My daughter and I stayed here for one night before a flight. They allowed us to leave our cars in their parking lot gratis while we were away. The room was nice. The hotel staff very kind and efficient. We took the shuttle to the airport at 430am. The driver was prompt and gave us clear instructions how to call them upon our return for pick up.
When we returned, we called and were met quickly and driven back to the hotel. We went to load our luggage into our cars, and my daughter's vehicle wouldn't open with her keyfob because the battery had died while we were away. We unlocked the door with the key and tried to turn over the engine. It was super dead.
I was about to call AAA when I thought maybe the hotel would have some cables to jump the car. I asked inside and the shuttle driver got the manager. He brought out some contraption that connected to the battery terminals and would start the car. He hooked it all up (wearing a very nice suit and pristine white dress shirt and tie) and as soon as he flipped the switch on the device, the horn went on and the light were blinking. Great! we hadn't even turned over the motor and we were golden, we thought. However, in the ruckus, the driver door had moved itself partially closed. Closed enough. And the door had locked itself... with the dang keys inside. No backup keys on us.
This kind manager, dressed up and looking good, spent at least 30-50 minutes helping us break into the car with a wire hanger while we waited for AAA. He was able to eventually use the wire to push down the door unlock button as I turned on the charger machine giving the car power. And the door unlocked! We cancelled AAA.
This manager was kind and patient and went so far beyond the call of duty. He could have just told us to call AAA or a locksmith and given us a cup of water or something and walked away. I am beyond impressed. He is a gold medal winner, Hall of Famer. Extraordinary!
I am ashamed to say, I never got his name. But I will remember him for a long time to come. I have never had a less than satisfactory experience when dealing with any Drury Inn manager. Ever.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Drury Inn & Suites Phoenix Airport is conveniently located off I-10 by Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport. A free, 24-hour airport shuttle is available. This hotel is centrally located between downtown Phoenix and Tempe, near Arizona State University. Enjoy free hot breakfast and free hot food and cold beverages every evening at our 5:30 Kickback(R). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites Phoenix Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn And Suites Phoenix Airport
- Drury Inn & Suites Phoenix Airport Hotel Phoenix
- Radisson Phoenix Airport Hotel
- Phoenix Radisson
- Drury Inn & Suites Phoenix Airport Arizona