“Amazing Staff Makes a Beautiful Hotel Even Better”

Sheraton Crescent Hotel
Ranked #69 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Houston, Texas
“Amazing Staff Makes a Beautiful Hotel Even Better”
Reviewed 19 May 2010

I recently stayed at the Sheraton Crescent in Phoenix with my grandmother.
We thoroughly enjoyed the beautiful hotel, everything was amazing. Unfortunately, our trip was cut short when she had a medical emergency. If it had not been for the assistance, quick thinking, fast acting, impeccable professionalism, kind words and support of the amazing staff there, I do not know how we would have gotten through the entire ordeal. Everyone at the Sheraton Crescent was instrumental in making a personally traumatic situation as bearable as possible. We will always be grateful for everything they did to help us get through it. The help and attention we received goes so far beyond customer service, that words escape me.

• Stayed April 2010
1 Thank BBZ257
FrankKuhns, Director of Sales at Sheraton Crescent Hotel, responded to this review, 13 July 2010
Dear BBZ257,

Thank you your post!

I will share your comments at this week’s staff meeting. It was our pleasure to be there for you and your family and know that we are always here if you need anything.

You will always have family at the Sheraton Crescent

Director of Sales and Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 12 May 2010

The Sheraton met and exceeded our expectations with our wedding reception. The garden was absolutely amazing with our lanterns and other decorations that the staff helped set up. The hotel was very accommodating to what we wanted to do in terms of ideas, design, and everything else. You definitely get your moneys worth at the Sheraton, it may seem like a lot to pay for in the beginning but after everything is said and done I am was more than satisfied with everything. The wait staff was extremely friendly and the reception coordinator Meagan did a wonderful job at making our wedding reception a beautiful event. I don't believe anything went wrong all night, it was all organized and well put together. The food was also very good as well as the cake we ordered which was included with the package. The complimentary room we received was on the top floor and had a beautiful view of the city, we took some wonderful pictures with our photographer up there.

Definitely glad we decided to go with the Sheraton Crescent.

• Stayed May 2010
1 Thank Bud D
Hello bud2430!

Thank you for your feedback!

I agree our garden is an amazing location for wedding receptions!

Your picture is beautiful, thank you for sharing! On behalf of our Sheraton Crescent Family we wish you a lifetime of happiness! Please give me a call on your one year anniversary and we will arrange a special romantic get-a-way for you both!!

All the best,

Los Angeles
Reviewed 10 May 2010

I'm really surprised to see some of the poor reviews on this hotel. My husband and I have stayed at this hotel on four separate occasions to visit family members in the area. We are Starwood members and have found excellent rates for the Sheraton club rooms (as low as 150.00 per night) I'm honestly a "picky" traveler, but find this hotel to be consistently comfortable, clean and the rooms are really quiet. The last time we stayed, one of the managers greeted us each morning at breakfast and overall, the customer service was wonderful. It's true that the selections at breakfast are not widely varied, but we found everything to be more than adequate, especially considering that the breakfast was included in our room rate. What was even more impressive was that the manager called us a month later to inquire about an "average" rating that we gave on an item which was included on the customer feedback form. Overall, our rating of the hotel was quite good, so I thought it was impressive that they take that much care with their customer's satisfaction. I know everyone has a different experience, but I am honestly surprised by the negative reviews on this hotel - we will definitely be returning to stay every time we are in the area!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Malea
FrankKuhns, Director of Sales at Sheraton Crescent Hotel, responded to this review, 21 May 2010
Hello Melea,

Thank you for sharing your story and feedback! I am very please you noticed our management engagement. Our management team is enhancing our guest experience by offering a more personal service with each guest interaction. We are confident that this will allow our hotel to establish long term loyalty with our guests. I will share your comments regarding breakfast with our culinary team and food and beverage managers.
I am please to hear you receive a guest survey; moreover, a manager followed up with you regarding your feedback. Feedback is a gift and it is a wonderful method of communication where we can learn, and improve our service and product! Thank you for taking the time to share!

Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Reviewed 20 April 2010

Hotel staff very friendly and professional. I would definitely rebook in this hotel because of the professionalism of the sales, convention services and particularly the audio visual staff. The food was superb and the hotel extremely accommodating.

1 Thank convene
Hello convene,

Thank you for your feedback and comments! I will share with the team at our weekly staff meeting! We look forward in hosting another successful event for you!

Texas
Reviewed 18 April 2010

Spent a week at this Sheraton on business and if you judged the place by the exterior and lobby, you'd think you're about to step into a 5-star resort. The grounds are very well kept and free parking is plus. Lobby is very inviting with an infinity-style waterfall and huge courtyard. You can tell the bar and restaurant areas were upgraded and also great service. Customer service here is as good as I've experienced at any Sheraton. My excitement about this place turns south when I enter my room. While it was a pretty nice size with flat=screen TV and sitting area, it's way outdated. Furniture, wall paper, carpet, and especially the bathrooms simply need a makeover. The bed was very comfortable, however, and AC worked very well (a must in Phoenix). Overall, it felt like I was staying in a 4 star hotel (lobby, bar, restaurant, exterior appearance) with 2 star accommodations (rooms and conference areas). Location is not the best either. If you don't eat at the restaurant in the hotel, your lunch options are few (and require a trip across very busy 4-lane traffic - at your own risk). However, you're only about 20 minutes from Scottsdale which is where you'll find the best of shopping, restaurants, and friendly people. If back in the Phoenix area, I'd probably stay at a property closer to Scottsdale. Not a bad hotel and the staff was excellent, but could be a lot better.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
FrankKuhns, Director of Sales at Sheraton Crescent Hotel, responded to this review, 15 May 2010
Dear bogeyboi,

Although we are pleased to hear you that you enjoyed our service, helpful staff, lobby and our grounds, we are disappointed to learn your room and our location did not meet your expectations. Our focus is to provide you with all of the comfort and amenities you expect when traveling. We are in the process of making enchantments and your comments are critical in improving our experience for our guests! We sincerely appreciate the feedback and would welcome an occasion for you to return in the future to highlight some of our positive improvements.

Thank you again for your comments and allowing us the opportunity to welcome you back.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 April 2010

I can't say I had a lot of complaints about this hotel. After staying at the Crescent for a week (business mixed with pleasure) I have looked at previous reviews and I find them to be a little too harsh. I will break it down by good and bad:
Good - Lobby and grounds are pretty and well kept. If you drive you will find they have ample free parking. The pool area is relaxing and quiet, and there are several benches and shaded areas to sit. Tennis courts and workout facilities are nice. Everything is clean and the landscaping is pretty. The conference rooms where we had our meetings were spacious and kept at a comfortable temperature. They did a good job of having coffee and snacks available at all times. The rooms-comfortable and large enough to suit me. I did not think the decor was "dated" as so many stated. The balcony is too small to sit out on. The beds were great. The wireless worked fine. The room was clean enough but I have seen cleaner. Don't get me wrong- it was fine. I wished they would have vacumed but not a huge deal. They cleaned the bathroom well each day. I did not think the bathroom tile looked dated...I thought it was fine and I have seen much worse. Room service was prompt. The staff was friendly enough but I barely interacted with them.
Bad - Very little negative to say. I would stay here again. My biggest complaint is beyond the control of the hotel--I just didn't care for the location. I would have liked to have been closer to Scottsdale and it is quite a hike. Other than that, you are right by 17 which will take you anywhere. Traffic can be congested near this hotel. I also thought the hotel cafe was kind of bland considering the high prices they charge but that is very typical of many hotels. I would not spend $17 for their breakfast. A real balcony with room to sit would have been appreciated. Other than that, this is a very nice hotel.

1 Thank vivace21
FrankKuhns, Director of Sales and Marketing at Sheraton Crescent Hotel, responded to this review, 28 April 2010
Hello vivace21,

Thank you for sharing your comments!

We are very proud of the Sheraton Crescent and the associates genuinely care for our hotel like it was their second home. Internally we have an amazing sense of family, and I personally feel that is conveyed to our guests.

Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed 5 April 2010

My husband and I stayed here for one weekend to go to a Dodger spring training game.
We are SPG members and used our points, so we didn't have to pay for our stay. If we had to pay, we'd want our money back.

The water slide was closed for repair, which really bummed us out. I love waterslides, and it's one of the reasons we chose this hotel. You would think they would repair the slide in the winter, not the spring, when the weather was absolutely gorgeous!

Our room was spacious, clean and comfortable. The pool and spa were great (even without the slide). And the location of the hotel was great. But the perks end there.

The elevator got stuck on the 5th floor. We went to the front desk to report the problem. Instead of being apologetic or thankful, the lady at the desk, named Pua, gave us an attitude.

Then our electric key wouldn't let us into the gym. They say to access the gym from the second floor, but when you get to the second floor entrance, you have to take stairs down to the first floor. We went all the way down, and realized our key wouldn't work. Another guest was there, and her key didn't work either. So, we went back to Pua at the front desk. She was snotty with us. She took our key, gave it back to us, and told us to try again. We did. It still didn't work! We went back up to the front desk and back down to the gym again. Still no luck. Finally, another guest picked the lock and let us in.

After our gym workout, our key wouldn't let us into our room! So, we had to go back to Pua. You would think she would give a care! But nope. Luckily another guy was there that time, and he went to our room with us to let us in and he gave us new keys. However, he never even asked for i.d. Scary to think that it's that easy to get into a room.

The breakfast buffet at Indigo is gross. Not worth the $16.00 per person. And the little gift shop serves Starbucks coffee but has only person working there. We went down to quickly buy some sunblock and had to wait over 20 minutes while she made drinks for other people at a snail's pace.

The hotel is near the Metrocenter Mall, which is supposed to be a "premiere" shopping place. Most of the stores in it are empty or going out of business.

We liked Phoenix. We loved the Dodger game! We liked our room. But the service, especially Pua, was substandard.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
SBB9,

Thank you for your comments and sharing your story! Tripadvisor is a wonderful platform for receiving feedback from our guests and allowing our team the oppertunity to make protective changes to improve our service. Per your comments, we have connected with our elevator contractor and all four elevators have been properly inspected. I am proud to say that in the next few weeks we are going to have a new key system installed! This will reduce similar key opportunities that you have expressed, and because of your feedback you were instrumental in supporting our request for the key card upgrade!

I am deeply saddened to the service opportunities you identified. Please know that we are conducting coaching and training meetings with all associates to support our core values of offering the highest levels of customer service.

Thank you again for sharing your story.