“Outstanding Service”

Ranked #63 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Gilbert, Arizona
“Outstanding Service”
Reviewed 3 February 2011

I spent about 10 days at the Sheraton Crescent in January and was thoroughly impressed by the prompt, friendly service of virtually everyone I dealt with at this property. For business travelers stopping in Phoenix, I most highly recommend this place!

4 Thank Jay M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed 29 January 2011

OK, I'll have to admit I'm a bit of a Scottsdale "princess". If I can't find accommodations in one of my favorite luxury hotels, or have to compromise at other locations, I'm not very happy. I had a great opportunity to travel with my daughter while she was in training for a new fabulous job and while wanting to be closed to where she was training, I was torn with locating an acceptable hotel on the I-17 corridor. If I was staying for an entire week, I didn't want to compromise any stars and especially when I'm used to a $400+/night room and I'm booking something for under $150, I'm very skeptical. After spending several hours on Trip Advisor, reading reviews and stewing over locations and longingly looking over at Scottsdale I chose the Sheraton Crescent. When we arrived I was so surprised - the grounds were absolutely beautiful and it resembled an awesome resort - large lovely pool, two tennis courts and a grand entrance. We were graciously greeted and thoroughly taken care of. Our reservations were on the club level (highly recommend) and we spent the mornings and evenings in the club level lounge - beautiful views, spacious, large flat screen TV, and great ambience! The staff is so personable and is willing to help with whatever you need. The complimentary breakfast in the mornings were incredible. Fresh fruit, breakfast burritos, oatmeal, etc, etc. The evening appetizers were almost complete meals. Gourmet salads, cheese and fruit trays, hot appetizers and great service. I would go back just for the Club Level Lounge. The rooms were very spacious and comfortable. I slept better in their beds than on my sleep number. I want to know is it the plush bedding or mattress? Definitely a week fit for a "princess". I'm already planning my next trip there! Thanks to the staff at the Sheraton Crescent Hotel for making me feel at home.

4 Thank Southwest0135
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 27 January 2011

We had a really good stay at this hotel. Although the hotel could use some renovations, the service was awesome and it was very clean. The rooms were nice and the bathrooms were really clean and of course the beds were great! There service was great from check-in to check out. During our stay, my husband got sick and the staff went above and beyond to help clean up the entire room in the late hours of the night. I couldnt handle the mess and they cleaned everything. The night Maintenance Manager (I think) was extremely nice and reassured me that they wold handle it for me and treated me like I was at a five star hotel. I appreciated it more than they know! All in all a really nice hotel!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank travelforlife22
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 11 January 2011

I did an event at this hotel at the end of Nov and had an usually high amount of feedback from our guests on the food that was served and the hotel itself. I myself was completely satisfied with the service and working with the events and catering staff was great.

Recently I needed a very last minute event venue and called the Sheraton up a few days before our event. They totally took care of us and were completely accommodating. They are a total pleasure to work with and are always very bright and friendly.

The day of the event I was running around and was doing some last minute things. At one point I went to get some coffee and tea from some special guests, went to the cafe off the lobby and saw that it was closed. I turn around and there was already someone standing there asking what help I needed and was onto it in an instant. The Food and Beverage Manager opened up the cafe, made all of the coffee/tea, offered to help take it to the meeting room and was completely service-oriented and I must say I was pretty impressed. Later he saw me rushing through the lobby (I must have looked a bit stressed) and caught up with me just to ask if I needed something.

In dealing with many hotel staff and representatives in the past its a rare thing when you feel like a friend rather than one of the of countless "clients" they deal with day in and day out.

This hotel is definitely a venue I will work with in the future. Also, the Sheraton is one of my favorite hotel chains to stay in so I also highly recommended them.

4 Thank Manonamsn
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 11 January 2011

Yesterday was the first annual ACSF Symposium held at the Sheraton Crescent. After a long search for a venue this summer to find the right home for our symposium, especially a venue that can accommodate our impending growth, I was lucky to come upon the Sheraton Crescent.

Your hospitality, knowledge and helpfulness struck me immediately Nicole Hobbs. You might think this would be something that most establishments would value in someone that represented their organization, but it is not what I found. Most other places I visited left me weary as to whether or not I can trust them to do as I expected someone to do for this conference. You immediately put all my fears to rest and somehow I knew we would be in excellent hands to work with the Sheraton Crescent.

Media for such an event is critical. You will succeed/fail by this avenue. It is one of my greatest concerns yearly for this event. Again we were made to feel so confident in Bob Grimm’s abilities. He was so present and accommodating to my staff and our guests. He worked wonderfully with Paul Raia who was assigned to deal with our media needs on the ACSF side. Together they worked to execute the day seamlessly.

Because it was our first year at the Sheraton, I really felt this was the year to “work out the kinks” for our future symposiums. There were NO KINKS on year one. I would say that is a tremendous accomplishment and one ACSF could not have achieved if not for your OUTSTANDING work and cooperation. We are so grateful to you both and your staff.

With many thanks,
Marjorie

4 Thank Marjorie31310
FrankKuhns, Director of Sales at Sheraton Crescent Hotel, responded to this review, 27 February 2011
Hi Marjorie,

Thank you for the feedback! You will be please that we recognized Nicole and Bob for their hard working during your event! We all look forward in seeing you soon!

Frank R. Kuhns
Director of Sales and Marketing
Sheraton Crescent Hotel
Ojai, California
Reviewed 5 January 2011

We recently traveled to Phoenix to visit family. We chose this hotel on a recommendation from my son. The whole experience was great, from the service to the rooms. We would recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank selsknih
FrankKuhns, Director of Sales at Sheraton Crescent Hotel, responded to this review, 7 February 2011
Hello selsknih,

Thank you for your comments! We really appreciate your son’s recommendation! He must be a very wise person (haha)

We are really proud of our hotel and truly blessed to have a staff as talented as ours!

All the best,

Frank R. Kuhns
Director of Sales and Marketing
Bronx, New York
Reviewed 20 December 2010

This was my first trip to Phoenix and I don't have any major complaints about this hotel. Very good air conditioning--you immediately tell the difference when you walk in (or out! I went in July!). The staff was very hospitable and professional. Everything was clean. The dining... I wish there were more frills to it. It's a nice restaurant but a limited menu. Oh well, you can't have everything, and besides I got a great deal on the price. I lost several dollars because the vending machine gave out the wrong drink and I wish the staff could have warned me I wouldn't like one of the taxi companies they recommended.

I think this hotel would be great for a family vacation, especially if you rent a car. It's right next to a highway out (like to go to the Grand Canyon?), there's a decent budget amusement park with a nice charm and an EXCELLENT (and generally inexpensive) arcade right across the highway that I went to every day, and there's an indoor mall pretty close by, too. They had activities and movies by the pool. But best if you drive to get where you need to go. I mostly did tours that picked me up from the hotel, but otherwise I walked or took public transit everywhere. Walking was tough in the heat, and the public transit system has very bad hours. So in some respects a downtown hotel would have been better for me.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo