“They were the WHOLE package”

Ranked #61 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
fargo
“They were the WHOLE package”
Reviewed 22 February 2011

I was attending a conference with a group of coworkers. Our employer determined where we were staying but I couldn't have asked for any better service, food, room, atmosphere. It was clean, they greeted us on an unusually cool day with hot chocolate and smiles. Approached you to offer assistance when they felt is was needed. Most of our meals were buffet style with just a few choices but a colleague of mine who did not care for the peppers was made a special entree and served with a smile. Everyone including managment was working to make sure our stay was enjoyable.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank fargobanker
FrankKuhns, Director of Sales at Sheraton Crescent Hotel, responded to this review, 13 April 2011
Hi fargobanker!

Thank you for the kind words and feedback on tripadvisor!

I remember your group well as I too handed our hot chocolate!

It was truly an honor to host your conference and our staff cannot wait to welcome you all back!

Take care,

Frank Kuhns
Director of Sales and Marketing
Sheraton Crescent Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Murrieta, California
Reviewed 21 February 2011

Frank Kuhns wrote me after I reviewed the Sheraton 4 Points North Phoenix last year. I was disappointed with our stay there and he asked me to give their location a try next time I needed to book in the area, so I did. This hotel was just across the freeway from the Sheraton 4 Points, and we were much happier. We were here over Valentine's Day 2011, but in town for baseball. It has recently been renovated & has a classier feel to the entire hotel. He actually gave us a great rate and put us up in the club level, private area with its own club lounge that has refreshments, a business center, and flat screen HDTV and nice comfy sofas. We had family at the other Sheraton with a baseball team and that was fine for families with children, this was more for adults, and we were very happy with the choice. Thank you, Mr. Kuhns.

Note: There is a $10/day per day internet charge from your room but they waived it for us. You can use the computers in the lobby for no fee or for short-term timed use in the Club Level lounge if you're staying on the Club 7th floor. There is some traffic noise if you stay in the front rooms, ask for pool view and you won't hear the traffic as it is right next to the freeway. No microwave or fridge in our room either and ice was unavailable when we were there. The only coffee they offer is Starbucks, you may need to water it down if you don't like bold strong coffee. Beds are comfy, rooms furnished nicely. We'll go back.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mzglorybeCA
FrankKuhns, Director of Sales at Sheraton Crescent Hotel, responded to this review, 27 February 2011
Hi mzglorybeCalifornia!

We are sooo glad you stayed with us during your visit! Please feel free to contact me if you ever need help on your future travels to Phoenix!!

The complimentary computer work area we have is called the Link at Sheraton. It is a wonderful amenity to allow our guests to have free internet to stay connected! Our guests really enjoy it!

Thank you so much for calling the Crescent Home during your recent trip! We hope we have the opportunity to see you again soon!

Frank R. Kuhns
Director of Sales and Marketing
phoenix
Reviewed 17 February 2011

This is actually a long time coming...to start with we have been staying at the Sheraton for many years now in the summer...2 yrs ago we had my grandaughter's birthday there, inviiting her little friends from chruch and school..her first party was when she was "5" it was the best kind of Birthday ever, it was August..we ordered Pizza and Lemonade for everyone and was so good..I can't even tell you how great we were treated and they even put "Happy 5th Birthday Marissa" on the Marquis...so, then last year we asked Marissa what she wanted to do for her birthday and she wanted it at the Sheraton again..The attention from everyone, the dest, the manager, the pool people, they all remembered her from before..they even gave her a present like the theme of her party..I can't say enough about the Sheraton crescent..it is our summer home..the rooms are so comfortable and nice, and again the staff (all of them are exceptional) Marissa says she wants to have her birthday there for the rest of her entire life..thank yu everyone for all your attention and not just to us, they treat everyone so well..You make our Summer..

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank tvlgrma
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 15 February 2011

No stranger to business travel, I begrudgingly accepted a suggestion to stay across the street from my business meeting location. I left my familiar Hilton/Mariott comfort zone and usual thorough research and mapquesting and went for convenience. The property was very attractive, service personnel seemed truly sincere in their attentiveness. Club level "refreshments and continental breakfast" were the most satisfying I've ever experienced. Sales Manager,Ttammi Truax was visible on property at numerous times and made a point to seek out this unfamiliar face and introduce herself. Through some quirk of fate, I was given a HUGE parlor/suite with an enormous balcony. I'd recommend it as an assembly space for exec. business sessions or family get togethers. I'll go back Just so Tammi gets the sales credit!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank RodeWearier
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 9 February 2011

My company recently held our 2011 Kick-Off at the Sheraton Crescent. The hotel staff made sure everything I wanted was done perfectly! Not only is the staff uber-efficient, but so friendly and easy-to-work with. They helped me look really good!

Comments I heard from employees: Location is convenient from all areas of the Valley, great food, good atmosphere, close and ample parking, and an overall nice place.

Plus, I was able to do all this and stay within my budget guidelines! I would recommend it to anyone planning a business event.

EJ, Phoenix AZ

4 Thank EJinPhx
Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed 3 February 2011

I spent about 10 days at the Sheraton Crescent in January and was thoroughly impressed by the prompt, friendly service of virtually everyone I dealt with at this property. For business travelers stopping in Phoenix, I most highly recommend this place!

4 Thank Jay M
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed 29 January 2011

OK, I'll have to admit I'm a bit of a Scottsdale "princess". If I can't find accommodations in one of my favorite luxury hotels, or have to compromise at other locations, I'm not very happy. I had a great opportunity to travel with my daughter while she was in training for a new fabulous job and while wanting to be closed to where she was training, I was torn with locating an acceptable hotel on the I-17 corridor. If I was staying for an entire week, I didn't want to compromise any stars and especially when I'm used to a $400+/night room and I'm booking something for under $150, I'm very skeptical. After spending several hours on Trip Advisor, reading reviews and stewing over locations and longingly looking over at Scottsdale I chose the Sheraton Crescent. When we arrived I was so surprised - the grounds were absolutely beautiful and it resembled an awesome resort - large lovely pool, two tennis courts and a grand entrance. We were graciously greeted and thoroughly taken care of. Our reservations were on the club level (highly recommend) and we spent the mornings and evenings in the club level lounge - beautiful views, spacious, large flat screen TV, and great ambience! The staff is so personable and is willing to help with whatever you need. The complimentary breakfast in the mornings were incredible. Fresh fruit, breakfast burritos, oatmeal, etc, etc. The evening appetizers were almost complete meals. Gourmet salads, cheese and fruit trays, hot appetizers and great service. I would go back just for the Club Level Lounge. The rooms were very spacious and comfortable. I slept better in their beds than on my sleep number. I want to know is it the plush bedding or mattress? Definitely a week fit for a "princess". I'm already planning my next trip there! Thanks to the staff at the Sheraton Crescent Hotel for making me feel at home.

4 Thank Southwest0135