“A perfect experience”

Ranked #5 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Sandy Springs, Georgia
“A perfect experience”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel to be close to Sky Harbor airport in Phoenix. Our expectations were not high for this type of hotel.
We were greatly surprised. WE were offered three free drinks apiece at the happy hour, and what amounted to free diner too since the food was plentiful. And of course free breakfast in the morning. The rooms were very quiet, and had all the amenities, even though it was not a destination hotel. They even had a pool and hot tub, and an exercise room.

We would definitely stay at this chain of notes again in the future.

Room Tip: all rooms are good
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PAWMAW1983

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Hudson, New Hampshire
Reviewed 9 May 2014

An excellent hotel that is close to the airport. During my recent Arizona vacation, I stayed at the Drury on East University Drive (Airport) for one night, and the Drury at Happy Valley for one night. Both are excellent hotels. The beds at both locations are slightly soft, but adequate. The rooms at both locations were immaculate. Drury Happy Valley was slightly more quiet that Drury Airport, but that was expected. The breakfast and evening 'Kickback' are great, which saves money on two meals. My grandson and I loved the mac and cheese.
The customer service at both locations at Drury Airport was very good, Drury Happy Valley, excellent. Drury Airport was a notch below for the following reason. I had arrived at the Drury Airport at 9:30 p.m., and needed a little snack after a long flight. I was aware of the free popcorn until 10 p.m.. When I went to the popcorn machine at 9:30, there was very little, old popcorn left in the machine. I asked the desk clerk if he could make a quick batch before 10 p.m., He told me it was too late, and mumbled some lame excuses as to why he couldn't make more. It wasn't they were out of popcorn, oil, or whatever. I just got the impression he didn't want to make the popcorn. Customer service could have been better, in that case. Recommended!

Room Tip: Room on top floor, away from elevator
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I have never stayed at a Drury Inn and I was impressed with this stay. The beds were very comfortable, the Breakfast was really good, Free WiFi and best of all, the staff was so nice. I thought I would hear noise from the airport, but didn't hear a thing. Excellent stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Highland, Ut
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We had never stayed at a Drury Inn and Suites before and were delighted with the accommodations not to mention the value for the money. The room we had on the 5th floor was immaculate and beds and pillows very comfortable. It felt like a more expensive hotel as the staff treated us like VIP's from check-in to check-out. It appeared they couldn't do enough for us. There was a nice evening buffet included in the price of the room plus a delicious buffet breakfast in the morning. What more could one ask for. Oh wait, they even provide soft drinks and popcorn midday if you need a little snack. They shuttled me back from turning in my rental car and to the airport the next morning and were concerned about making our stay the best ever and they did! If all Drury Hotels are like this one, I'll be looking for Drury Hotels everywhere we travel. Booking this hotel was a homerun. Highly recommend.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank travelguy25_67
North Carolina
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Can't be beat for overnight airport stay. All the amenities one could want for a short stay. The staff was above average in friendliness and courtesy. Happy Hour with hot food and cold beverages, expansive breakfast buffet...hot popcorn in the lobby....all included in room price. The room was very nice with an outdoor balcony...the view was wonderful!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mlounc
toronto
Reviewed 15 April 2014

this was a great deal for the price!! I read the reviews on here and decided to give it a go. first off the airport pick up and delivery was flawless..when I got to the hotel check in was swift and pleasant and I was presented a voucher for 3 free coctails to go with the free evening hot buffet..the buffet was adequate and tastey for what I needed .. the room was a huge one bedroom suite and was very clean and comfortable..all that for 104.00 wow apparently the breakfast is good as well they were just setting it up when I had to go and it looked quite nice

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank horseshoeking
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

After being amazed with the Drury Inn in Orlando, I decided to stay here to test the consistency of the brand. This Drury Inn delivered. Same smiling, attentive, and friendly employees. Breakfast & Kickback were both excellent. Architecture is different than standard Drurys. Room wasn't the biggest, and not all of the TV channels are in HD, but the room was very clean, even in the tricky areas.

What made this hotel special for me was that when I departed and had arrived at the Phoenix Airport, realizing that I had I forgot my bag that included valuable electronics, I had to frantically call the hotel to see if my bag hadn't been stolen yet. Not only was the woman at the front desk able to handle my hyperventilation and panic with the skill of a 911 dispatcher, the hotel staff was able to retrieve my bag from my room and get it onto the hotel's next airport shuttle and get it to me in quick enough time in order for me to make my flight. I feel as though this review isn't enough to thank the kindhearted and hardworking hotel staff.

Staying at this hotel is a correct decision. It would be a mistake not to stay at this hotel.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family