“Surprise”

Ranked #109 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
United States
“Surprise”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I would say this is an alright place to stay. It is two stories, but no elevator which surprised me. It was overall clean, but I've been to better La Quinta's. Also, A little hard to get to because the entrance is not well laid out. For the price it was a good place to stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Tonya C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I am a La Quinta Rewards Elite member and am a very frequent guest of this hotel chain because it is my favorite. Normally I get great service at this particular location however today I'm ready to cancel my reservation and take my business elsewhere due to a telephone conversation with an employee named Brian. I called the hotel around 8:30 am and spoke with Brian amd explained I had a reservation for tonight and asked what would be the earliest time available that I could possibly check-in. After looking up my reservation, he explained they were very full the night before but stated that maybe they would have a room avail sometime between 12-1pm and I explained I would be arriving by bus and asked if I could call back and check again around that time to be sure before I got on the bus and he said that was fine. However, when I called back he was short with me and stated check-in is at 3pm and insisted he never told me that I could call back to see if anything would be avail any earlier. I am. not.at.all upset that they wont be able to.accommodate me with an earlier check-in time because I understand they were busier than normal and have other guests to accommodate as well but what bothers me is that he continuously denied our earlier conversation. and repetitively stated that he would have never told me such a thing which made me feel like I was being accused of lying, as if I have nothing better to do with my time. I am extremely offended.

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank AZgreeneyez
Tucson, United States
Reviewed 4 May 2014

The young woman at the check in was extremely helpful and amiable. She was able to rectify a misplaced reservation at a different inn with no drama. We like having a microwave and refrigerator in the room. We'll probably stay at La Quinta whenever and wherever we travel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Elaine D
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Choose this motel because it was near the hospital we needed to visit. The room was very good, but the location is downtown and not as nice as most LQ sites. After seeing the outside, the room was up to LQ quality. I still like parking outside my room.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Tucson, United States
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Many motorcycles staying that night. The beds were so small and uncomfortable. The room also too small and very outdated. Bathroom not very clean and no Shampoo or lotion. Will not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

2 Thank Manuel V
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 April 2014

got a great $50 a night deal through hotwire. hotel is perfectly adequate if a bit old and the area is a little sketchy. my big complaint is hotwire's map that shows this hotel being in downtown phoenix. it is nowhere near downtown phoenix. it's out just off the interstate. I complained to hotwire and they said that's what their map showed. I said their map is wrong. they basically said, "too bad, so sad." it's a $25 cab ride from the hotel to downtown phoenix. you can take a bus 10 stops and change to the metro light rail for six stops and you are then in downtown phoenix. think I will use priceline next time.

Room Tip: ask for an upstairs room.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I was looking for a place to stay for a couple weeks while on business in phoenix and I found this place. This place isn't perfect, lot of fwy noise and I found a open condom wrapper in my desk drawer, but other than that I had no real complaints for 80$ a night you cant expect the courtyard. however one day I get a call from the front office saying that my room smelled of "pot". I told them I have my medical marijuana license...im in a smoking room...this is a hotel where my door leads to the outside(motel style). And they still threatened to call the cops on me if more odors came from my room. Now keep in mind this is JUST ME in here not me and a crew of 10 dudes. if you don't want to deal with this I suggest you go else where

Room Tip: lots of options in this town....look elsewhere
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo