“best inexpensive motel in the area by far”

Knights Inn Phoenix North
Ranked #140 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
pinetop-lakesida az
“best inexpensive motel in the area by far”
Reviewed 14 November 2011

although it was not directly off the freeway-a few turns off- this nicely kept property was surprising, one, because if was an inexpensive place to stay, but it was very well kept, the rooms exceeded our expectations, they were very clean and neat, and the front dest staff were very polite and nice, giving information as to accessing the morning coffee and danish provided and were it was. ive had stayed in most lodging within this area, and it beats them all hands down, also its access slightly off the freeway is a perk for less noise. you will be content with this choice, now i know where to stay from now on, when i stay in this area

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank niky885
familyinn, General Manager at Knights Inn Phoenix North, responded to this review, 13 December 2011
Thank you for your feedback, I hope to serve your lodging needs in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Lake Havasu City
Reviewed 12 November 2011

You definitely get what you pay for here. The TV is on the left side of the room and the bed is on the right side. How difficult would it be to put sheets on the bed that actually fit? The bottom sheet was a flat sheet that was meant for a queen size bed and we wrestled with it all night. 25 cents fill your ice bucket? What hotel charges for ice? Neighborhood not the nicest place. Don't leave the hotel after dark and definitely don't go for a sunset walk. Otherwise not to bad.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank rdtaz2
Thank you very much for your feedback. I do apologize about the issues you had experienced at our property, however we are working to exceed yours and all our customers expectations. I do hope you will give us another try in the future. Once again I do apologize and I do thank you for your feedback.
Florida
Reviewed 29 October 2011

I played in a Senior Softball World Series and a person on our team got reservations here. What a mistake. My wife and I arrived late in the evening (11:30 PM) and missed the street after getting off the highway. I went down one block to go around and in that short ride there were four police with people being arrested. Two were alone and there were two police across from the Circle K on the back street. As we turned the corner to go to the Days Inn there was another police chase in action. If you like tattle tale GREY towels, paying 25 CENTS for a bucket of ice, paying $2.81 for having a SAFE in your room per day and a DANGEROUS neighborhood, then go to this DUMP!!!!.....NEVER AGAIN!!!!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Hello, Im sorry to hear that your stay was anything less than satisfying. I have taken recent management over the property and many changes will be made in order to bring our standards over the top. As far as the police on property, we participate in whats called "Safe business network and sound crime prevention". We as a business try to help keep our property and surrounding areas free from crime, which lead for a better community. I do apologize and I hope you will give us another try in the future.

Travellers are raving about these Phoenix hotels

Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 August 2011

This was the most disgusting place we have ever tried to stay at. There were a whole group of people trying to check in when we arrived and we were made to wait about an hour before the attendant got to us. She was frazzled and it was obvious that she could not handle her job. The room that we were givin was not what we had reserved. Not to mention we called in advance to check on our reservation the day before. The room that they put us in was in the back by the dumpsters and there were lots of "people" hanging out on the terrrace "partying". At this point it was after midnight and we were exhausted so insead of leaving we went back to the front desk to complain. She did not leave her "post'but she then offered us another room by the pool which was what we had reserved to begin with. (mind you it was not available10 minutes earier). When we got to this room it smelled so badly we could not even enter. At this point we went back to the front desk and asked for a refund. It has been six months and the days in has been horrible. They refuse to refund our money for the room that we did not say in and charged us for the entire three days we were suppose to spend there. We ended up staying at the Sheraton Crescent and the staff was amazing and it smelled great and it was not loud and out of control. The cost difference was about $100.00 but it was so worth it. This Days Inn was the worst I have ever seen. Do not believe the managenents responses to our comments. They lie to make you stay at their establishment. It really was bad!!!The bullet proof glass that the attendant stays behind is a good indicator on whether or not you want to bring your family here. The Sheraton that we stayed at was only4 minutes away and they had no need for bullet proof glass!!!

Room Tip: don't stay here!!!
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank CheriseMenzie
Ash Fork, Arizona
Reviewed 16 August 2011

We needed a place to stay overnight, I had made reservations at this motel even though the star rating was not that great. I've come to the conclusion that the ratings made were by persons that needed to be at the Biltmore and not easy to please. This was a VERY NICE hotel!!! VERY CLEAN, NO BED BUGS, hot water in shower, TV, coffeemaker in room & microwave. We stayed from Sat to Sun, had towels, washcloths. On Sun, I wanted an to make another pot of coffee, and had no problems getting the extra coffee I wanted. The front desk clerk 'Linda" was extremely nice, and gave us no problem when I called and told her we were running late (due to a flat tire). The pool was clean and inviting. The continental breakfast had waffles, donuts, coffee, juice. Very nice. Would stay there again!!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Sharpy102362
Aylmer, Canada
Reviewed 2 August 2011

My wife and our 8 month old stayed at this dump in July of 2011 and were terribly disappointed. For starters, this MOTEL was a Motel 6 until recently when the owner decided to spend more money on the Days Inn sign versus renovating the place.
-The "free" WiFi is more than deceiving in that the routers are in each room in a metal box locked (i.e. you will be lucky to get 2 bars).
-The locking mechanisms on the doors are old and in most cases broken. Our key malfunctioned several times. This is a problem when you are standing in the 110 degree Phoenix heat.
-This dump charges 25 cents for a bucket of ice. What hotels charge for ice? Answer: motels that you rent by the hour.
-Lastly and for us the final straw. The carpets were dyed in the "renovation". We had over $300 worth of clothing damaged as a result of the dye bleeding onto our clothing.

The owner agreed to refund our stay, but refused to reimburse us for our damaged clothing. He then tried to blackmail me into accepting the refund as "hush" money, but the inept guy did not realize that we were already refunded. As this is a Days Inn (technically) it falls under the Wyndham umbrella. I called Wyndham to voice concern about this property and the owner, but they were not very concerned though I am...er...was a Wyndham Rewards member.

***STAY AWAY***

Room Tip: Motel 6 in disguise, 25 cents for ice, poor WiFi, keys don't work, carpets dyed
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
flagstaff, AZ
Reviewed 1 August 2011

I was there on July 31 and my family witnesses a lady get punched, slapped and drug into her room while we were at the pool. We tried calling 911 but did not have the address. Several other guests tried calling the office for the address and Linda the front desk lady refused to give us the address and said she would handle it. I had to look up the address on my phone then call 911 by that time all parties of the abuse where gone thanks to the front desk Linda who called them and told them a guest had called 911. When the police did arrive she did not even give them the license plate number. After speaking with the manager Mark, he claims he called 911 and left the property.
Mark refuses to give me the owners name, he claimed it was owned by the cooperate which I just got off the phone with them so I know that was not true. I guess I now know where the employees get it.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family