“Surreal” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #104 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Oakland Park, Florida
“Surreal”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

Arrived Saturday afternoon, one person working the front desk, I was #6 on line. Waited at least 45 before checked in? The overworked guy behind front desk was stressed but nice. The hotel is ok for the money but it was a wild range of people staying there. Bikers playing cards outside with blasting rock music, two semi naked guys with door wide open, people on cell phones walking around, semi questionable women in short shorts, truckers running there truck engines!
And the place was sold out, no rooms available. Denny's next door. Breakfast bad but it was free. Front desk clerk was restocking breakfast food, sweeping the floor, cleaning tables!
The employees did the best they could, but overworked.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank jpseader

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Phoenix, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

Needs new carpet and paint. All furniture needs replaced. The furniture was worn out and stained. Staff needs to clean under ac units and chairs/tables. Clean doors. Price was to much for accomadations and location. Positives: close to freeway and downtown, bus lines and restaurants

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Santa Fe, New Mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

To begin with, the clerk was young and discourteous--he kind of just shuffled around and mumbled--and this location is in a creepy part of town. As we drove around the lot looking for our room, we noticed that there were several suspicious looking individuals hanging about. When we finally found our room, we found it to stink of cigarettes. The whole building, in fact, emanates that same stench. The air conditioner pumps the smell of cigarettes into the room as well. As we took our things into the room, we noticed that the room next door was occupied by some thugs who were talking loudly and hanging around outside their room and in front of ours with their shirts off. They were hollering loudly using very inappropriate language as we tried to go to sleep. Honestly, I was glad that I had the forethought to bring my pepper spray with me. I was so worried about being mugged or attacked that I couldn't even sleep. I had nightmares all night of some thug sitting on the edge of my bed watching me sleep.
We stayed with La Quinta because of the very positive experience we had when we vacationed in New Mexico. In New Mexico, the rooms were spotless and fresh; the breakfast bar was stacked up with waffles, pancakes, bagels, juices and all kinds of good things. The breakfast bar at Thomas Road however left much to be desired. There were only cold, boiled eggs and cereal.
I had booked the same hotel for our return home but I cancelled before we even left the hotel because I don't ever want to go back there to try and rest.
Also, and finally, this was one of the more expensive LQs we've ever stayed at. The most horrible and the most expensive--bad combo.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank Cynthia G
San Diego, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

We had booked the rooms as group for a motorcycle rally that weekend. When we booked our rooms we were guaranteed to be on the same building on the first floor next door to each other. when we checked in, it took us over 1 hour just to try to figure it out the room situations. The manager gave us so much bull crap we ended up in different buildings on the first floor.Personally I have asthma I booked a non smoking room, they gave me a smoking room where I end up having an asthma attack the smell was so horrible. They moved us to another room where the air condition was so loud and their plumbing was very loud also. We end up staying in that room anyway because we got so tired of dealing with all their issues and we also was running late to are function. All of our rooms was so filthy, the towels was dirty and it has stains on the towels and beddings. The bathrooms had hair on the floor it was really dirty, it looks like no one have clean behind the toilet and nobody cleaned the floor in years.We found wet towels on the towel rack. one of the room has dirty sheets on the bed, he complain to the manager and maid brought him sheets and hand it to him. she didn't even made his bed! we complain to the manager but he didn't really didn't do anything! This La quinta is the worse we have ever stayed in! We rather sleep in a tent! Instead of being a hotel it should be a cheap motel! NASTY!

Room Tip: Don't stay there!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank miami_reina
Glendale, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

Where to begin? Check in and the smoke smell in the lobby will gag you. The clerk hygiene was debatable. This should have been a clue to move on, yet staying at La Quinta's before, I decided to stay. It was getting late. paid extra for a non smoking room, only to open room door and gag myself to the cigarette stench. Nothing a half bottle of bath and body works spray can't tame for few. The bed was clean, yet the pube hair in the bathroom made me keep my socks on. As I laid in bed, I noticed a hole in the ceiling and two small hole in the walls. If there were hidden cameras for a peep show, there is none for them to see. My fingers said screw this place, I have seen all I want to see. This La Quinta ranked right up there with all other prostitute hotels. Very disappointed.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple