Royal Palms Resort and Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
Sanctuary Camelback Mountain(Paradise Valley)
View Hotel
Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia(Paradise Valley)
  • Pool
Mountain Shadows Resort Scottsdale(Paradise Valley)
Motel 6 Scottsdale(Scottsdale)
1,748 results
All reviewscamelback mountaincooks restaurantvalencia casitadesigner casitapool staffromantic getawaygas fireplaceprivate patiovalet staffsteam roomgrounds are gorgeousturn down servicesoaking tubice waterphoenix scottsdale areapool areafitness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Overall, the Royal Palms Resort and Spa is a nice place to visit; however, there are a couple of things the establishment should look into. First, pay attention to the showers. When I opened the shower door, you can see the mold on the tile. When I stepped into the shower, there was mold in the corners. Also, the place was not built very well as when I put the soap and the shampoo in the box/hole in the wall to place them down, the soap/shampoo would constantly fall out because the box/hole was not leveled appropriately when it was built. That was annoying. Second, be careful when stepping around the large fountain in the courtyard. The floor is not level as I twisted my ankle in one of the many holes in the ground, as well as my colleague! When I twisted my ankle, I almost fell into the fountain. It's actually very dangerous. I'm surprised this hasn't been addressed sooner by other guests because it's a lawsuit waiting to happen. Other than all that, it's an okay establishment that is nice for Phoenix. I would stay there again, but I would request the showers be cleaned before I use it.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank cassiopiea
sescobedo, Manager at Royal Palms Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Thank you for your review. We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and are very sorry to hear about your shower and that you hurt your ankle. We have already had our maintenance department replace some of the tile in the courtyard to avoid this for the future. Please feel free to contact the Manager on Duty when planning your next trip and we will be happy to assist with the details of your stay.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is a wonderful boutique resort that is just the right size. Not so large that you are a "number", but small enough that you get personalized attention. The grounds are spectacular and perhaps the most impressive of any resort around camelback mountain. Reflecting pool, outdoor courtyard seating with misters where you can take your cocktail, out door seating for dining, recently remodeled bar and restaurant within the past year. A short cab ride or Uber to old town Scottsdale.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Michael A B
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I just spent 3 days there with my wife and I must admit the resort is absolutely magnificent. All elements we wanted were there for a romantic getaway. The room was well appointed, quiet and comfortable. The resort was stunningly beautiful, with flowers everywhere. The service was attentive, discreet and courteous. As perfect example of the great service was at the pool, where the staff would change the towels for you and ensure you had cleanly made chairs. As for the food, excellent, as expected in a high-end resort. What was somewhat surprising is that the food and wine price was quite reasonable, again for a 5* resort.

Finally, the resort is very well located, 5 minutes by car from Old Scottsdale and right by the Camel Back mountain, which is a great place for a hike if you want a beautiful view of the city (note: this is a tough hike, especially in the summer).

Room Tip: From what I saw, all rooms are pretty quiet. Most of them (if not all) are like private villas.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BBreton
Reviewed 16 June 2014

What a great long weekend we had at Royal Palms .... service was excellent and we stayed on site the entire weekend ...lot's a hours at the pool and long dinners every evening great memories created here... we'll return

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank J Michael S
Reviewed 15 June 2014

The hotel is 15 minutes from Phoenix airport and very private. It has a beautiful garden and a great restaurant. Service was very good and staff are very friendly. The rooms are functional but slightly dark. The cozy terrace makes up for it though. The swimming pool is not 5 star but adequate for good relaxation. There are selectively mountain views but these would not be a reason to come to the hotel. Overall a very nice experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo