As a local I frequent hotels every year for "staycations" and this property did not disappoint! It would be 5 star with better vegan/vegetarian options. I can't wait to go back, ideally for a romantic stay! My mom and I have stayed at 5 star huge resorts and never gotten this kind of friendly, helpful service. It was extraordinary and above and beyond which started with Michael S. in Valet. He happily took us to our room, showed us property, etc. Robert and Matt at the pool area never let us go without water or towels and were always available. We were on a VERY tight budget trip so the resort fee that covered tips really helped, but next time I'll tip extra. Service alone has my repeat business. My ONLY complaint was a lot of room service dishes on the property not picked up despite frequent employees walking by.
The Casitas were gorgeous. We stayed in #152, no tub but in a gorgeous courtyard. Room was comfy, bed was great and we had everything we needed. Spacious bathrooms, robes, slippers, coffee in room, nice shower, separate dressing area... great! Gorgeous landscaping, flowers and nooks and crannies with fountains, chairs - Tuscan and romantic!
The pool is small and COLD!! But I'm a local and 100 degree weather is cool for me so I like warm pools. On a busy day you might not get seats, but towels great, easy access and mellow. Go early and get a chair! Hot tub was too hot first day and second day in repair but large and accessible.
Service at Mix Up Bar great, food good. Lobster corn dogs very uneventful but salad and flat bread good and worth using up a $25 credit. The most DELICIOUS "un-oaked" Chardonnay I've ever tasted! I'll be back for that. TJ Cooks has fabulous reputation and smelled incredible, but not enough options for a vegan/vegetarian or budget conscious.
We did 8:30 am Yoga with Christy and she was phenomenal! The ballroom wasn't my ideal location but when the bugs aren't biting in humid weather she does this out in the garden. Great class and comes all inclusive. We weren't able to do Spa services but used steam room, showers and luxuries after a day at the pool. It was small and low key, but very nice and amenities plentiful.
Self parking close and easy and they charge $15 for a vehicle, but you get to go in and out. This is a GREAT older resort in the middle of town for easy access to all. We actually went and ate at the Henry down the streets and it was perfect. I'd recommend this to locals and anyone wanting a smaller, intimate, one on one experience of luxurious romance, gardens and fountains in a Tuscan-Spanish feeling environment!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Manor of Taste, Royal Palms provides an engaging and unforgettable journey for all senses. Built in 1929, this enchanting Spanish Mediterranean mansion offers 119 artfully appointed casitas, estate rooms and villas. On every stroll through winding cobblestone pathways guests will discover romantic nooks, crackling fireplaces and splashing courtyard fountains. Intimate and tranquil, Alvadora Spa indulges the senses with natural beauty and the finest spa amenities. T. Cook's crafted, thoughtful and bold approach to food, complemented with The Mix Up bar's inventive mixology, is yet another reason to make Royal Palms a must-see destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Royal Palms Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Palms Hotel Phoenix
- Royal Palms Resort And Spa Phoenix, Arizona