Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Downtown North
US$138
US$202
US$179
  • Pool
Arizona Grand Resort & Spa(Phoenix)(Great Value!)
US$199
  • Restaurant
US$245
US$235
  • Restaurant
All reviewslight railfront deskindoor poolbreakfast buffetparking garageheard museumliving roomshuttle servicebusiness stayconvention centerrooms are largeroom servicevery nice staychase fieldeasy accessenjoyed my staydefinitely stay here again
Reviewed 30 January 2013

broken AC in phoenix!!!! i complained every single day but they couldn't fix it until day 4 of my stay when i involved the 800 hilton number and hotels.com. then the head of engineering could go flip a switch in the basement that turned off the heat and turned on the ac.

save yourself the hassle. don't stay here.

Room Tip: book a different hotel. ac does not work.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JamaicaNice72
JayAnderkinGM, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Downtown North, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2013

Thank you for staying with us recently and taking the time to write this review and the other correspondences regarding your visit that you have shared. I’m very sorry that you did not enjoy the week you spent with us. Regardless of any excuse I can present, the bottom line is we’re in the business of hospitality and our commitment is to your complete satisfaction. Unfortunately the conditions in the Phoenix Area of 4 days with nighttime temperatures below 25 degrees are rare, and probably historic. The reason you found the end of your visit more comfortable are due to weather conditions; consistent nighttime temperatures in the 40's allowing us to turn the AC back on without having adverse affects on our system and other guests. I truly wish your experience would have been different.

Reviewed 25 January 2013

I stayed at the Hilton Phoenix Suites for two nights in mid January. I had a King suite, and I payed $189 per night.

I enjoyed my stay, the suite was spacious with one king bedroom, a spacious bathroom, and a living area with a sofa, chair, and desk. It also had a small sink, fridge, and microwave. Bed and pillows were comfy, and I had a great view of the mountains! I ordered room service, and it came on time.

There is a breakfast buffet in the lobby which was pretty good, had eggs, bacon, sausage, hash browns, pancakes/waffles, oatmeal, cereal, yogurt, fruit, baked goods, etc and was only $12. Not bad at all. The lobby area which has the buffet/restaurant is a beautiful atrium.

I enjoyed the location. It is located in the "Midtown" area of Phoenix -- largely business area. The hotel itself is located in a small business plaza, which I actually enjoyed as the immediate area was well kept and clean. Right next to the hotel is the light rail metro station. $3.50 gets you a day pass which will take you straight into downtown (only 3 stops away form the hotel) or as far as Tempe and Mesa. It is an enjoyable ride.

There is not much dining wise in the area, however there was a Starbucks, Qdoba, and a few other eateries across the street. Only downside: these establishments are only open on business days. Everything except the Starbucks was closed on Sunday, and has limited hours during the week.

All in all I enjoyed my stay, clean hotel, friendly staff, I was very comfortable. I will definitely return on my next trip.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view of the mountains
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 January 2013

to exspensive for the quality of service. no free breakfast, wifi, parking. you pay this super high price and then they charge you for every little thing. the hotel looks as if were run by a group of young adults as we witnessed employees arguing and cursing around my kids. we also advised the front desk that we need a confirmation email but never received one. your best bet is too find another hotel or try and get some extra free services from them, other wise your better off staying at hotel 6. at least they give you free wifi and danishes.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
JayAnderkinGM, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Downtown North, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2013

Thank you for staying with us recently and taking the time to review your visit. Your feedback is very valuable, but your complete satisfaction is what we‘re really after. While the feedback will help direct us in the future; we failed to deliver the value you were looking for on this visit. I understand that you were unhappy with some of the charges. I apologize if the charges were not clear when you booked the room. Some chains include these services into the room rate - however we only charge the 35-40 percent of our guests who actually use our parking facility and in-room internet services. We do have a complimentary 24 hour business center and free wifi in all of our public areas. And if you're looking for more, we do have amenity inclusive packages and an industry leading loyalty programs that benefit many travelers like yourself. I hope you will allow me an opportunity to regain your business.

Reviewed 4 January 2013 via mobile

This is a great hotel, we got a room with a conference table in it, and it was quite spacious. The toiletries were very nice, and the room was very clean. The hotel itself looks great, and my daughter loved the indoor pool, which finding one in Phoenix is unusual. The breakfast is very good, I have status with Hilton, so didn't have to pay for it. Wi-Fi is not included, but free for people with status.

The only complain about this hotel, is the fact that it has so many windows, that is very noisy. With all the traffic, I did have problems going to sleep. I didn't ask for another room, as I don't know if it would have made a difference. Just a warning.

But other than the noise, it's a great hotel, all the staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 23 December 2012

Hotel is similar to in the round hotels. Beautiful lobby, classy suites, leather couch, microwave fridge. No shuttle to airport is a bummer, although adjacent hotels offer this. Breakfast buffet good, you have to ask for omelet or eggs other than scrambled. Marketplace is closed, but they will open it upon request, (convenience issue). Without a vehicle you are forced to take local hopper trains, not bad $1.75 each way to downtown. Heard museum about 1.2 mile away, and local restaurant Durants. No shopping, or major restaurant chains nearby. Best guess, rent a car. Whatever happened to warm cookies everyday? Hotel parking $ 11 daily.Next visit will be closer to downtown or Scottsdale.

Room Tip: Get a hotel closer to downtown or rent a car and stay in Scottsdale area.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business