“Overall Great Stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Lake Havasu City, Arizona
“Overall Great Stay”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We chose the Hyatt last minute because I liked the looks of it. Working at a hotel myself, I am very picky when it comes to my hotel stays. The hotel decor was beautiful, the room was very nice, clean, comfortable and the staff was great! But, there wasn't anywhere to park your car unless you let valet take it. We ended up parking at another hotel's garage and paying them. The other thing was the shower started to back up as soon as my Fiance started the water. We told the front desk and the lady was very nice and immediately moved us to another room. The staff put coupons for free breakfast under our door but we didn't see them until after we had already paid for our room service breakfast. Which wasn't cheap. I wish they would have let us know. Other than that our stay was perfect! We had such a great time in Phoenix and if we would have had time we would have liked to go out downtown since we seemed to be in the middle of everything. Even though it wasn't a perfect stay I will definately stay here again due to how accommodating the hotel staff was.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
HyattRegencyPhoenix, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Phoenix, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank you for the kind words regarding your recent stay with us. I apologize that there was a maintenance issue in your room and that you were unable to use the breakfast vouchers. Next time you stay with us please feel free to contact the front desk and tell them about the situation, they would be happy to adjust the breakfast off of your bill. We hope to welcome you, a fellow hospitality guest, back to our hotel!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
  • Korean first
Iowa
Reviewed 24 June 2014

No complaints. The room was nice (I had an upgrade to a larger room). The lobby was elegant. The staff in the hotel bar/restaurant were friendly and the food was good. The conference center was across the street so it was extremely convenient. I parked my rental car in the garage for 3 days and walked to various downtown restaurants. Although I was in the heart of downtown, it felt quite comfortable. I did venture to the pool area and again, it was quite nice for an adult.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
HyattRegencyPhoenix, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Phoenix, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank you for your positive review of our hotel! We are very pleased that you enjoyed our convenient location and that you found your stay to be comfortable. We hope to see you again soon!
Inyokern, CA
Reviewed 19 June 2014

You can tell most of the staff has almost as fun as we did cause they loved talking about anything Comi-Con. In fact the staff was more excited that most of the other hotel guests. The rooms were always CLEAN. More than necessary. The maids did exceptionally. The valet parking was great
even during rush times and yes I did have to be a little patient or start early. The front desk answered all my questions and was always excited to be at their jobs. The bellmen helped greatly and had great attitudes. I am coming next year. Already made my reservations.

Room Tip: Pay the extra $17 to get the upgraded Comi-Con rooms. We had little to no abnormal noise. We shoul...
Green Features: Don't care. I was there to have a good time and I don't normally waste my resources. I am glad they want to be conservative with their assets because it will keep the hotel quality high and keep the price of the rooms down.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for sharing your experience here. We’re so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay! Our associates do enjoy comicon and we try to join in on the fun with our guests! Happy to hear that you will be returning again next year. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Rooms are typical but well kept and appointed. Reasonable rates and clean. Check in and out all done on a kiosk if you chose so no waiting however no personal interaction with desk staff either. Pretty much what you would expect from a typical downtown big name hotel chain.

Room Tip: Good views from higher floors
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
HyattRegencyPhoenix, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Phoenix, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Thank you for taking your time to write your review. We are happy that you were able to take advantage of our very convenient and central location, easy for both traveling in and out of Phoenix, as well as around the city. We hope to have you back again soon!
Omaha, United States
Reviewed 13 June 2014

This is a very nice hotel and the staff was great and helpful. From check in to check out I felt very comfortable in this establishment. Being that this was Comic com 2014 and the hotel was right across the street from the convention center it was supper busy during con days. This isn't bad however, it did attribute for delays in service. With that said the staff was supper nice and if they were overloaded they did not show it. There were only 2 things that made this a 4 star instead of a 5 star. 2 of the 5 days we had to call to have our room cleaned and the sink drain in the bathroom drained supper slow (it didn't get fixed while we were there). I would stay there again for another comic con.

Room Tip: The room we had was in a great location. No opinion in choosing.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable review regarding your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Phoenix. I am glad that we were able to exceed your expectations while staying during comicon. I understand that at times our service may have suffered due to the overload in guests, but i am glad our associates made a good impression and were able to take care of you. We hope to welcome you back again next year!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 12 June 2014

The room was beautifully decorated and the bed was super comfortable. We used the pool area and found it to be so relaxing under the canopies and on the great lounge chairs. The pool was refreshing and the hot tub was so relaxing at the end of the day.
The staff were excellent and went out of their way to direct us to the nearby restaurants, mall, movie theater, and the light rail transit (which is just a block away and so inexpensive and convenient) etc.
The food in the burger restaurant on the main floor of the hotel was surprisingly delicious and the service was very friendly. Starbucks right across the street too!!!!

Room Tip: I love the higher floors away from the inside exposed corridor but anywhere is a good choice.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
HyattRegencyPhoenix, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Phoenix, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Thank you for your great review of the Hyatt Regency Phoenix, I appreciate you sharing about your fabulous visit with! Hope to see you in the near future.
GA
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I had some concerns when we arrived and learned that ComiCon was going on as we came in to town to watch our Braves take on the Dbacks. I was assured by the staff that the strange looking folks were harmless and we'd hardly even know they were there. Thanks to the great room they put us in, they were right. When I saw what year this hotel was built I was a little concerned that it my not be up to current 4 star standards but I was very pleased that it exceeded my expectations.

Room Tip: 4 Star quality within walking distance of Chase Field
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
HyattRegencyPhoenix, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Phoenix, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable review. I am glad to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations and create a memorable stay for you. We hope to welcome you back again soon!