“Good hotel, clean and well located in central Phoenix”

Sheraton Crescent Hotel
Ranked #61 of 173 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Stayed here for a weekend to enjoy spring training. Centrally located so easy to almost to almost anywhere in Phoenix. Hotel was clean but a little dated. Fitness room was well equipped and had a locker room, shower and sauna (though no hand soap or sanitizer in the locker room even though there were two dispensers). Staff was friendly and we had the experience we expected. Good value for the price.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Frank C, General Manager at Sheraton Crescent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2014

Dear, MDHnorthtustin
Thank you for your comments. We are happy to hear that our location and friendly staff met your expectations during your stay. Spring Training is a great time of the year! I apologize for the fitness room not having the basic soap and sanitizer. I have passed on your comment to our housekeeping department for their follow up. Thank you again for sharing with us and choosing the Sheraton Crescent for your accommodations. Come back and see us gain.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Resort atmosphere. Hot tub, pool, water slide, playground, tennis courts, racquetball courts.
Breakfast buffet a big disappointment. No bacon. Horrible waffles, weird taste. No pancakes. Menu order very slow.
Room service good but menu in room doesn't match what's really available. Go down and ask for copy of current menu.
Elevators spotty, break down at will. Seriously in need of repair.
Great bedding. Quiet.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Frank C, General Manager at Sheraton Crescent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2014

Dear, slce123
We appreciate you taking time letting us know of your experience at Sheraton Crescent. Please accept my apologies for the disappointing variety, speed of ordering off the menu, quality at our buffet, and room service menu. I have passed on the comments to the appropriate personnel to review our standards and ensure our quality in what we serve to all of our guests. Regarding the elevators, I have shared with our Chief Engineer to work with our vendor to isolate the issues you had experienced and correct the problem. I apologize for this inconvenience during your stay. Should your travels bring you back to Phoenix, feel free to contact me so that I can assist in handling your reservations.
Thanks again,

Reviewed 12 March 2014

We have stayed here 2 years in a row for spring training. Two pools, one with a big water slide for the kids, giant hot tub, great fitness center with sauna. Standard great amenities including newly redone rooms as well.

If you want to catch games in more than one stadium there couldn't be a more centrally located place. (also with a huge mall a couple blocks away.)

The one thing that has stood out above all else is the cheerful, positive staff attitude, and helpfulness. Called a day before I got into town with a question about transportation, was helped a by a fellow named Brett who also inquired about helping with any other things relating to our stay, and found he had followed up on them when we checked in. Calling a front desk, prior to arrival is one of my least favorite travel related things to do, frequently it can be like trying to get help from the DMV, not so at this property. Robert was equally helpful on check-in, makes a big difference in a stay. In the last two weeks I've stayed in Sheraton properties in Florida and Alaska, good places but a staff that stands out is definitely noticeable. Kudos to the GM on down, as it always starts at the top.

Room Tip: If you are going to stay for a few days the rooms with the bigger balconies are worth getting.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear, Don R
Thank you for your complimentary remarks on our cheerful, positive staff attitude, and helpfulness. We truly appreciate you coming back for your 2nd year from Seattle. I couldn’t agree with you anymore on our location to the spring training venues. The property is in an ideal locality and just miles away to see the games and the “boys of summer” getting ready for the season. Your comments on both Brett and Robert are much appreciated. Brett is becoming one of our star associates and has a bright future. Robert was recently promoted to the Front Office Manager position and well deserved. They both display the meaning of warm and friendly efficient service and connecting to all our guests. I thank you for sharing this. I’ll be sure to personally add your comments to their files and share with them.
With appreciation,

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Just returned from a 4 night stay at this hotel. The rooms are spacious and well-laid out, the club floor had wonderful continental breakfasts and free water, soda and evening tapas, and Tricia at the front desk is excellent! I called her my angel because she found me a room with 2 queen beds when no one else could.

The pool and jacuzzi are nice and the water slide was really fun!

The only challenges were there was some spotty elevator service the third day, and a WiFi glitch that same day.

Otherwise it is a great hotel in a good location and I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: If you wish the amenities, stay on the 7th floor facing away from the busy street at the front of th...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear, Marti R
Thank you for choosing the Crescent Hotel for your 4 night stay. We appreciate you taking time and sharing your experience with us. We are happy to hear that our Club Floor met you’re all your expectations. Tricia was recently hired and is becoming one of our star associates; I’ll be sure to share your comments with her. It’s nice to see that you took advantage of our pool and the 171’ foot water slide. I apologize for the spotty elevator service and the glitch in wifi. I have passed on the comments to our departments to review the issues. We look forward having you back as our guest when your travels allow.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights with a group of 24. Everything was great. At times seemed like an all-inclusive resort. Very clean and simple. A bit of traffic noise just due to the location but got over that easy enough. Rooms were fine and all round very spacious hotel. Easy check in and out. Would definitely go back if not staying at a condo or resort.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear, Cwoodlocal,
Thank you for staying with us and your group of 24. We are happy to hear that our properties amenities and features met your expectations. Yes, are not a full resort but do have similar resort like amenities. We’ll welcome you back should you not stay at a condo or resort when your travels bring you back to the Phoenix area. Again, thanks for sharing.

Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

My family and I had a wonderful one night stay here. I had stayed here before, and had a few inconveniences, but the manager was quick to bring me back for another try. This time around, everything went smooth and we enjoyed the hotel very much. The only issue I had was a loud noise about 10:30pm that sounded like a leaf blower right outside our patio door, but impossible on the fifth floor. I went to the front desk, and it was explained as a cleaning truck at a restaurant across the street. I was told it usually lasts about 45 min and was offered another room. I declined, since my family was already asleep, but I appreciated the offer, as the noise was beyond their control. Otherwise it was a nice quiet stay, and we were greeted by every staff member we encountered! Thank you.

• Stayed: December 2013

Dear, GilbertM
Thank you for sharing your return visit to the Crescent Hotel. We’re happy to hear that this trip back in Phoenix meet your expectations. I do appreciate you calling me back to share your first experience back in July. I thank you for allowing us a second chance to serve you again. Feel free to contact me any time.
Thanks again,

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Hotel was nice, staff was nice, but no shuttle or transportation to the airport was a bummer... Also find it cheap that they charged us for a local call.... Breakfast buffet left a bit to be desired as well

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Semalee B
Frank C, General Manager at Sheraton Crescent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Dear, Semalle B
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. We are delighted that to hear that you felt the hotel was nice and our staff pleasant. We do provide airport shuttle service through Gold Rush Transportation or a taxi service that is provided to all guests. If we did not disclose this information to you during your stay we sincerely apologize. I have passed on your comment regarding the breakfast buffet to our food & beverage team for follow up. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.
Thanks gain for sharing,