I chose to stay at this Hilton property due to my first and second choices for accommodations in the Phoenix area being sold out at the time of my visit. However, this ended up being for the better, as the Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort exceeded my expectations in many areas.
First off, this resort is designed with the "old-school" layout in mind - a sprawling property requiring the use of many a golf cart by hotel staff members. There isn't necessarily anything wrong with this, but if you're expecting to walk in the lobby, hop on an elevator, and walk 50' to your room, you may be slightly disappointed. My suite was located in the "North Pointe" area, which was a considerable distance from the lobby, restaurant, and fitness center. However, this wasn't an issue for me. The suite itself included a living room area in front (with a sofa, chairs, desk, and flatscreen HD TV) and a bedroom area in the rear (with two queen-sized beds, nightstand, walk-in closet with ample space, yet another flatscreen HD TV). The living room and bedroom were separated by the bathroom in the middle. The bathroom was 'split,' with the toilet and shower located separately from the sink/mirror/counter area. The room was very nice, with plenty of space to spread out. The beds were comfortable and clean, and the bathroom was adequate.
I did not visit the water park area of the resort, but I did make it to the fitness center. By hotel standards it was quite large, with plenty of treadmills, free weights, and machines.
I would definitely recommend this property, not only to families looking for a kid-friendly resort, but to business travelers alike. With accommodations like this, you really can't go wrong.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled into the slopes of the Phoenix North Mountains with a Spanish-Mediterranean design, the Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort offers one of the most unique Southwestern experiences in the country. Located on 27 acres, the property is bordered by 3,000 acres of scenic Sonoran desert in the adjacent mountain preserve and features 563 all-suite accommodations, including nearly 80 large casitas. The Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort, known for its family-friendly experience, offers several outdoor activities and features the River Ranch with four acres of shimmering pools, cascading waterfalls, tennis and basketball courts and the Coyote Camp, the resort's lively kids' center. Additional highlights include unique dining experiences at Rico's American Grill and Hole-in-the-Wall, and luxurious services at its fitness centre and Tocasierra Spa and Salon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hilton Hotels Direct and Odigeo so you can book your Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Hotel Phoenix
- Hilton Hotel Phoenix
- Hilton Phoenix
- Squaw Peak Resort
- Phoenix Hilton
- Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort Phoenix, Arizona