This is the fifth year my now husband and I have stayed at the Royal Palms. We come from the east coast and love hiking and enjoying the Sonoran desert. We were not disappointed this year as the resort was beautiful, staff was diligent, kind and on top of things. We had not eaten in Tcooks the last few years for dinner (breakfast and lunch but not dinner) because we were not thrilled with it and I was nervous about the renovation after reading a few reviews. We decided to give it another try and we were really impressed. The food was good, the service excellent and we really liked the improvements/ updates (primarily cosmetic) the the mix up bar and the interior of the restaurant.
Also, in the past we always stayed in the montavista terraces and this time decided to try a casita. I went with the new renovated casitas on the side the pool is located. Again, I was nervous as we always loved our view of camelback from the terrace room and I had read negative reviews of the casitas. I called a week prior asking for as much of a view as possible and then when we arrived (in the morning) I again said that we would rather wait poolside for a room with a nice open terrace/ balcony than take something earlier. There was one available (early) but she understood my wants and decided it was better for us to wait.
We enjoyed the morning and early afternoon at the pool and received our room about 2:30pm (still ahead of official check-in). The room was lovely with a fireplace, better lay out (we thought) than Montavista terrace) and renovated bathroom etc. The patio out the French doors was lovely but faced away from camelback. I called and asked about a change (even for the next day) however, I realized the room we were in was really nice and we opted very happily to stay. We enjoyed the patio immensely and the room. We hike everyday and eat at restaurants with views so we didn't feel "short changed". We enjoyed each day at the pool and I had the best massage of my life at the spa (a woman from Romania- Natalie? can't remember) She was truly exceptional and I am hoping they have her name in my records for when I visit next year!
We go for a week and the times just slips by wonderfully but WAY to quickly-- until next year Royal Palms!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Manor of Taste, Royal Palms provides an engaging and unforgettable journey for all senses. Built in 1929, this enchanting Spanish Mediterranean mansion offers 119 artfully appointed casitas, estate rooms and villas. On every stroll through winding cobblestone pathways guests will discover romantic nooks, crackling fireplaces and splashing courtyard fountains. Intimate and tranquil, Alvadora Spa indulges the senses with natural beauty and the finest spa amenities. T. Cook's crafted, thoughtful and bold approach to food, complemented with The Mix Up bar's inventive mixology, is yet another reason to make Royal Palms a must-see destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Prestigia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Palms Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Palms Hotel Phoenix
- Royal Palms Resort And Spa Phoenix, Arizona