“more than good enough”

Ranked #124 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
GRAND ISLAND
“more than good enough”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

look, motel 6 is motel 6, and they sure had some interesting characters as clients, but it was clean, reasonably quite and the staff very helpful with a somewhat messed-up reservation... it might even have been my fault, the messup, and I think my willingness to concede error encouraged them to make me as comfortable as possible... certainly served the purpose at the night price....

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Palmer, Alaska
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights the first night we got room 260 and it was very noisy mostly because my neighbor had his tv cranked up and sounded like he was drinking heavily most likely..we checked out the next morning not wanting to stay there again but, there was a ton of huge conventions in town this weekend so every other hotel was booked up by the time we got around to looking for another place to stay...we even had to take a smoking room cause even they were full on non-smoking rooms. Honestly though it was much quieter that night I believe it was room 140 that we stayed in that night. Beds were cleanish floors were kinda nasty especially the smoking rooms. There were cracks in the roof and walls, the shower spayed water everywhere speraticly it was terrible. Bottom line is find somewhere else to stay if your able, except for victory inn hahaha...

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jake H
Motel6, Owner at Motel 6 Phoenix North - Bell Road, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Dear Jake H,

Thank you for sharing your review. We apologize for the unpleasant stay you had as a result of the noise and maintenance issues you experienced. These conditions are not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality, and we encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Travellers are raving about these Phoenix hotels

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Iv'e always liked motels, they're cheap and you can find some pretty good ones to stay at, but staying at this motel 6 was the scariest experience iv'e had so far. I was with 2 other girls and we decided to stay a night there before going home the next morning, it was cheap and didn't seem too bad. While walking up to our room we noticed the people hanging around and conducting drug deals in public and just being plain rude and noisy. The hotel room was alright, bad smell and really small but it was okay for the money. As we were going to bed we get a call from someone else's room, one of the girls i was with picked up the phone and a man asked if this was the room of a girl with a white sweatshirt on (my sister) and saying things like don't be scared i just want to talk; he must of seen her walk in the room. She quickly told him he had the wrong room and hung up. We thought he would leave as alone but continuelly called every hour for the rest of the night. I couldn't sleep at all because the bed was right near the phone and he'd call every hour waking me up; I was really scared because i saw people standing outside the window and people walking by talking loud and cursing all through out the night. The next morning we left quickly and as we were leaving a whole bunch of cops were just hanging around outside I guess looking for a man with a warrant for his arrest. Basically this hotel is crawling with just general bad people (which I'm used to) but the hotel staff did nothing about it. Please don't stay here if you want a safe and quiet night.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
9 Thank Katie895
Phoenix
Reviewed 28 June 2012

I have stayed at several hotels/motels in Arizona and this, by far, has the best office and maintenance staff I have ever come across. No matter what time I have gone to the office, day or night, the staff has always been alert, friendly and quick to take care of any need I may have. As far as the maintenance staff are concerned, I have yet to meet one that was not competent and sporting a friendly smile. Each one has offered to let them know if there was anything I might come across that they could do to improve my stay.
Not only is this staff kind and respectful towards their guests, they are also this way with each other. I have never heard any of them complain about their work or a fellow coworker. I believe the reason why these employees are so stellar is because of their manager. It is evident in the way that he speaks to them and treats them that he trusts them to do their best. Whenever I have seen him, he has also been hard at work, and it is easy for anyone to want to do their best when under a manager who willingly gives 100%.
There are numerous motel options in the Phoenix area to choose from but because of the way I have been treated here, it is my first choice.

Room Tip: Just let the staff know what your needs are. I have heard them try to accommodate guest's reque...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 8 June 2012

The first thing I noticed when I walked into the room was the stale smell. Then I noticed the stains all over the carpets. I got there really late so it was basically bed time right away, woke up the next morning and realized the place was infested with bed bugs. Both myself and my daughter woke up with bug bites all over our bodies. Also noticed the blankets were all covered with cigarette burns. Who knows the last time these sheets and blankets were even washed. Very DISGUSTING experience.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
8 Thank Matt D
Puerto Penasco, Mexico
Reviewed 8 December 2011

We travel with a cat. I got to deal with a back problem and our Bell St. Motel 6 was there for us...Helpful, clean, great staff and management. In the last 9 months it at times seemed like my second home 250 miles from my actual living facility (45 ft M/V Sea of Cortez, Sonora, MX).

We joked like a bad penny I kept coming back...but the facility is very well located to fwy and needs of folks seeking medical treatment in Phoenix plus all the wonderful shopping areas too.

These folks provide secure & safe comfort when one is not at their best...the facility is constantly being upgraded and I can walk around at any hour and feel safe.

Mrs M. E. Bryce

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 3 September 2011

I'd read an earlier review that trashed this place, but it was so close to where I needed to be this week that I decided to try it anyway. The pool was probably the most sparkly-clean pool I've ever been in ~ wonderful! ~ except the hot Phoenix sun made it almost too warm to enjoy.

The staff was very good and went out of their way to make things right. I stayed in a non-smoking room but the stale smell of old cigarette smoke is still in there; wouldn't recommend this if you are very sensitive to the smell.

This Motel 6 is nothing special but it's certainly worth the money if you need to stay in the immediate area.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business