“The Best Customer Service and Event Venue I Have Experienced”

Sheraton Crescent Hotel
Ranked #67 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 11 January 2011

I did an event at this hotel at the end of Nov and had an usually high amount of feedback from our guests on the food that was served and the hotel itself. I myself was completely satisfied with the service and working with the events and catering staff was great.

Recently I needed a very last minute event venue and called the Sheraton up a few days before our event. They totally took care of us and were completely accommodating. They are a total pleasure to work with and are always very bright and friendly.

The day of the event I was running around and was doing some last minute things. At one point I went to get some coffee and tea from some special guests, went to the cafe off the lobby and saw that it was closed. I turn around and there was already someone standing there asking what help I needed and was onto it in an instant. The Food and Beverage Manager opened up the cafe, made all of the coffee/tea, offered to help take it to the meeting room and was completely service-oriented and I must say I was pretty impressed. Later he saw me rushing through the lobby (I must have looked a bit stressed) and caught up with me just to ask if I needed something.

In dealing with many hotel staff and representatives in the past its a rare thing when you feel like a friend rather than one of the of countless "clients" they deal with day in and day out.

This hotel is definitely a venue I will work with in the future. Also, the Sheraton is one of my favorite hotel chains to stay in so I also highly recommended them.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank Manonamsn

Reviewed 11 January 2011

Yesterday was the first annual ACSF Symposium held at the Sheraton Crescent. After a long search for a venue this summer to find the right home for our symposium, especially a venue that can accommodate our impending growth, I was lucky to come upon the Sheraton Crescent.

Your hospitality, knowledge and helpfulness struck me immediately Nicole Hobbs. You might think this would be something that most establishments would value in someone that represented their organization, but it is not what I found. Most other places I visited left me weary as to whether or not I can trust them to do as I expected someone to do for this conference. You immediately put all my fears to rest and somehow I knew we would be in excellent hands to work with the Sheraton Crescent.

Media for such an event is critical. You will succeed/fail by this avenue. It is one of my greatest concerns yearly for this event. Again we were made to feel so confident in Bob Grimm’s abilities. He was so present and accommodating to my staff and our guests. He worked wonderfully with Paul Raia who was assigned to deal with our media needs on the ACSF side. Together they worked to execute the day seamlessly.

Because it was our first year at the Sheraton, I really felt this was the year to “work out the kinks” for our future symposiums. There were NO KINKS on year one. I would say that is a tremendous accomplishment and one ACSF could not have achieved if not for your OUTSTANDING work and cooperation. We are so grateful to you both and your staff.

With many thanks,
Marjorie

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank Marjorie31310
FrankKuhns, Director of Sales at Sheraton Crescent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2011

Hi Marjorie,

Thank you for the feedback! You will be please that we recognized Nicole and Bob for their hard working during your event! We all look forward in seeing you soon!

Sheraton Crescent Hotel

Reviewed 5 January 2011

We recently traveled to Phoenix to visit family. We chose this hotel on a recommendation from my son. The whole experience was great, from the service to the rooms. We would recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank selsknih
FrankKuhns, Director of Sales at Sheraton Crescent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2011

Hello selsknih,

Thank you for your comments! We really appreciate your son’s recommendation! He must be a very wise person (haha)

We are really proud of our hotel and truly blessed to have a staff as talented as ours!

All the best,

Reviewed 20 December 2010

This was my first trip to Phoenix and I don't have any major complaints about this hotel. Very good air conditioning--you immediately tell the difference when you walk in (or out! I went in July!). The staff was very hospitable and professional. Everything was clean. The dining... I wish there were more frills to it. It's a nice restaurant but a limited menu. Oh well, you can't have everything, and besides I got a great deal on the price. I lost several dollars because the vending machine gave out the wrong drink and I wish the staff could have warned me I wouldn't like one of the taxi companies they recommended.

I think this hotel would be great for a family vacation, especially if you rent a car. It's right next to a highway out (like to go to the Grand Canyon?), there's a decent budget amusement park with a nice charm and an EXCELLENT (and generally inexpensive) arcade right across the highway that I went to every day, and there's an indoor mall pretty close by, too. They had activities and movies by the pool. But best if you drive to get where you need to go. I mostly did tours that picked me up from the hotel, but otherwise I walked or took public transit everywhere. Walking was tough in the heat, and the public transit system has very bad hours. So in some respects a downtown hotel would have been better for me.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank orelas1
Reviewed 2 December 2010

This was my first time attending the Third Thursday Event. This event was designed to get the community involved into local charity. I had a great time visiting with collegues, enjoying the dining and lounge experience while listening to some great music. The environment was warm and friendly and the service was wonderful. I would definately recommend the Third Thiursday's experience to my friends.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank ginlof

Hi ginlof!

Thank you for sharing your story about 3rd Thursday LIVE!
The Waters are the fantastic music duo that perform at the hotel and the charity is called Ear Candy!

It really means a lot to hear feedback that our guests enjoy the event! We hope to see you at our next 3rd Thursday LIVE event!!

Reviewed 2 December 2010

My fiance and I were travelling to California and stopped for the night in Phoenix. We knew of the Sheraton and had been by before, but never stayed. We decided to stop and are so glad we did! They happened to be having "Third Thursday" going on in the courtyard that evening with live music, cash bars, hors d'oeurves and mingling. What a wonderful idea for a crisp fall evening! We met such nice people, including many staff members, and enjoyed the gathering. The rooms were clean, the staff were all friendly from front desk to restaurant to gift shop, and the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper was hard to get out of. THIS is where we'll stay any time we pass through Phoenix!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank deevans3

Hello deevans3!

Thank you so much for posting and sharing your story about 3rd Thursdays LIVE!
We are very fortunate to be partnering with Ear Candy Charity and helping bring music education to so many elementary school students! The Waters (the music duo) are fantastic too! Our chef has done a wonderful job creating so many special food and beverage offerings!
Thank you again for sharing your story!

Please ask for me the next time you are in town… On 3rd Thursday LIVE :-)

Reviewed 26 November 2010

I have stayed at the Crescent many times and they never disappoint: clean, bright rooms with fantastic views, great food, awesome gym and pet friendly. I always stay here when I come to Phoenix.

Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends