“Avoid this one!”

Knights Inn Phoenix North
Ranked #141 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Where to start. Reservations booked but when we arrived at check in time a 20 minute wait turned into two hours. Older motel but no excuse for what looks like hand me down furniture. Small room but furnishing allowed no movement when seated at desk. End table lamp on one side failed to work. Only one set of linen and promise to provide another set never happened. We paid $100 with a discount but advertised WiFi down and promises to restore never happened. Room lacked microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker, and all the liitle things that make traveling enjoyable. We inadverntly left a personal pillow but after leaving and calling from Benson AZ about recovering the pillow, front desk was of no help. Will never stay at this one again and have a biased eye to ever booking arrangements with the Days Inn chain.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gary H
familyinn, General Manager at Knights Inn Phoenix North, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2012

Its very disappointing to hear that your stay was not satisfying. I do apologzie about the issues that occurred at our property. I want to inform you that your concerns will be addressed and the proper reprimands will be taken to esnure issues as these don't arise in the future. I do hope you will give us another try in the future.

There are newer reviews for Knights Inn Phoenix North

Reviewed 26 February 2012

when booking my room online it said there was.an alarm clock and coffee maker in room and there was not also there was no iron or iron bored. When I checked in I had to change rooms cuz the first was dirty like the maids only made the beds. If you want ice u have to pay for it. they dont provide hand towels or wash clothes. Hot.water stays hot for about five mins. unless you book online and get a good deal there rates are supper high for what the room comes with.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank sscott24

I do want to apologize about the experience you have received from our property. Its very abnormal to hear that you did not have a coffee make nor an alarm clock radio as all our rooms have these standard amenities. Please accept my sincerest apologies, as those rooms should have not lacked those items or the cleanliness of our rooms, as thats are number one priority. I do hope you give us another try in the near future.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

Conveniently located. Walking distance to Metrocenter Mall, restaurants, movie theatre, spas. Close to downtown Phoenix, SkyHarbor airport with complimentary shuttle.

• Stayed: February 2012

I thank you kindly for your positive reviews and Im very happy to hear that your stay went well. I hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 5 February 2012

Had little choice needed a hotel to fit the trip and takes dogs at an extra $10.00 night which is reasonable. The room had so little towels and their was blood stains on my sheets. I did not say anything cause I just stripped the bedding and used what I had. It was rather dingy. No DND sign had housekeeping knocking at the door. On the plus side it was cheap cheap you get what you pay for. The front desk lady was nice.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 January 2012

Got this room for $30 on special. 50% off and would have been very upset if I had paid full price. Back of the hotel, bedspread did not even come down and cover the box spring, furniture well used with burn holes. Two bath towels, one face towel, and no wash cloths for a double room. Days Inn used to stand for a fairly decent quality, but not any more. Sheets felt they had been bleached and dried and were uncomfortable and scratchy. Walked on the carpet only with socks on.Had to call the front desk to see how to get on the internet. It was fairly ok. $10 fee for the dog. Should have stayed in a Motel 6. Like the Days Inn in Needles, CA I would not stay here again.
the breakfast room was fine, but with one waffle maker and one toaster the crowd had to wait. I grabbed a muffin and left.
No area to walk the dog that was decent and I sure would not wander the area alone at night.
The pool was decent and even had some shade tents set up. There is a bar and grill close by called Jimbos. Find it on a Thursday happy hour and you get LOTS of free wings with your drinks.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank TravelerWithDog
familyinn, General Manager at Knights Inn Phoenix North, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2012

I do apologize about the issues that occured at our property. We have recently gone through a new management change a few months ago and have been working hard to get our property to its exceptional level. You are correct, Days Inns are well known for great quality and I do hope you give us another try in the future as many changes will be coming.

Reviewed 14 January 2012

Even though the staff was kind and helpful, the room had a terrible smell that I did not notice in the beginning as i only droped my luggage and left. Once i was back, i even could not enter the room. I thougt that the problem was with that particular room first but after trying two more rooms with the similar smell problem, I asked for a refund and left the place.

I do not know how the local authorities grand permission to this place. It may be regarded as a public health hazard.

• Stayed: December 2011

Please accept my apologies as we are undergoing many changes to our property. We have recently gone through new management and will be addressing all these issues to ensure that our future customers just as you will have a pleasurable stay. I do hope you will give us another try to serve your lodging needs.

Reviewed 6 January 2012

OK, so I did not know what to expect from this area but I actually had a wonderful time! We spent most of our time in the hotel area. It was very clean, the rooms were nice with everything working. They had lots of fresh green grass that my dog would enjoy while our door was open. Breakfast was free each morning and even though I did not get the chance to swim, the pool was heated! The staff was so helpful and nice. They had great customer service here! I would for sure return to this hotel :)

Room Tip: We were right next to the breakfast area which didnt bother us much because we are early birds but i...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for the positive feedback. Im glad to hear your stay went well and I do hope you stay with us again.