“Comfortable stay at the Pointe Hilton” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort

Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort
Ranked #43 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Richmond, Virginia
“Comfortable stay at the Pointe Hilton”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

I chose to stay at this Hilton property due to my first and second choices for accommodations in the Phoenix area being sold out at the time of my visit. However, this ended up being for the better, as the Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort exceeded my expectations in many areas.

First off, this resort is designed with the "old-school" layout in mind - a sprawling property requiring the use of many a golf cart by hotel staff members. There isn't necessarily anything wrong with this, but if you're expecting to walk in the lobby, hop on an elevator, and walk 50' to your room, you may be slightly disappointed. My suite was located in the "North Pointe" area, which was a considerable distance from the lobby, restaurant, and fitness center. However, this wasn't an issue for me. The suite itself included a living room area in front (with a sofa, chairs, desk, and flatscreen HD TV) and a bedroom area in the rear (with two queen-sized beds, nightstand, walk-in closet with ample space, yet another flatscreen HD TV). The living room and bedroom were separated by the bathroom in the middle. The bathroom was 'split,' with the toilet and shower located separately from the sink/mirror/counter area. The room was very nice, with plenty of space to spread out. The beds were comfortable and clean, and the bathroom was adequate.

I did not visit the water park area of the resort, but I did make it to the fitness center. By hotel standards it was quite large, with plenty of treadmills, free weights, and machines.

I would definitely recommend this property, not only to families looking for a kid-friendly resort, but to business travelers alike. With accommodations like this, you really can't go wrong.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Scott S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (540)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Payson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

The bed was really comfortable! I got a great night's sleep. The rooms are set up as mini suites with a sitting room in front, closet and restroom in the middle and bedroom in the rear of the room with a small balcony and a great view.
They have several pools (one in each tower) but the main attraction is a fantastic main pool area with a lazy river, water slide, waterfall and great bar and you can get burgers and "pool food." There are cute shops in the pool area too. You can easily spend the whole weekend just there.
We never found the motel restaurant. I'm not sure they even have a restaurant for dinner. Thankfully there are many nearby. Try Aunt Chiladas, just up the street. Fabulous Mexican food and really fun bar with live music every Friday.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Whatever31305
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

Wow, a secret in Phoenix. I just took a chance and I'm a hard person to please. Great service, rooms, and grounds. They could probably charge double and I would still stay there. Great location and moderately priced. Ask for South Pointe property...it has good views and quite but just a short walk to the main pools. One of the best Hilton properties I've been to.

1 Thank j d
Seattle, WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

We got a Casita and it was great for our family and my Dad. Enough space for all of us and be comfortable. I got a massage and she was wonderful and knowledgeable. Mini golf was fun for us all and so was the lazy river to keep the kids happy.
The kitchen was small and not much really in it so bring your own stuff to serve breakfast cereal.
We will be back.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
tyler tx
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

We have spent spring break at the pointe the last 4 years. Sweet peaceful (despite lots of kids) resort. We have always stayed in a casita. We have noticed that the resort was getting a little worn.....this year was the worst. Casita not worth the price we paid, we ordered room service and the tray was left on porch for three days, we called am and pm for three days to pick it up. Housekeeping could never get the request for 4. Towels each day don't think that is unreasonable for. Three guest. Better bet in this area for a resort is Hilton tapatio or wigwam resort both upscale and worth the money.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank belle53
Bailey, CO.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012 via mobile

I have stayed here many times over the years. Initially, while on business but this time for pleasure. My wife & I came down for Spring Training and decided to come back. We were (surprisingly) upgraded to a casita which gave us more than enough space. It included a refrigerator, microwave but not much in the way of dishes or glasses. It also had a patio/deck where we could relax in lounge chairs. The resort itself is very well kept - beautiful flowers, manicured bushes, etc. The pool area is huge (with a Lazy River). Lots of families, lots of kids. And the staff comes by (not often enough) to take drink orders. The bar and restaurant are casual and, depending on the weather, you can drink/dine outside. Mostly BBQ but very good.

Though it is somewhat pricey, we will be returning next year to enjoy this resort.

Stayed March 2012
1 Thank GSi_Bailey
Glendale, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

My husband, 9 year old child and I went to Phoenix for Spring Training and stayed at the Hilton. What a great family hotel! Our suite was on the 4th floor with our balcony over looking one of the pools. The suite was very nice...wish it had a small microwave, but it did have a refrigerator which came in handy. They also charged for internet in the room..which I think should be included. The entire staff was very nice. The first morning I asked house keeping for extra cream and sugar for coffee, and everyday after that they put a few extra in our room without having to ask. The RIVER RANCH is awesome! The waterpark complex is very nice! My son just loved it...so did we. The lazy river was great. We ate at several of their restaurants....really liked the Hole In The Wall. We will for sure stay here again next year! I can't say enough about the place! I am a flight attendant for a major airline and have traveled many places. GREAT family resort!!!

Room Tip: Top floors are quieter.