Ranked #35 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 15 November 2012

I've stayed here twice and don't have any complaints. It definitely does remind me of an Embassy Suites and it's not the newest property around but it's maintained just fine. The rooms were a bit dated but clean. The staff is very nice, the breakfast is above average, and it was quiet, which I appreciated. The parking is located just next door, but it's not directly connected to the hotel, which was a little confusing. Also, if you are looking for things to do or places to eat outside of the hotel, options are limited in the Midtown area near the hotel, but good access to all over Phoenix.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 14 November 2012

The location of this hotel is great. You can use the rail to get around the town. I found others in my group had stayed at the ARIZONA BILTMORE, A WALDORF ASTORIA RESORT for the same price or less. Next time I am going to stay at the Biltmore and enjoy true elegance.

Room Tip: Get a high room and make sure you have registered for Hilton Honors, it help quite a bit. The room...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
JayAnderkinGM, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Downtown North (formerly Hilton Phoenix Suites), responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2012

Thank you for staying with us and sharing some of your valuable time to review your experiences at our hotel. We agree that our location is great with above standard cleanliness. I hope you will never overlook us if Central Phoenix convenience is ever important to you. I do completely understand your sentiments regarding the Arizona Biltmore, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, it is truly one of a kind. Of course, I would appreciate any opportunity to provide you a quality and valuable stay at the Hilton Phoenix Suites.
Best Regards,
Jay Anderkin

Reviewed 5 November 2012

Nice location for business travellers, right in the middle of downtown close to good restaurants and other conveniences. The hotel serves very good food, don't miss that! The breakfast is superb. Staff are very friendly and very helpful. I couldn't swim in the tiny swimming pool. The suites are really nice and spacious I could not ask for more. I stayed in the hotel for 8 days and I enjoyed my stay. I will go back again and again. I remember sitting at the bar in the evening with some. Of my colleagues and the manager came by to ask for what I would love to drink, I responded Ginger beer, he told me he has never heard about ginger beer before, he apologized, we laughed it off and he went away. The next days we were relaxing at the same spot and one of the staff showed up and place a bottle of ginger beer on my table. I was surprised. The manager had search for ginger beer on the Internet and ordered some bottles. The first bottle I drank was on the hotel. What a delight, what a service. I will never forget this experience.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 October 2012

If you're on a business trip and working north of downtown near Central Avenue, then this is a good choice. The all-suite hotel is nicely appointed, clean, and convenient to most of Phoenix. I wouldn't stay here if you're coming for downtown activities. In rush hour, it is about 10 -15 minutes from downtown. The parking is not ideal, as other posters have mentioned. Watch out for some north facing rooms -- mine had a beautiful view of the parking garage. I was switched later to a south facing view with nice mountain and downtown vistas. The food in the lobby area was good, not great, but convenient. Not much around within walking distance. For the price I paid at the Hilton, I would have rather stayed in the Arizona Biltmore, but they were sold out.

One other note: the hotel shuttle is hit or miss. A trip to downtown in the morning was arranged and executed quickly, but an afternoon pickup was a disaster. It took about 75 minutes from the time I called until the time I was delivered back at the hotel. I could have walked in half the time, but it was 100 degrees. Should have taken a cab. The hotel said the driver would be there in 30 minutes (more like 45) and then he attempted to pick up another passenger downtown -- another 20 minutes of unsuccessful searching. (What did that dude not understand about meeting the driver at the corner of 3rd and Washington? Very perplexing). Finally the guy saw my frustration and just drove me back. I gave him a nice tip for that.

Room Tip: The some of the north facing views are obstructed by the parking garage. South facing has nice view...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 October 2012

I stayed at this hotel the beginning of Oct. because of a short notice medical appointment nearby. The patient rate for Sun night was $125. Had a sandwich for dinner and it was fine; went through the breakfast buffet (there's a charge) Mon morning and took a number of items, which were well prepared, back to my room to eat while getting ready. I had chosen the hotel because of the free shuttle service to my appointment; however, the night before, I got a call saying the shuttle would not be available exactly when I needed it to be. I explained my dilemma and the hotel then ordered, at no charge, a private car to take me. I very much appreciated them honoring their promise of medical transportation. The room itself was well furnished and the bathroom was great. LOVED the magnifying mirror--great for putting on make-up. I wish more hotels would realize how important good lighting and adequate mirrors are for women!

Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 October 2012 via mobile

The breakfast is really good. Don't plan on swimming, the pool looks very small and I've stayed here 5 or 6 times and have yet to see anyone in the pool. It's a great place to stay in downtown Phoenix. I'm here for business and guessing everyone else is as well which explains the pool thing. I wish there were more places to eat within walking distance.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 11 October 2012 via mobile

It's a nice place. I've not eaten anything here but breakfast, but it is a great start to the day. I've seen other reports that the food isn't up to par, but all I can say is breakfast is pretty darn good.

• Stayed: October 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Phoenix
Deer Valley
Drury Inn & Suites Phoenix Happy Valley
Encanto
Hampton Inn Phoenix-Midtown-Downtown Area
North Mountain
Comfort Suites Phoenix North
Camelback East
Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix Biltmore

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Downtown North (formerly Hilton Phoenix Suites)? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Downtown North (formerly Hilton Phoenix Suites)

Address: 10 E Thomas Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85012-3114
Region: United States > Arizona > Central Arizona > Phoenix > Encanto
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#16 Family Hotel in Phoenix
#25 Business Hotel in Phoenix
#31 Romantic Hotel in Phoenix
Price Range: £134 - £274 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Downtown North (formerly Hilton Phoenix Suites) 3.5*
Settle in for a relaxing stay at our Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Downtown North hotel. Located in the city's midtown/downtown Central Corridor, we are just seven miles from Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX) and two miles from the Phoenix Convention Center. Start your day with a free made-to-order breakfast. Relax in a two-room suite with a private bedroom and a separate living room with a sofa bed, perfect for families or business travelers. Amenities include complimentary WiFi, sofa bed, wet bar, mini refrigerator, microwave and 55-inch flat-screen TV. Stay active with a workout in our fitness center or take a dip in the indoor heated pool. Stay productive in our business center or host a meeting or special event in our 2,100 sq. ft. flexible event space. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Downtown North (formerly Hilton Phoenix Suites) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hilton Suites Phoenix Hotel Phoenix
Hilton Phoenix
Hilton Hotel Phoenix
Phoenix Hilton
Embassy Suites By Hilton Phoenix Downtown North (Formerly Hilton Phoenix Suites) Arizona