“Excellent Property”

Ranked #107 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Orlando, Florida
“Excellent Property”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I stayed at the property for 2 nights in November. The rooms are very spacious. The brand is catered towards extended stays and if I ever had to stay for a longer period, this hotel would be great. Full size kitchen appliances, nice living area and work space, a fireplace for ambiance and a great bed area. The décor is fresh and inviting. The whole room area feels like home.

The breakfast in the morning is perfect for travelers with plenty of options. They also offered a "dinner" while I was there, however I did not partake due to other obligations.

The only downfall of the property might be the location. While I didn't get stuck in any traffic, I did see some congestion on the highway right next to the property. It's an easy trip to the Airport, roughly 20 minutes.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Joshgarcia, General Manager at Residence Inn Phoenix, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Thank you for your review, we as a hotel always appreciate the feedback and really love the positive ones! We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Ok let's do the positives the kitchen and bathroom areas have had a facelift which is very important to me anyway however that's it carpets looked ageing and the wall bed was falling apart with sharp corners.
This property is a mezzanine style residence I am not a fan of these, it dose not allow for much privacy but this one was even less private as most of the downstairs was open plan no doors separating the living and bedroom.
We had room 1224 and boy it was noisy located opposite a lower end Motel Chain we had car alarms going off most nights, as the air conditioning was very loud we where forced to sleep with the windows open allowing all the free way noise and other noises to lull us of to sleep or not as it was in this case.
Also the outlook of this room was unpleasant as it was facing a ROW (right of way) this unused strip between the 2 hotels was covered in litter. I know this is minor still gives you a grotty feel.

Reception staff pleasant but non effective I mentioned there was dog dropping on the lawn which we had to go passed every day thinking this would be dealt with ASAP but it was still there the next day so I felt obliged to take a few pics be it small droppings, still this is not a pleasant sight. The flowing more we also had dog chuck on the footpath YUK!
Also one of their guest was a chain smoker who felt it was her right to leave her ash try on the common area lamp see pic.
Be early for breakfast as it runs out by 8:30 there is not much left and you are lucky if it gets refilled but even so knowing that we arrived by 8 even then things had run out and they where slow to refill. Not the cleanest dining area I have seen.
I would not recommend this Residence should have looked around learnt our lesson however it was a convenient location for Ballooning ect. but I am sure there are others so look around.

Room Tip: Anything facing the Motel is very noisy had room 1224 not good.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Majak168
Thank you for your review on trip advisor. It seems we really dropped the ball during your stay. I do promise this is not typical of the hotel operation, and hopefully down the road you will give us another chance to show you we are better than your last experience. I will share some of the issues (minus the alley and adjoining hotel issues) with the staff so we can correct these immedately. Thank you again, take care!
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I am really surprised that Marriott has not phased out these old style Residence Inns. This hotel is probably one of the original Residence Inns when Marriott started building them back in the late 80's. With that said, the concept still works. It is a hotel room with a kitchen etc... The good of this hotel is that the staff was friendly and the room was clean. That is about where it stops. The hallways were filthy. The TV doesn't even have High Definition and the channels weren't programed right on my TV so I had to scroll through a lot of snow channel's to find what I wanted to watch. My rate was very good so overall I was satisfied. But, if I had been paying rack rate I would have been pretty ticked off.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Joshgarcia, General Manager at Residence Inn Phoenix, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Thank you for your response and review on tripadvisor, we really do appreciate it! I enjoy hearing that the staff was friendly since we do pride ourselves on exceptional customer service at the hotel. The issues with the television is in the process of changing as we are getting a whole new HD upgrade in place before the end of the year. I have also brought up the hallway issues with my managment team for further training and awareness around the hotel. Thank you for staying with us, we do hope to see you again in the future!
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

Very pleasant staff at check in and helpful when our TV control did not work.

We had plenty of room in our two floor suite. Unfortunately upstairs tub did not drain very well. But plenty of room for our 5 person family.

Finally, we were disappointed that the pool was too cold to use. With 3 kids, they were definitely looking forward to some pool time in the desert.

Overall a very clean and spacious room. Loved the kitchen and eating area. Kitchen had all the amenities we needed. Staff was good and friendly. Price was a bit high, but we enjoyed out stay.

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you very much for your great review of our property. Unfortunately, coming out of a very hot summer time in Phoenix, this was one of the first times we had to "spark" up the pool heater due to the temperature finally dropping, and the pool heater did not cooperate. We did fully replace the pool heater with a brand new one, so the pool problems you did experience we promise you will not experience next time you join us. We hope to see you again in the near future!
Eugene, OR USA
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We chose to stay at this property because of the proximity to our daughter's college. It is an older property, but very clean and comfortable. The second night of our stay we were startled by very loud patrons that sound like they were dropping bowling balls on the floor. The next day we didn't have any cleaning service and we were given two towels, we used them the night we arrived, and in the morning (conserving) but didn't get any clean ones until we asked for them. It would be nice to have a couple towels per person to begin with, then it wouldn't have mattered too much. Management was responsive, and our neighbors above were quieter the next night, then checked out. Breakfast was normal fair, and fresh, but very crowded at times. This was a good stay, but would I recommend it? Not too sure, I have stayed at several Residence Inns, and this was average overall.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jbollig
Thank you very much for the review on Trip Advisor. We as a hotel pride ourselves on overall customer service so you mentioning that the staff was friendly and good really makes us feel good. I have addressed the couple concerns with our staff and management team, we will use this as a training issue to further better ourselves. Thank you again for the review and hopefully see you again in the future.
Washington, D.C.
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I love Residence Inn, so mostly everywhere I go, I stay in them. I appreciate the breakfast each morning, it saves on going out spending more money in town. I'm usually easy to please for breakfast, so as long as they have sausage and oatmeal, I'm good!! Their selection was ok, Sausage, potatoes, eggs, toast, variety of cereals, muffins, bagels, etc.

The rooms were nice, CLEAN, and spacious. I have no complaints, EXCEPT one...I'm not sure if this is in every room, however, the blower for the A/C is in the walkway between the bathroom and bed. I'm VERY glad the weather was decent enough that I didn't have to have the A/C running throughout the night, or I would have gotten ZERO sleep! It was so loud that if I was sitting on the bed, watching tv I would have to turn the tv up pretty loud when the fan came on so I could hear what was being said, then turn it down once the fan stopped. I'm NOT a light sleeper, and I know I couldn't have slept through that noise. I would suggest getting this issue fixed...once fixed, the room would be a great room.

Room Tip: I had room 1711...if the fan noise isn't fixed, then choose another room, you will NOT get any r...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Joshgarcia, General Manager at Residence Inn Phoenix, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Thank you so much for your review of the hotel, we take lots of pride in the cleaniness and staff at our hotel so we appreciate you mentioning the clean room! Our job is to ensure you always get a full night sleep, and in this instance it seems you did not and we apologize for that. We have a fantastic maintenance staff on property almost 24 hours of the day so we are here to help, please if ever something like this happens we can try and fix it immediately or move you to a room that better lets you rest. We appreciate you mentioning this to us, and to let you know our team has already fixed this issue over the weekend. Take care and hopefully we see you again in the future.
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Stay here for my birthday weekend and to get information for moving. The staff gave us information on great areas for homes and shopping. They even sent up a handwritten note wishing me happy birthday with a plate of fresh baked desserts.
Our room was spacious, & spotless, with all the comforts of home.
The pool area was average but the surrounding patio Was gorgeous. Complete with a fire pit and gas grill that we had a chance to use and enjoy. Convenient to the freeway and entertainment. We will definitely stay here on our next visit.

• Stayed August 2013
Joshgarcia, General Manager at Residence Inn Phoenix, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Thank you so much for your Trip Advisor Review of our beautiful property. We are very proud of the hotel so anytime our guests feel the same and take the time to express their experience it always brings a smile to our face! We look forward to your next visit to Phoenix, and look forward to seeing you again!