The Royal Palms is a beautiful property and makes you feel like you are in a tropical setting instead of the Arizona desert. Upon arrival the valet and bell service was extremely accommodating. Our bellman was probably the best we have ever had, so after hauling our luggage in the summer heat, we felt obligated to tip. If this was truly a non tipping environment, our tip should have been refused but it was not. We stayed in a Valencia casita located among one of the many winding paths with beautiful fountains and landscaping. While we liked our room, it was somewhat small with poor lighting and a squeaky bed. The spa was also small and oddly only had chairs in the relaxation room. It would have been nice to lay down after a relaxing steam bath. The resort also only has one pool, so unless you arrive early, be prepared to stand because lounges are limited. This became very irritating when other guests arrived early and left their belongings to claim a spot only to disappear for hours in order to return later in the day to a prime location. We asked the staff if we could please sit in any of the unoccupied lounges but they did not want to move other guests belongings because it might make them upset. We also noticed a double resort fee charge on our bill that was corrected when it was brought to the attention of the front desk, so be sure to check your folio. While this is a nice property, there is definitely room for improvement.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Manor of Taste, Royal Palms provides an engaging and unforgettable journey for all senses. Built in 1929, this enchanting Spanish Mediterranean mansion offers 119 artfully appointed casitas, estate rooms and villas. On every stroll through winding cobblestone pathways guests will discover romantic nooks, crackling fireplaces and splashing courtyard fountains. Intimate and tranquil, Alvadora Spa indulges the senses with natural beauty and the finest spa amenities. T. Cook's crafted, thoughtful and bold approach to food, complemented with The Mix Up bar's inventive mixology, is yet another reason to make Royal Palms a must-see destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TravelUp, Agoda and Hyatt Hotels Corporation so you can book your Royal Palms Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Palms Hotel Phoenix
- Royal Palms Resort And Spa Phoenix, Arizona