Royal Palms Resort and Spa
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Drury Inn & Suites Phoenix Airport(Phoenix)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$427
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
1,751 results
All reviewscamelback mountaincooks restaurantvalencia casitadesigner casitapool staffromantic getawaygas fireplaceprivate patiovalet staffsteam roomgrounds are gorgeousturn down servicesoaking tubice waterphoenix scottsdale areapool areafitness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 March 2014

There was some confusion during the check in process. We arrived in Phoenix later than expected the night before and checked into another hotel close to the airport.We realized the next morning that our reservation was for the previous night. I called the hotel front desk to ask what time check in was. They were very nice and told me that I could check my bags and that check in was at 4 but they would try to get me into my room sooner. I then received an email telling me my reservation was cancelled for the rest of the weekend. I then called the reservations number and was informed that my reservation was cancelled because we did not show up the previous night.I told them I was there for a destination wedding at their hotel and I had just talked with the front desk and they confirmed my reservation for arrival that day. The reservations person told me there was miscommunication with the front desk and that they were sold out. I told them I understood I would have to pay for the previous night's stay regardless but where was I supposed to stay for the wedding I was attending. She asked me to hold and then told me my reservation was reconfirmed. She said I could go to the hotel anytime to check in since it was the morning and I had paid for the previous night. I then went to the hotel. The very pleasant front desk personnel told me that there were no rooms ready and that I would have to wait until the 4 pm check in time.I told her that reservations had just told me to go over to the resort and I could check in right away since I had already paid for the previous night. At that point I told then that I would like the manager to call me .They assured me the manager would call me when my room was ready.I then waited a couple hours and the went back to the front desk. They then told me my room was ready. I asked once again for the manager to call me . Finally after checking in, I was brought to the room. The room and resort were gorgeous. The bar was a fun place to unwind with live music.The wedding was a perfect place for a destination wedding. The service was outstanding, food excellent and outdoor grounds beautiful.The spa is top notch. I checked out with the same friendly front desk person that greeted me initially. I told her that the manager never called me. She apologized. I think this situation was handled poorly.

Room Tip: upper level
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Minneapolisgal0602
sescobedo, Manager at Royal Palms Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Thank you for your review. We hope you enjoyed your time at the wedding on property and please accept my sincere apology for the challenges you experienced prior to checking in. I have reviewed your comments with our front desk and reservations teams and feel appropriate actions have been taken to avoid recurrence. I have also reached out to you personally and look forward to speaking with you in more detail. Thank you.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

We had a fantastic three day stay at the Royal Palms - one of the finest boutique properties we have stayed at around the world. We definitely loved the staff, the F&B and the facility and will definitely be staying at the Royal Palms again in the future.

Room Tip: All the rooms appeared to be excellent - ours was great.
1  Thank JimJim1111
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Picture beautiful fragrant flowers, towering palm trees, lush foliage and lovely water features set to a backdrop of rocky hardscape and blue sky and you are imagining Royal Palms Hotel in Scottsdale.

This Spanish mission style hacienda built in the 1920's is perfect in every detail. The casita's are private and quiet, with a gas fireplace for those romantic nights, while the pool invites you with its cool water and bar/ lounge area.
The on site restaurant T Cook is great. The bar has a wonderful wine list, And you can always find a place to relax that is private and comfortable on the lovely grounds. Service is top notch! Very attentive staff commiserate with the top star rating given.
The vibe is very laid back. You will be too as soon as you enter through the wood doors of the Royal Palms Resort and Spa!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank mpn7330
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Amazing staff, beautiful rooms. This would be a five star review if the pool area was not so inadequate. Scrounging for pool chairs in 80 degree weather is not my idea of a luxury resort experience. I understand there was literally a fist fight over a lounger a few weeks ago. Am I really supposed to go all Mortal Kombat on my luxury vacation in order to get a seat at the pool? The worst part is that the management is fully cognizant of the problem and steadfastly refuses to do anything about it. There are easy landscaping fixes that could be made and also plenty of room in the resort for an adults only pool which would be a great improvement as I sit here listening to two screaming children. God bless them but we are here for a romantic getaway. This problem is made even worse now that the day spa patrons are able to use the pool as well. Remind me again.....why did I spend all of this money to stay at a "luxury" resort?

2  Thank PaulMichigan

Thank you for your wonderful comments about our dedicated staff and luxurious guestrooms. We are very sorry that you had challenges at the resort’s pool. Please know that we do not have any reports of aggressive behavior taking place on property, nor do we tolerate it. As we are a boutique property, we do offer an intimate pool area with outstanding service provided through the Cabana Café. We will certainly review your invaluable comments to see what possible changes can be made. We do hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

This is one of our favorite vacation properties anywhere. Stayed in a Valencia Casita this time. Kept the French doors to our patio open most of the time looking out at the intimate lawn & orange grove area with Camelback mountain just over the adobe wall. Loved the ambiance of the property and the sweet smell of orange blossoms in the air. Excellent Spa. Very relaxing and enticing pool area. My wife and I wandered throughout the enchanting property everyday and every night. T. Cook's new chef and menu upgrade are another big plus. Mona Mellegard, the Concierge, is awesome; she always makes us feel at home and she is extremely knowledgable and well-connected in the Valley of the Sun. The entire staff is always gracious and eager to accomodate. Hated to leave, but already looking forward to our next stay at Royal Palms.

1  Thank g e