“No Problems, Okay”

Drury Inn & Suites Phoenix Airport
Ranked #5 of 173 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Never stayed in this chain before. Chose it because of Trip Advisor reviews. Wasnt' "wowed," but wasn't unhappy either. Business vibe, a bit sterile, unwelcoming in decor. Certainly convenient to airport. Quite spacious, very clean king suite room on 5th floor with nice balcony and great views of Phoenix. Enjoyed having coffee on balcony in the a.m. Didn't care for the lobby or breakfast area, and the breakfast food was "blah"; we had cereals. Staff certainly nice enough. A bit overpriced I'd say.

Room Tip: You will hear jet noise from airport. Also, located in corporate park, only a waffle house nearby...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Loretta S
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Thank you for choosing to be our guest at the Drury Inn & Suites Phoenix Airport and for taking the time to share your feedback. My team and I are pleased to hear that our goal to provide you with clean and comfortable accommodations along with friendly service was achieved, and that you enjoyed our balcony and convenient location. I am sorry to hear you did not care for our breakfast, and appreciate your comments, as we will use them to help improve our product and services.

Please feel free to contact me at the hotel If you would like to let us know what items you would like to see added to our breakfast buffet of scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits & gravy, Belgian waffles, oatmeal, bagels and assorted pastries. We are always testing new items and looking for ideas.

We truly appreciate your business and hope you will give us additional opportunities to serve your lodging needs!

Keith K.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

If you are looking for the airport hotel at Phoenix,
I recommend this hotel. Quite comfort and had good time there.
Offer shuttle bus of course.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Was very surprised at the size of the room and its comforts. It has a small fridge and a
a microwave. Friendly staff everywhere.
I do think that the breakfast that is offered in the price could be a bit
nicer. They do offer a basic breakfast but no fruits and the a nicer set up
would make everything more appealing.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for your kind words about our friendly staff here at the Drury Inn & Suties Phoenix Airport. We strive to do our best to make every guest feel at home and happy. I appreciate your feedback about our breakfast and will be sure to share your comments with Drury management, as we are always testing new items and use guests comments to help improve our product and services. Many guests feel Drury has one of the best free breakfast offerings in the industry today; however, we realize it may not suit everyone. Besides the hot buffet line of eggs, potatoes, biscuits & gravy, and sausage, we also offer Belgian waffles, oatmeal, assorted bagels and pastries, fruits and more. It is possible that some of the items were missed, as the items are spread over a large area.

Our guests' satisfaction is very important to us, and if you ever have a need or concern, please feel free to let someone at our front desk know, so we can help right away.

We appreciate your business and hope to welcome you as our guest again!

Keith K.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

We stayed at this Drury Inn after arriving in Phx on a late night flight. The airport shuttle was prompt and the driver pleasant. Later the same person brought us a roll-a-way and refused our tip because he said we were already too generous when we tipped him for handling our bags. (We had 6 large suitcases and I gave him a $3 tip... so I didn't over tip him at all.) I thought that was nice of him given that I'm sure much of his salary is dependent on tips.

Check in was quick and we were in our room within a few minutes. The room was nice and clean. Even though we didn't use it the mini-fridge and microwave it would be a nice addition if staying for a full vacation.

The next morning we enjoyed their complimentary breakfast. It was awesome- a very nice spread. The breakfast hosts were great-- while scooping up some eggs, Evageline (bkfst host) noticed the eggs were almost gone. She quickly apologized and ran back the the kitchen and had them replenished in less than minute. We often stay at hotels that offer a free continental breakfast but I've never seen breakfasts hosts so attentive and on top of things like Evageline & Clarice.

After breakfast I stopped at the front desk to get info on check out and a taxi for later. Iris was quick to offer us a later check out, giving us an extra hour and arranged a taxi for our departure.

What a nice way to start our vacation! If this is what all Drury Inns are like its our new hotel of choice.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank HollyPoast
Reviewed 25 March 2014

My daughter and I stayed here for one night before a flight. They allowed us to leave our cars in their parking lot gratis while we were away. The room was nice. The hotel staff very kind and efficient. We took the shuttle to the airport at 430am. The driver was prompt and gave us clear instructions how to call them upon our return for pick up.

When we returned, we called and were met quickly and driven back to the hotel. We went to load our luggage into our cars, and my daughter's vehicle wouldn't open with her keyfob because the battery had died while we were away. We unlocked the door with the key and tried to turn over the engine. It was super dead.

I was about to call AAA when I thought maybe the hotel would have some cables to jump the car. I asked inside and the shuttle driver got the manager. He brought out some contraption that connected to the battery terminals and would start the car. He hooked it all up (wearing a very nice suit and pristine white dress shirt and tie) and as soon as he flipped the switch on the device, the horn went on and the light were blinking. Great! we hadn't even turned over the motor and we were golden, we thought. However, in the ruckus, the driver door had moved itself partially closed. Closed enough. And the door had locked itself... with the dang keys inside. No backup keys on us.

This kind manager, dressed up and looking good, spent at least 30-50 minutes helping us break into the car with a wire hanger while we waited for AAA. He was able to eventually use the wire to push down the door unlock button as I turned on the charger machine giving the car power. And the door unlocked! We cancelled AAA.

This manager was kind and patient and went so far beyond the call of duty. He could have just told us to call AAA or a locksmith and given us a cup of water or something and walked away. I am beyond impressed. He is a gold medal winner, Hall of Famer. Extraordinary!

I am ashamed to say, I never got his name. But I will remember him for a long time to come. I have never had a less than satisfactory experience when dealing with any Drury Inn manager. Ever.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank gotmywings6
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Very well done for the price - spotless, staff worked hard to accommodate and help, complementary breakfast was actually good. Great solution if you need a hotel room for a night near the airport at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank onlythebest10017
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We booked a room here to be close to Sky Harbor airport for our flight out the next morning. Hotel was CLEAN! Staff was CHEERFUL! Room was QUIET! Price was MODEST! Our stay included drinks and a meal in the evening, and a full hot breakfast. Don't expect too much from the meals, although as good as any buffet style in a discount hotel. But the room, staff, and grounds were exceptional for the price. Well done Drury Inn.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple