“La Quinta-Phoenix”

La Quinta Inn Phoenix North
Ranked #77 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Finnish first
Phoenix
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Rooms were dated. The door did not appear to close completely. Because I my stay was 4 nights my room was only cleaned (towels, trash emptied) every other day, which was a surprise. Located near the highway, noisy.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Henry P
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 15 November 2013

This was a nice hotel, right off the freeway. Easy access. Nice rooms with a great bathroom with a nice large countertop. The bed was comfortable and nice. Really liked that it had a full desk and a recliner in the room.

Breakfast was great.

The outside of the hotel showed a bit of age, but was acceptable.

There were only two complaints that I would make about the room. The ice machine was right outside our room. Everytime someone would get ice, any time of the day or middle of the night, it was like it was right inside our room. It was really loud and the people talking or giggling while they got their ice was even louder. It was pretty obnoxious.

Secondly, there were ALOT of little kids in the hot tub. When we wanted to get into it, the water was extremely cloudy. After getting into our swimming duds, we decided to go back to the room after seeing how bad it was.

So - all in all - we really liked the room - but, it I wish we could have enjoyed the amenities.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Colleen213
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Another great La Quinta. Very nice location right off I-17. The staff was very friendly when checking in and out. Basic room perfect for a one night or couple nights stay. Would stay here again the next time I stay in north Phoenix.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I was not looking for luxury so I did not have high expectations but I was quite disappointed with this LaQuinta.

Front desk staff: one lady was very pleasant. When I asked if my dead bolt was broke or purposely set not to turn all the way, she gladly explained that because their door handles lock automatically, there is no need for the deadbolts but they did not want to remove the deadbolts and leave a hole. They are waiting for the doors to be replaced. The other lady, though not unpleasant, was completely unconcerned when I asked why the air conditioner fan only had one speed whether it was set to low or high. It is just that way.

Room: The room was a nice size. The television is, in fact, a HD tv, and the room had a minifridge and microwave. The knob in the fridge was broke off/removed so it was set to one setting which was cool, not cold. Even though it was a non-smoking room, it smelled like smoke. The bed cover was relatively new but it was stained (coca cola or coffee I'd guess) and had a couple of holes in it. The sheets and pillow cases looked newer as well, but they too had small holes in them. The carpet had a couple of stains but in pretty good shape. The bathroom was horrible. The biggest issue was the cleanliness. The floor had hair, dirt marks and dust on it. The tub was very poorly cleaned. The ring that was in the tub had only partially been cleaned out. Even when I had the cleaning crew come in the second day, the same ring was in the tub. I was so uncomfortable walking on the floor that I made runners using towels. The toilet is old and stained. It is an older hotel so the baseboards are not pristine but there were water stains, peeling and built up dirt around it. After you used the sink, you heard the leaking from the pipes underneath.

The fitness center: dated equipment but it worked. There were two treadmills, a stair climber and a stationary bike. There was a rack for towels but none were in there and you need to bring your own water.

The pool area: I did not go into the pool but it was on the smaller side. The jacuzzi water was only luke warm. It smelled chlorinated but the water was not clean (you saw stuff floating) so I did not stay in long. There is a 1 foot round pool that is probably a kids swimming pool.

I did not eat the breakfast so do not know how it was. Overall, the hotel is in desperate need of updating and the cleaning crew leaves a lot to be desired. A dated hotel is not necessarily a bad thing but to be dated, unclean and not well-kept is a problem. I booked the room through priceline and quite frankly, I still think I paid too much for what I got.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank tmgatty

Travellers are raving about these Phoenix hotels