“Expensive bur worth every penny”

Hyatt Regency Phoenix
Ranked #26 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I stayed here for 6 nights in May for a work related convention. It is steps away from the convention center thus very convenient. The hotel has a open and spacious feel to it. I stayed on the 3rd floor which had easy access to the pool and work out room. My room was very quiet. I never heard other guests coming and going out of their rooms nor street noise/traffic. The gift store had some very reasonable regional items to take home as gifts. I ate at the breakfast bagel place in the lobby, had a glass of wine in the bar . Found them both to be good. By far, one of the best meals I have ever had was at the Compass Restaurant and Lounge at the top of the hotel. Go at sunset! Amazing!!The hotel is within walking distance of many restaurants. Highly recommend, especially if you are staying more than one night.

Room Tip: If you want to use the pool or the exercise room, stay on the 3rd floor.
1  Thank MJChurch_13
HyattRegencyPhoenix, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Great to hear that you had such a wonderful stay! Compass Arizona Grill on our top floor is a one of a kind dining experience and we are glad you didn't miss it! We hope to have you return again soon for another beautiful sunset dinner!

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Phoenix

Reviewed 30 May 2014

My family reserved 2 rooms with a connecting door. We chose a corner room. The rooms we were given were on the 21st floor with a great view. My grand kids watched the airplanes from both rooms. We added a crib and rollaway. The corner room was perfect to position the crib near the door. We used the 2nd room for in & out when the baby was sleeping. Loved the entire long weekend!

Room Tip: Loved the top floor in the corner.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
HyattRegencyPhoenix, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thank you for the positive review of your stay at the Hyatt Regency Phoenix! So happy to hear that the rooms accommodated your family so well. We hope to have you return for a visit again soon!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

The computer was down so we were not able to check in for 3 hrs. Later in the day, there were only two elevators working and since we were on the 19th floor, walking up was not an option. Girls at the check in counter were rude. Expected better from a high end hotel

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Kimi D
HyattRegencyPhoenix, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Please accept my sincere apologies for the issues you experienced at the front desk. Although we rarely encounter computer issues, is does happen. I apologize that our front desk agents did not have a positive attitude as I am sure that would have improved the situation. We hope you understand this is an isolated incident and not at the Hyatt standard. We hope to welcome you back again for a more smooth and relaxing stay.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed here earlier this month while attending a conference at the convention center across the street. Overall, my stay was pleasant. The room was lovely, and housekeeping and the front desk were great to deal with. I had an unpleasant experience in the Networks restaurant where they lost our order and it took over an hour and a half to get burgers, but once they got there, they tasted delicious, and the manager did the right thing by comp'ing the meal. We also had several meetings and a banquet in the hotel. The meeting rooms were generally well attended as far as food and trash goes, but one member of the waitstaff in particular was particularly loud when dealing with food and drinks during our meetings, and was rude to one of my colleagues at the banquet when they asked for a different steak (the one he received was ridiculously overdone). Having said that, those were minor things in general, and I enjoyed the stay and convenience to the convention center.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Always wonderful to hear that a guest had a great stay. It is unfortunate that you did have a few minor issues in our food and beverage departments, but I am glad they were handled correctly. I am happy to hear that our convenient location and guest rooms made a positive impression on you. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

After reading several reviews of the Hyatt Regency Phoenix, I was a wondering, "how bad can this place could be?" But, much to my surprise, those reviews were way off base!

Everyone I encountered at the Hyatt was wonderful. From the front desk check-in to the bellman (Andre). My room was ready when I arrived and was perfect -- very large, clean and well stocked! The bed was extremely comfortable and I slept like a baby.

I ordered room service breakfast twice and was very pleased with the service and quality of my meal -- it was actually too hot! On both occasions, my breakfast arrived within 20 minutes.

I'm not sure what some travelers expect -- maybe they are hard to please. But, for the money and the convention center convenience, a traveler can't do much better than the Hyatt Regency!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Julie, thank you for your wonderful review of the Hyatt Regency Phoenix! We are very lucky to have such courtesy staff that take pride in what they do. We are glad that you had a great stay and hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Stayed for several nights for a conference in the convention center across the street. Convenient to get back and forth to the conference sessions, but otherwise mostly disappointing for a high-end hotel. Beautiful lobby, attentive valet & bell captains, but front desk (when you find it) could use some updated communication training. Pool was mostly stairs to a shallow swim lane, with everyone in the exercise room watching. Double queen room was fine; stocked and neat. Bathroom was so small that the toilet was on an angle so that the elongated bowl didn't hit the door, and only 3 stiff towels for a room intended for at least 2 people. Hope you don't need to do anything close with a mirror because there is only one big one in the little bathroom, so lean in. Really annoyed by the transportation situation (1) if parking in the "Regency" garage beware: they give you no discount for being a paid guest and will charge you the full $12 every time you go in and out (unless you want to pay $20 a day-for everyday of your stay- in advance; and (2) to charge guests $25 a piece for the hotel shuttle to the airport that's 3 miles away is ridiculous. Pulled my bag the two blocks to the Metro Rail and paid $2 to get to the airport train and then right to the terminal. If I have to go to downtown Phoenix again, I'd probably stay somewhere else where the bathrooms may be just as small but I won't be paying premium room rates and getting nickel-and-dimed for every service.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the east side of the building and keep the drapes closed during the day to have...
2  Thank CynLu
HyattRegencyPhoenix, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable review. The experiences you described are not characteristic of the level of service our colleagues strive to provide, and we apologize your stay was unsatisfactory. Your feedback was shared with our team, and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back and exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Stayed at this hotel for only one night on a recent trip into Phoenix for business. This is an excellent hotel. Service is superb from the valet parking, check in staff and on site restaurants and pubs. Had dinner in the Network Bar & Grill good food and drink. The room is very clean and comfortable. Very quiet at night. Beds are very comfortable. Location is central in downtown. If you are going to take in any of the professional sports available in Phoenix this would be the place to stay. Easy access to the interstates and the airport.

1  Thank jkilgo_3
HyattRegencyPhoenix, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Thank you for the positive review of our hotel. We are very pleased that you enjoyed our convenient location and that our staff exceeded your service expectations. We hope to see you again soon!