I found the place a very good deal for the price. I wanted to be close to the airport and also to the light rail route. I was actually surprised by the quality of the room and service. I read bad reviews on the Tripadvisor and expected it to be a dump, but it sure was not, at least, the room I had.
Positives: The room was very clean, had basic amenities such as a fridge, microwave, coffee machine, iron & board, table & chairs, hair dryer, safety box. Every thing functioned. The bed had a good mattress and was comfortable. There was enough lighting. I saw a pool, but it was too cold to swim. The place was unbelievably quiet during the night. The people at the front desk were nice and helpful. There was a room delivery service from several restaurants. Light rail was close by and one could go out to Downtown area or to Tempe easily. There was free Wi-Fi in the room. Breakfast was included in the price and the choice was sufficient for a light breakfast. There was a free shuttle to the airport frequent enough.
Negatives: There is no elevator so if you have a big bag you will need to carry it to the second floor. When I arrived there was only one person at the desk, a lady, I do not know if she would have helped or not, but I did not have a big bag. In the morning around 9 a.m. there was a loud siren that went on for about 15 minutes driving me crazy. I was not sure what was going on, but it was not at all pleasant.
I think if I come back for a short trip to Phoenix, I would consider staying here and save my money to go out to a nice meal in one of the nice restaurants in the Mill avenue neighborhood in Tempe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Howard Johnson Airport Downtown offers free 24 hour shuttle service to and from Sky Harbor International Airport, free 24h. shuttle to from Airport. which is less than a mile away, and is located three miles from downtown Phoenix, Tempe and Scottsdale. For your pleasure, there is an outdoor pool with relaxing lounge area. Guests can enjoy a complimentary Deluxe Continental Breakfast from 4:00am until 9.00am. Our wonderful breakfast consists of "Make Your Own Waffles", 3 types of Kellogg Cereal, 2 types of Minute Maid Juices, fresh fruit, Maxwell House fresh coffee, & much more......The hotel Business Center has fax and copy capabilities as well as a computer and printer, and complimentary wireless high speed internet. The hotel offers ice and vending machines, free parking, free 1-800 calls. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK) and HostelWorld so you can book your Howard Johnson Phoenix Airport/Downtown Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Airport Downtown Hotel Phoenix
- Ramada Hotel Phoenix
- Ramada Motel Phoenix
- Howard Johnson Phoenix Airport/Downtown Area Arizona