“Nice loft-type suites with good amenities”

Residence Inn Phoenix
Ranked #103 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 21 January 2012

The hotel is very close to the highway. We requested a room away from the highway and the road noise was pretty minimal. The night we were there was a night with a special food bar. For us it was Taco Night. The food was good and was kept refilled. The hotel also provided complimentary beer and wine with the Taco Night. My husband and I booked a fireplace loft suite because we wanted a room with the fireplace. It was not clear on the Marriott website that some of these fireplace suites had wood burning fireplaces and not gas fireplaces. The rooms were very spacious and our suite could easily have allowed for a large family. It had two bathrooms and two large sleeping areas as well as the couch.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from the highway if the road noise will bother you. If you book a fireplace room...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Nick V, General Manager at Residence Inn Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2015

Thank you for choosing us for your stay, we hope to see you back in phoenix soon. Please contact the hotel for any questions.

Best Regards,

Nick Valenzuela
Residence Inn Phoenix

Reviewed 27 December 2011

The units are setup much like a Studio apartment with complete kitchens and comfy seating areas !The units are split up into 4-plex buildings. The staff were very friendly and helpful! They will do your dishes and even purchase groceries for you if you gave them a list! A good hot breakfast is served in a common area every morning and they also offered a light evening meal two nights a week!
The grounds were well kept. They have a pool and an outdoor BBQ area. I would recommend this to any and all!

Room Tip: Let them know if you can't climb stairs and they will give you a ground floor unit
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 December 2011

This is a typical older Residence Inn: Clean Room, Good Buffet. It is on the highway so convenient to get around BUT make sure you get a room NOT facing the highway because you can hear the road noise in the room. Front Desk was nice and changed our room for us

Room Tip: 1. If you have trouble walking or lifting get a room on the first floor because there are no elevat...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
11  Thank KevinTorontoCanada29
Reviewed 23 November 2011

We stayed here to attend a family wedding. Activites were north and south of us, so this location was wonderful. We did not realize it was on a frontage rd, which made it one way in and one out. Once we got the feel of where we were it was easy to get in and out. Breakfast was very good and hot. Was good to see protein with eggs and sausage and yogurt as well. All the other normal breakfast items as well. We were in about the middle of the complex and had a hard time finding parking one night when we returned very late in the a.m. hrs. We also liked that it was close to the airport (about 20 mins with traffic) Did not use the pool or hottub, but we saw others in it. We were just too busy with family and friends. We also had a fireplace, made it seems homey, although it was too warm to try it. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2011

I chose this facility due to reviews made on Tripadvisor. Overall my room was clean and everything worked. I will say with I-17 freeway being so close I was able to count the cars at night, especially trucks. The room I was assigned is toward the rear of the property so things can't be better closer toward the freeway. I attempted to make a toll free call from my room two hours after arriving and could not dial out. Searching for assistance I called the front desk and was told to give it a "little time" and they would have the problem solved. A half hour went by with better results so I called the front desk again. I was told someone was going to come to my room to remedy the issue. No representative came to my room. I made four calls in three hours. After three hours passed they quit answering my calls so I called their main number from my cell phone. I asked to speak with a supervisor and was told he had just left for the day. The person answering, Johnny, asked if he could assist me so I told him who I was and was in room ---. He said please hold. I did for a few minutes. Johnny came back on the line and said "try it now". I did and it worked. Whatever Johnny did he could have done in the previous hours. It was a very frustrating experience. Last night with rain falling in Phoenix I was awakened many times with the loud sound of a lot of rain pouring on something metal. This morning I went outside to find out what kept me awake most of the night. On the back of the building there are no gutters nor overhang from the roof. Rain from the roof was falling straight down and falling on a metal security light. That light was opposite the headboard. There might as well not even been a wall between the light and the headboard as it was loud enough to keep anyone awake all night. One other issue was upon driving up to my room after being gone all day I found a male employee attempting to enter my room. I asked what he wanted and he said there was a water leak in my room. After examining the kitchen and bath there was not a water leak anywhere. Not sure what his intentions were beyond that I was puzzled as to his true agenda. I am thankful I came back to my room when I did. There are many places to stay in Phoenix. My suggestion is to try somewhere else.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I was pleased with the photos of this property, but was disappointed for many reasons on arrival.
Even with our GPS we had difficulty finding this property. The road leading to the front office looks as if it is leading to a parking lot for
an adjacent apartment complex. It is a one-way road. Upon arrival we were informed that the room we had reserved was not available as the people who were in it previously had not left. We had booked a two night stay. There were no similar rooms available. We were then given what they call an 'upgraded' room. I respectfully disagree. Although it was also a two-bedroom two bath unit, it was facing the freeway and was upstairs in a two story building with no elevator. It was also at the furthest point from the main house and pool area which we had requested to be near. I called the front desk to complain and was told there was nothing they could do unless somebody in one of the other rooms we wanted checked out. We had booked the two bedroom two bath penthouse with loft with a much more open floorplan. This room was more like what you would find if somebody converted an old hotel and just joined three regular rooms together in a row placing the living room in the middle. The next morning I went to the front office and voiced my concerns about the room again. I was once again told that I should be happy since it was an 'upgrade'. I was then told to pack up all of our belongings and place them in the middle of the living room floor. That way if somebody did check out then they would send maintenance to move our belongings to the new room. I was so displeased with the room we were in that I was glad to do at least that. When we returned we found that indeed we had been moved. I was pleased with the accommodations the second night that overlooked the pool area.
The breakfast area at this hotel was lacking. Not nearly enough food and some weird spices were used to cook some of it. I would expect more consistency throughout the chain than this. I did witness the front desk clerk yelling at a homeless man who wandered in and began to eat.
Overall it was just ok. I would personally not choose to stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed 31 October 2011

We booked a standard room through the hotel's website - $55 a night, best rate guaranteed. One king bed and double pullout couch for 4 people with a full kitchen, sitting area outside of bathroom. Comfy room was spacious for our group.

Breakfast in the morning had good variety including scrambled eggs and sausage patties. Outdoor pool with hot tub kept in good order. Even had a basketball net but front desk did not have a basketball.

Convenient location close to highway. Big mall close by. Restaurants close by - both sit down and fast food. Try the Boston Market only a couple of miles away. If you want a quite room, make sure you a second floor room in the back part of the property, not facing the pool area. Front part faces the highway and pool is just off of main building, so they will be a bit noisy.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family