I attended Comicon here this year over the Memorial Day weekend. The hotel was just across the street from the convention center, so its location is what brought me to the hotel. The lobby is nice and comfy, with a southwestern decor. The giftshop has many fine AZ souvenirs. I didn't go to the Compass restaurant due to its prices, but the Einsteins Bagels was great for drinks and inexpensive salads and wraps. Terrace Cafe had good breakfasts. The Networks Bar and Grill was great for evening meals, with the drinks being especially good. Our first waitress, Valerie, was the best! It must have been good food since I gained 2 pounds even though I walked all over the convention center 4 days straight. I did not use the pool area but my friend did, and said the pool and spa were wonderful, as well as the workout room. The floor carpeting was showing wear, but it must be a busy hotel. There is no free Internet but if you buy food at Networks, we were told we'd get free connection, and there are computers in the lobby to use, 30 minutes for $5, if you must access your email. There is also a computer to use to print out airline boarding passes, a nice convenience. My main gripe with the otherwise adequate rooms was there was no mini fridge, as many hotels are adding now. There was a coffee pot and hairdryer though, both appreciated.
Now to the staff: from the man who checked us in (gave us a 19th floor room!) to the engineer who fixed our shower to the desk personnel at the front desk to the wait staff in the Terrace Cafe, all were friendly, helpful and this while maintaining their nerves during a crazy sci fi convention where zombies and other costumes walked the hotel at all hours. I would stay here again if the location warranted. Thank you, Hyatt Hotels, for making our stay so nice!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the ultimate destination for business or pleasure in the city's dynamic downtown area. A towering 8-story atrium provides an inspiring atmosphere perfect for events of all types and sizes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Phoenix reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Phoenix Hotel Phoenix
- Phoenix Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Phoenix
- Hyatt Regency Phoenix Arizona