“just what we were looking for”
Review of Sleep Inn Airport

Sleep Inn Airport
Ranked #113 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
San Diego
“just what we were looking for”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

When our flight to San Diego was cancelled due to fog, we found ourselves in the Phoenix airport at midnight, with no idea where to go until we could get a flight out.Then we saw a sign in the airport for the Sleep Inn, near the bagage claim area, and called them on the courtesy phone.
The Sleep Inn was perfect for our needs. It was , as advertised, only 3 minutes from the airport, with a comfortable shuttle running every 1/2 hour. We also were looking for a free breakfast, and a clean quiet room. The Sleep Inn provided all of this. The breafast included make your own waffles, hot and cold cereal, bagels and bread, fruit, juice, milk coffee, muffins and danishes, and biscuits and gravy. Nothing fancy, but just right for an early morning start. The a/c fan in the room was a bit noisey, but it was a "white noise" and did not interfere with our sleep at all. The desk clerk was appropriately efficient and helpful.
If we ever need an airport motel in Phoenix again, would not hesitate to stay at the Sleep Inn again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Nybmi
ChintuPatel, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn Airport, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Thank you for your review. We have many guests that stay with us without having planned a stay in Phoenix due to their flight cancellation. We understand the frustation many guests feel when their travel plans change. This is why we try to make their stay as enjoyable as possible. Our shuttle runs 24 hours a day and we go to the airport every half an hour. We always offer a free breakfast serving it from 5:00am to 10:00am daily so that our travelers start the day right. We hope that you consider our hotel on your next visit to Phoenix.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

Unfortunately I got stuck in Phoenix on my way to San Diego due to weather conditions. The airline gave me a discounted rate to this hotel and I can now understand why it was so low in cost. The bathroom was tiny and smelled of mold, the sheets were itchy and uncomfortable, the room left much to be desired. However, the shuttle was super convenient and the driver was very kind, breakfast was good especially because I was so hungry from not having dinner the night before and your front desk staff was very helpful. Overall it was a very average stay. Some improvements could be made, but I understand there's not much you can truly do without a huge renovation.

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
ChintuPatel, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn Airport, responded to this review, 1 January 2014
Thank you for taking your time and sharing your experience with us. We take every comment and suggestion seriously. I am glad that our service and location including shuttle were satisfactory to you. Please consider us on your return to Phoenix.
Manchester, England
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We had simple requirements for our night's stay in Phoenix - to stay close to the airport, to have breakfast included and to have access to a complimentary hotel shuttle. We got everything we needed here with a great rate through Venere and we didn't hear a single plane engine!

Our only complaint was the incredibly noisy and huge air con/heating unit in the room - I imagine it's a cheaper solution than air con that we're used to seeing in other hotels (comes through a vent and is adjusted via a panel on the wall etc etc!) but is totally impractical and would ensure that neither you or your neighbours would ever get a good night's sleep!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your recent review. We are in the process of going through all of our rooms and updating the air conditioners. I am glad that you found our location ideal for traveling in and out of Phoenix. We hope that you will return on your next visit to the Valley of the Sun.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Nice place to stay if you want to be close to the airport. Very nice people, but could stand some upgrades. Seems old and dark. Nice shuttle to airport and picked me up pretty quickly when I called to get back to my vehicle. They have a park and fly program you can't beat.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 December 2013

We picked this hotel at random after arriving at around 1am on a flight into PHX.
Rates were good and they provided a free shuttle (other hotels claimed to have 24 hour free shuttles but at least 2 couldn't service this request when we called!).

The room was clean and comfortable.

Breakfast was passable. The choice of food was good but the apple juice just seemed to be coloured water with no flavour. The hot water provided was tepid preventing a cup of tea (disaster!).

Staff were efficient and polite. Despite the let down at breakfast - we would still return in the future.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your recent review. We are looking at way to improve on our breakfast and still stay compliant to the regulations of our franchise. We appreciate your comments and suggestions. We thank you for your business and happy return.
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Reviewed 7 November 2013

The hotel is decent enough if slightly overpriced but they lied to me and I won't forget it and will never be back. It was a Thursday night and I had called several hotels to see if they had the NFL Network so I could watch the game while away from home. After calling several places which did not have it this one told me that they did indeed carry the NFL Network and I made my reservation based on the assumption it was true. Upon arrival, checkin and coming back from dinner I discovered they had lied to me. When I brought it up to the front counter they said they didn't know the channel lineup and would call me back which they never did. Thursday nights away from home have one bonus for me and that is a little football. Since I could not get a refund or cancel I was [--] and I will NEVER be back.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
ChintuPatel, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn Airport, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
We are very disappointed that we gave you the impression that we will do and say whatever to make guests stay. After speaking to the individuals involved, I realize that it was a simple misunderstanding. The front desk staff thought you were interested in watching the games that were on television since we carry two ESPN channels. They did not quite understand that you were asking about the NFL network which we do not offer. Our intentions are always to provide the best experience to all of our guests through our amenities and hospitality. Please accept our sincerest apology for the confusion. We hope that you will reconsider and give us another opportunity when visiting Phoenix.
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Breakfast, room, and staffs are awesome.

Everything was perfect and comfortable. Shuttle service was on time all the time.

Specially, staff and manager are really kind and helped all the time.

Definitely, I will stay whenever i go Phoenix.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
ChintuPatel, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn Airport, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Thank you for your kind words. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive very hard to make every guest’s stay a pleasant one and we appreciate your compliments. Hope you stay with us again soon.