashion. I thank you for your feedback as it allows us an opportunity to ensure every guest stay is perfect.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

the entire time I was there I was constantly impressed by the friendliness and attentiveness of the staff. Erik went out of my way to insure my time there went as smooth as possible. Thanks to Erik and his team I was able to complete my business with ease. thinking about the other hotels I've stayed in (5 stars included) They are the best in customer service, these guys really care about the guests.

• Stayed: August 2013
gmphoenixwest, Manager at Holiday Inn Phoenix-West, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback. We strive to make each guest's stay with us extraordinary through not only our product but with our customer service! We look forward to seeing you next time you visit Phoenix! I will also be sure Erik knows what a great job he is doing! Again, thank you and we'll see you soon!

Reviewed 28 May 2013

I went to this hotel with no friends and walked away with many.....The staff is genuine and everywhere I ran into one they spoke and smiled and were very genuine. Great memorable experience and I will be back!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank HILaramie2007
gmphoenixwest, Manager at Holiday Inn Phoenix-West, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Phoenix West! I just wanted to thank you for your feedback and will be sure to let our staff know how our efforts impact our guests' stay. Please feel free to contact us directly for any future visits you plan in the Phoenix area. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 2 May 2013

Front desk staff, less than friendly. The room was dirty, mildew in the shower and was uncleaned also all along the seal of the mini fridge was grime and mildew. Cigarette burns in the carpet, outlet covers off the wall but held on by the cord.

• Stayed: April 2013
gmphoenixwest, Manager at Holiday Inn Phoenix-West, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2013

Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay and I am very apologetic. Having said that, we are constantly looking for ways to improve and appreciate the opportunity to do so. I would like the chance to speak with you directly so we may discuss the issues you encountered during your stay with us and prevent future issues for our guests. Again, thank you and I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Phoenix
La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix I-10 West
Comfort Inn I-10 West at 51st Ave
Courtyard Phoenix West/Avondale
Best Western Tolleson Hotel
Comfort Inn West
Comfort Inn West
#124 of 174 in Phoenix
Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale

Been to Holiday Inn Phoenix-West? Share your experiences!