“Location Is Great!”

Ranked #33 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
York Beach, Maine
“Location Is Great!”
Reviewed 21 June 2012

The Hilton Suites Phoenix is located in the downtown area with easy accessibility to museums and restaurants. There is a free hotel shuttle service available for a two mile radius of the hotel. This is a full service hotel with an effective staff. The rooms are pleasant and roomy.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank DRH0PS

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 11 June 2012

My wife and I stayed here for two nights during my sister's wedding in April 2012. My other sister and mother stayed in the room next door.

Both of us liked the hotel. In fairness, my sister liked it a bit more than I did. The standard rooms are a great size. They have a separate bedroom from "living area" and each has a television. The couch was very comfortable while watching TV and there was also a desk nearby. Two things for me that didn't live up to expectations: the decor seemed like it was from the early 90's and the bathroom doors were paper thin. I love my wife but I don't need to hear some of the things that occur in there.

They also have a pool, which my niece enjoyed, but was a little small. The breakfast buffet was tasty and reasonably priced.

All in all I would probably try to find somewhere a bit trendier first but I'd stay here again if I couldn't find anything reasonably priced.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank datreic
San Diego, California
Reviewed 31 May 2012

We arrived at the hotel late at night from San Diego because we were competing in Phoenix for a softball tournament. The front desk notified us that we would have to be moved to the Hilton Garden Inn down the street because they had a maintenance issue and were sold out. I work at a hotel and I understand this sometimes happens. Our softball manager just had the four of us sleep on their sofa beds for that night and the hotel comped OUR ENTIRE STAY for us! Wow! I wasn't expecting them to give us anything but they were so generous! The hotel is very nice and all interior so rain or shine (I'm sure it doesn't rain much in Arizona) you can enjoy the pool and the bar. It is very centrally located and close to the light rail so you can travel to nearby areas for food and clubs. The only thing I was disappointed about, which I can't complain much because I stayed for free, is that they didn't have a complimentary breakfast for their guests. If I was on business and had to pay 15 dollars for the breakfast buffet that wouldn't be helpful if I was on the go.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Adkin0509
St Louis, MO
Reviewed 8 May 2012

The hotel is nice, but it appears that it was once an Embassy Suites -- has the open atrium design. Front desk staff very pleasant and helpful. Soon after arriving in room -- which was very large, nice and clean (but odd smell), the fire alarm went off. I opened door (11th floor) to smoke. Went down 11 flights of stairs to find out staff had caught table clothes on fire by sternos (setting up for a banquet.)
Breakfast buffet--quick, average (but hot) food. Dinner restaurant should be avoided, very salty food, not pleasant in presentation and very expensive.
Would definitely go back there for business. (Not close to a lot.)

1 Thank ShelbyJR
Cornville, Arizona
Reviewed 25 April 2012

This hotel is a little older, but well maintained and the rooms are very comfortable small suites, with a refrigerator and microwave. Even though it is a central city hotel, the way the building is positioned on the block made it very quiet, at least in our 10th floor room. Some reviewers have mentioned that they believed it used to be an Embassy Suites, I dont know about that, but it is definitely similar with a large open atrium in the center and glass elevators up and down. The location is a block away from the light rail station, so makes a quick, easy inexpensive trip to the sports venues and other downtown locations. We were here for a diamondbacks series. It has a interior pool with adjoining fitness room. The fitness room is well equipped for this type of hotel, with 3 treadmills and an eliptical, a bicycle, and a weight machine. We only had breakfast at the central atrium patio restaurant, but it was good and reasonably priced. If there is any downside there is not an abundance of other eateries within walking distance. The price we obtained through hotwire was very reasonable for a suite.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank BongoColo
Saint Louis, Missouri, USA
Reviewed 21 April 2012

A very nice hotel, somewhat similar to an Embassy Suites (except that breakfast is not included unless you are Hilton Gold or Diamond). I found the room to be large (separate living room and bedroom, with a fairly large bathroom) and experienced no noise problem. Wireless internet costs $9.95/day unless you are Gold or Diamond. My room was close to the point of needing a facelift (wallpaper and carpet getting dated), but the room was clean and comfortable. The buffet breakfast was also good. I would stay here again.

San Leandro, California
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Excellent hotel! The rooms were the best. Seperate bedroom and living room area. Large desk for working, small fridge, and small microwave. Very quiet and peaceful. I would stay here again in a heartbeat. Oh yeah, big bathroom with large closet for hanging clothes.

Room Tip: Rooms on Thomas Road are sunny and have view of downtown Phoenix.