“Fabulous Accommodations!”

Hyatt Regency Phoenix
Ranked #26 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 29 March 2011

Myself and a group of friends stayed for two nights and had an excellent time! The hotel has wonderful amenities: a large workout room, swimming pool and hot tub. There is also a nice fountain area separate from the pool to lay out in.
The staff at breakfast was friendly and the food delicious!
The top floor fine dining restaurant, The Compass, has incredible views of the city...but mediocre food for the prices.
I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
HyattRegencyPhoenix, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2011

I am thrilled that you and your friends had an excellent time during your stay with us!

We appreciate your comments regarding the perceived value in The Compass. I have reviewed your comments with the appropriate staff.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the hotel amenities and I appreciate your wonderful comments about the friendly staff and delicious breakfast. We look forward to welcoming you and your friends back to the hotel in the future.

Warm Regards,

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Phoenix

Reviewed 21 March 2011

The Hyatt Regency Phoenix is right next to the convention center. A quick trip to and from the airport, friendly staff, outdoor pool. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 March 2011

We booked this hotel with a deal on priceline the day before we arrived. Prior to our arrival I called with our preferences- upper floor, nonsmoking room, king bed. Even though we were priceline customers and some hotels treat you worse we got everything we asked for. The rooms were lovely- see attached photos- big, soft bed and large television, sitting area, marble sinks in the bathroom, and those nice amenities they offer at Hyatt that smell like lemon verbena or something. The hotel was very quiet . I happened to go to the fitness center the next morning. It's really great. Tons of excellent, new equipment. I didn't try the pool, it looked nice though, and there is a hot tub by it.

The staff at this friend really goes out of their way to help you. Kyle at the restaurant downstairs, which was not bad, was very nice. Also when we showed up the valet informed us that we could just park for free around the corner. Check in and check out staff were also very friendly and efficient.

Two thumbs up.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank neimanmarxist

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. Your comments were very much appreciated.

I'm so glad to hear that our staff provided such friendly service and that you enjoyed the room amenities as well as the fitness center. I plan on sharing your responses with the staff mentioned and the rest of the Hyatt Regency Phoenix team.

We are pleased that you had a great stay while in Phoenix and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hyatt Regency Phoenix in the future.

Reviewed 21 March 2011

Parking - was "full" except for the 1.5 floors of reserved and valet parking.

Valet $27/day - plus tip
Self Parking $19 (w/ in and out) - if available, basically if they can't sell the parking to anyone else for more money. This option obviously makes them the least amount of money as they make it very inconvenient to purchase this.
Short term $12 - 1 time trip.

When I arrived the parking lot was closed to self-parking mainly because they sold out their guests to accomodate the NBA game, then capitalized on the apparent full lot to make the additional $8-15 extra.

Check-in:

The "what can I do to assist you" is a complete front. I was "directed" to the kiosk to check in, and while I was asking questions about the parking and hotel, the employee was pushing buttons on the kiosk. I had to insist she stop and answer my questions. I had confirmed my reservation for 2 Queen beds over 2 weeks previous.

They had me in a King-sized bed. I had 4 people in my party. I was offered a free roll-out bed. When I asked where the other person was supposed to sleep. She informed me it was not her job to assign sleeping arrangements in my room. "Just this time" she could get me 2 beds. Two full sized beds that is.....

Needless to say our 2 night stay in 2 full beds....not that comfortable.

Don't worry it will be "just this time" , because I won't be back.

Otherwise the hotel was average, nothing too bad, nothing too exciting. As mentioned before, the nickel and dime game gets real old. Join the now, free wireless is in most of the cut-rate hotels and this place still charges for it. By the way, walk out the Adams St. entrance and you can get it for free from the restaurant across the street.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family

Dear Mercinary,

My sincere apologies, clearly we fell short in meeting your expectations during your recent stay with us. I do want to first thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, which we considered to be very beneficial as it allows us the opportunity to improve.

Your comments regarding the issues you experienced here will be taken very seriously and will be reviewed with the appropriate managers. These comments will be influential in our team plans to take our hotel services to the next level. We value your feedback and would be pleased to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hyatt Regency Phoenix in the future.

Reviewed 20 March 2011

We stayed at the Hyatt for a week in May. Our event was at the convention center, so the walk was convenient (2 blocks). Our room was on the second floor and our door opened to a long outside walkway that only the second floor rooms had. We appreciated this area because we were washing jerseys and athletic gear in the sink and things dried quickly out there in the 100 degree heat.
The hotel was very nice, the bar downstairs and the common area were all very impressive. I travel for work and am usually loyal to the Hilton brand of hotels, but I was pleasantly surprised by this one. The pool was okay, but definitely didn't measure up to others in the area. It was small and in a fenced in area. With many groups of adults looking to party at the hotel, it was crowded quickly with no place to relax or even be comfortable if you were there to visit friends.
The rooms were clean and the housekeeping staff was great. We loved the city and even got to drive up to the Grand Canyon for a day. There was a car rental place near the hotel, but the airport car rentals are 24 hours, so we took the local transit railway to the airport and picked up a car - it was very easy. We also go to go to a Diamondbacks game. If you have a chance to go during baseball season, do, it's an awesome park.
The people of Phoenix are wonderful, the nightlife was not. We were told that Scottsdale is much better in terms of nightlife, but were unwilling to make the trip.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 March 2011

I recently stayed at the Hyatt Regency while attending a dental convention. Since it was my first visit to Phoenix, and I invariably stay at a Hyatt property on business, I was looking forward to my stay here. The hotel's main prize is its proximity to just about anything you could want downtown. The Convention center was directly across the street, and with major venues like Chase Field, US Airways, and a slew of fine and casual dining restaurants within a few blocks walk, it was ideally situated for your needs downtown. It was obvious that the hotel went to great lengths to showcase the esthetic appeal, for the lobby was grand, spacious, and tastefully decorated with high-end items, waterfalls, and elevators opened to the surrounding street and mountains in the distance. That being said, this was the most expensive Hyatt I have stayed at to date, by miles, and even with a group "discount" for convention-goers. The rooms were massive, especially the bathrooms, and, again, tastefully done. But it felt like there were hardly enough furnishings to make a dent in the amount of wasted space. The beds were very comfortable and the sleep quality great, but would be expected even given a less expensive room. The absence of an in-room safe for valuable personal effects was a curious omission, and quite notable given the high room rate. Internet access was wireless, in-room, and for a fee, but there was a business upgrade that allowed you internet access, one free breakfast item (buffet or off the menu item) and one shirt/dress press for $25 per day extra, which more than paid for itself if you utilized these services individually. A Wall Street Journal was delivered to the room daily. Menu selections in the couple of dining areas on site had good variety, and the hotel featured a festive bar and grill on premises with high quality food, and good selection, although last call for drinks and food was 11PM, making it somewhat inconvenient for patrons coming back from an event and wanting to unwind, and spend money at the hotel. Again, being a Hyatt Gold Passport member for years, and always preferring a Hyatt property where available, I would have to rate this aesthetically pleasing for sure, but lacking in a few critical areas that you'd expect a luxury chain hotel to excel in. There are other hotels that with the same great location that I might just try next time....

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank TravelinToothDoc
Reviewed 13 February 2011

This hotel was very nice. The room was elegant and our view of the city and mountains was great. The bed was superb and we slept great. This hotel is located across from a convention centre and is close to the rental car agencies and the airport. The pool area was nice but the pool is only 3 ft deep which is fine to cool off but not good for doing any real swimming. What makes this hotel less attractive is the additional charge for internet access. A hotel of this calibre that doesn't offer free internet? The self parking rate was OK but then to charge $7 more per day for in and out privileges? I guess they don't want to attract guests who want to explore the city... The icing on the cake was the dollar a phone call charge. This was a really nice place but the additional charges really make it unattractive,

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple