“Weekend get a way”

Ranked #31 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Las Vegas, United States
“Weekend get a way”
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Great customer service and attention to detail. Breakfast was awesome, front desk very friendly and willing to help out... I'll stay again when in Phoenix.. only place I'd stay Hilton! Was in town for a softball tourney and I felt like the red carpet was rolled out for us, had to rooms and great service. I will return and I like the location with options of restaurants near by. Great location near major freeways and easy in and out with the parking and internet . I will stay again when in Phoenix...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Springfield, Ohio
Reviewed 10 April 2013

We extended our stay to 7 total days when attending a family wedding because this hotel and staff are so outstanding!!! Not only were the suites very clean, the front desk assistance efficient and friendly, but the shuttle service within a 2 mike radius made travel so easy. The metro is just a hop, skip and a jump from the hotel as well! The housekeeping is superb. We appreciated the fact that we could easily do laundry for just the cost of the soap. A significant part of our stayi was the availability of the sizable indoor pool and the fitness room with Precor equipment. In addition, we were given complementary daily passes to a huge fitness center next door. Most significant of all is that the front desk staff treated us in such a way that we felt we were important to them!! Get ready to be "wowed" should you wisely choose this hotel!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of Camelback Mountain---splendid!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 April 2013

The hotel is breath takinginly beautiful. I was overwhelmed with how stunning it was as soon as I entered. Staff was courteous and helpful. Room was clean and well furnished with up-to-date televisions and amenitites. Close to several areas.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 April 2013

I've stayed in this property on multiple occasions for work. The hotel fits the bill and it's nice to have suites for a little more expansive feel. Can't speak much for the restaurant - never saw more than a few tables at a time. I have Hilton Gold, so I received the breakfast buffet complimentary - it's solid as far as buffets go, and the staff is usually fairly attentive to coffee and silverware requests. Like some of the other reviews, I don't know that I've ever seen the little gift shop open. The gym is rather small compared to other properties of similar size - it has 2 or 3 treadmills, 1 or 2 ellipticals, and a few free weights, all tucked into a little room behind the lap pool. It'll get your heart rate up, but I've seen bigger and newer facilities in smaller hotels.

Rooms are comfy and clean - every time I've stayed, I've been able to crank the A/C down into the 60's no problem. Not much to look at around the hotel except other office buildings, but I was there for work and the property is a 3 minute walk from the office. It does seem centrally located to many of the museums and other attractions in the area.

Parking charges a fee to park in an adjacent garage - this is probably the only thing I have an issue with - there are probably 40 spaces available in their little section and I've often returned at night to find it full. I managed to just hide and park in another part of the garage without issue, but it's something that I didn't like having to deal with.

Overall, it's a good spot to setup for a stay if you're in town on business

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 29 March 2013

This property is fairly average — the rooms are nice; however, it feels a little "worn" in the common areas. My experience in the hotel restaurant (Great American Grill) was terrible. The waitress acted as though I was a significant interruption to her day and the food was awful. Unfortunately, the front desk was not particularly helpful in terms of suggesting any nearby dining alternatives... I'll find another place to stay on my next trip to Phoenix.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
JayAnderkinGM, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix Suites, responded to this review, 8 April 2013
Thank you staying with us and taking the time to compose a review. I’m sorry you experienced this level of customer service on this visit. Your experience will be addressed with the restaurant and guest service teams. I appreciate you alerting me to this issue and I hope to show you a much different experience if you return to the area and give us a second chance.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 27 March 2013

I have stayed in this hotel 3 weeks for a long term project and will not stay here again. Each time I have stayed the front desk has been very slow at checking people in, and the night staff is almost rude, and definitely not very concerned with going out of their way to satisfy a guest. The hotel is overpriced, I assume you are paying for the extra square footage from having a pretty-much useless living room suite. Most hotels in this price range have much better service and facilities.

The first time I stayed here, on check in, I waited about 15 minutes for the clerk to check in one party of two people who were requesting a government rate. When it was my turn, I gave the front desk clerk Javier a $10 tip and asked him to help me make reservations for the next three weeks. He seemed really slow at the process. In the meantime, the line behind me was growing. I asked if he wanted to check in the other people in line, then call me in my room to let me know availability. He made a note and promised to call. About three hours later I called down and asked if he was still there, and the lady that answered the phone said he was. I asked her to remind him to call me re: availability. Never got a call. Later that night (3am?) the A/C still hadnt cooled my room. I called down and asked to have someone come fix my AC, but they said no maintenance people were there. I asked to move rooms, but they said they were all full. Frustrating. Sweaty night... That was also the last time I tipped the front desk.

When I checked in this week, they did not have any king rooms available as I had reserved over a month ago. The room they put me in had trash still in the trash cans from the previous person. Also, the LodgeNet movies did not work. The bathtub had really bad stains and hairs in it. I complained that the room was not clean, and they moved me to a handicap room since they didn't have a standard king room. I asked if I were going to get an upgrade due to my HHonors Diamond status, and the reply was that I had been upgraded to a suite. I responded with "Aren't all your rooms suites??" Well, yeah they are.... They said they do have some larger suites. I asked if i was in one of them, they said they didn't have any available. So the answer was no, I wasn't getting an upgrade.
Also, my rental car was scratched down one side in the horrible parking garage.

Also, the front desk told me that the gift shop could be opened by someone to get snacks if I were hungry late night. In addition there is an equally sad Xerox'ed sign on the door stating "Sorry we are closed, please ask the front desk to open the shop" So at 1130 after room service was closed, I went down to the front desk to see if I could get a snack. They said no they do not open it at night. I replied that there was a sign saying they did. The front desk clerk (Jeff?) said, well, they just don't have the staff to open the store for *just anyone* needing a snack. I found the comment borderline offensive and condescending. He had been sitting in the back office with the door open, chatting with another front desk clerk and there was no one waiting anywhere in the lobby.

The main reason that I will not return is that my A/C once again would not go below 72 no matter how low i set it. Maintenance came and looked at it but could not get it to go lower. They said the A/C are evaporative coolers (versus refrigerated coolers), so they just don't cool that low. The thermostat on the wall under the vent in the living room said 72 was the room temp, so I know places not directly under the vent (like the bed) were significantly warmer.

This place feels like an Embassy Suites from 1990, complete with fake waterfall. I guess I am spoiled by the Westin, and by other nicer Hilton's around the country. I wouldn't mind the decor if the staff were more helpful and efficient. I am on a year long project in Phoenix and can spend my company's money anywhere I want, but it will not be at this property again. I'm glad that I wont have to beg to spend money at a sad little gift shop or be spoken down to by a sad little front desk clerk.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
JayAnderkinGM, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix Suites, responded to this review, 29 March 2013
It’s unfortunate that your experiences have caused you to seek alternate hotel accommodations. We obtain our job satisfaction and frankly job security by creating experiences for our guests that help in their success and comfort, I’m very sorry. I won’t take up your time trying to explain off each and every item you have mentioned but I’m grateful that you have taken the time to write such a detailed review. I wish I would have been given the opportunity to address your concerns on your very first visit; and I very much welcome the opportunity to discuss this by phone or in person if you are available to do so. I take your comments and your experience very seriously; they will be shared with the hotel team. I’m confident that they will be as disappointed yet as eager as I am to work through the opportunities of your experience.
Springfield, Virginia
Reviewed 18 March 2013

The hotel was very clean and had a nice bar/restaurant area. The staff was very friendly and they even had a shuttle that would drive us into the city center and pick us up. I believe it ran til about 10:30 every night.

Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple