Residence Inn Phoenix
US$124
US$179
US$159
  • Pool
Arizona Grand Resort & Spa(Phoenix)(Great Value!)
US$211
US$159
US$217
US$180
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe penthousefront deskfire pitfrontage roadfull kitchenbreakfast was deliciousbasketball courtsocial hourhotel groundsthe entire staffcentral locationliving areabedroom suitefamily vacationrooms are cleanwonderful staywould definitely stay here again
Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

Came to Phx Az to visit in laws for thxgvng. Residence inn was best choice being how close to in laws it is. Service was great, rooms better than staying in a reg hotel bc of space and kitchen. Hot breakfast was always hot. Stay here if u have kids, need to be in area, or just want extra room to stretch with great service!

• Stayed: November 2013
Joshgarcia, General Manager at Residence Inn Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Thank you so much for the kind words on Trip Advisor. We always appreciate the feedback and will be sure to share your kind words with my staff! We look forward to having you join us the next time you are in Phoenix. Take care!

Reviewed 27 November 2013

I stayed at the property for 2 nights in November. The rooms are very spacious. The brand is catered towards extended stays and if I ever had to stay for a longer period, this hotel would be great. Full size kitchen appliances, nice living area and work space, a fireplace for ambiance and a great bed area. The décor is fresh and inviting. The whole room area feels like home.

The breakfast in the morning is perfect for travelers with plenty of options. They also offered a "dinner" while I was there, however I did not partake due to other obligations.

The only downfall of the property might be the location. While I didn't get stuck in any traffic, I did see some congestion on the highway right next to the property. It's an easy trip to the Airport, roughly 20 minutes.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your review, we as a hotel always appreciate the feedback and really love the positive ones! We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Ok let's do the positives the kitchen and bathroom areas have had a facelift which is very important to me anyway however that's it carpets looked ageing and the wall bed was falling apart with sharp corners.
This property is a mezzanine style residence I am not a fan of these, it dose not allow for much privacy but this one was even less private as most of the downstairs was open plan no doors separating the living and bedroom.
We had room 1224 and boy it was noisy located opposite a lower end Motel Chain we had car alarms going off most nights, as the air conditioning was very loud we where forced to sleep with the windows open allowing all the free way noise and other noises to lull us of to sleep or not as it was in this case.
Also the outlook of this room was unpleasant as it was facing a ROW (right of way) this unused strip between the 2 hotels was covered in litter. I know this is minor still gives you a grotty feel.

Reception staff pleasant but non effective I mentioned there was dog dropping on the lawn which we had to go passed every day thinking this would be dealt with ASAP but it was still there the next day so I felt obliged to take a few pics be it small droppings, still this is not a pleasant sight. The flowing more we also had dog chuck on the footpath YUK!
Also one of their guest was a chain smoker who felt it was her right to leave her ash try on the common area lamp see pic.
Be early for breakfast as it runs out by 8:30 there is not much left and you are lucky if it gets refilled but even so knowing that we arrived by 8 even then things had run out and they where slow to refill. Not the cleanest dining area I have seen.
I would not recommend this Residence should have looked around learnt our lesson however it was a convenient location for Ballooning ect. but I am sure there are others so look around.

Room Tip: Anything facing the Motel is very noisy had room 1224 not good.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Majak168

Thank you for your review on trip advisor. It seems we really dropped the ball during your stay. I do promise this is not typical of the hotel operation, and hopefully down the road you will give us another chance to show you we are better than your last experience. I will share some of the issues (minus the alley and adjoining hotel issues) with the staff so we can correct these immedately. Thank you again, take care!

Reviewed 4 November 2013

I am really surprised that Marriott has not phased out these old style Residence Inns. This hotel is probably one of the original Residence Inns when Marriott started building them back in the late 80's. With that said, the concept still works. It is a hotel room with a kitchen etc... The good of this hotel is that the staff was friendly and the room was clean. That is about where it stops. The hallways were filthy. The TV doesn't even have High Definition and the channels weren't programed right on my TV so I had to scroll through a lot of snow channel's to find what I wanted to watch. My rate was very good so overall I was satisfied. But, if I had been paying rack rate I would have been pretty ticked off.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Joshgarcia, General Manager at Residence Inn Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Thank you for your response and review on tripadvisor, we really do appreciate it! I enjoy hearing that the staff was friendly since we do pride ourselves on exceptional customer service at the hotel. The issues with the television is in the process of changing as we are getting a whole new HD upgrade in place before the end of the year. I have also brought up the hallway issues with my managment team for further training and awareness around the hotel. Thank you for staying with us, we do hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

Very pleasant staff at check in and helpful when our TV control did not work.

We had plenty of room in our two floor suite. Unfortunately upstairs tub did not drain very well. But plenty of room for our 5 person family.

Finally, we were disappointed that the pool was too cold to use. With 3 kids, they were definitely looking forward to some pool time in the desert.

Overall a very clean and spacious room. Loved the kitchen and eating area. Kitchen had all the amenities we needed. Staff was good and friendly. Price was a bit high, but we enjoyed out stay.

• Stayed: October 2013

Thank you very much for your great review of our property. Unfortunately, coming out of a very hot summer time in Phoenix, this was one of the first times we had to "spark" up the pool heater due to the temperature finally dropping, and the pool heater did not cooperate. We did fully replace the pool heater with a brand new one, so the pool problems you did experience we promise you will not experience next time you join us. We hope to see you again in the near future!