We decided to catch the last bit of heat in Phoenix before we settle in for the winter, and decided to try the Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak this time rather than the Tapatio Cliffs we've stayed at before. Turned out very well.
We had booked a suite on points for a reasonable 30,000/night and got upgraded to a Casita, which is basically a third of a largish house. A nice spacious downstairs and a slightly cramped upstairs with two beds and a bathroom. The downstairs includes a stovetop, microwave, full size fridge, a TV/couch area, a dining table area, and a separate bathroom. Very spacious. You'll get a little tired of dragging your stuff up and down the stairs but whatever, the casitas are pretty great.
Ours was in the low 3000's, and was only a short walk from the pool/lazy river area. The poolside restaurant was shut down as it was off season. In fact the hotel was relatively empty. As Platinums we got chits for $11.50 x 2 at the hotel restaurant, Riccos? Anyway, it was very good, and offered either a buffer for like $17 or various breakfast dishes in the $12ish range. Our 3yo ate free.
The pool area was nice. Decent bar. Both a kid-friendly entry area to the pool (shallow) and a separate warmer "tadpool" where the toddlers tended to congregate. Next to the tadpool is a play area with a nice climbing apparatus.
You're not that near things like you are at Tapatio. So if you want to take a walk in the desert or whatever you'll probably be getting in your car. But the whole lazy river thing is really great and shouldn't be missed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled into the slopes of the Phoenix North Mountains with a Spanish-Mediterranean design, the Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort offers one of the most unique Southwestern experiences in the country. Located on 27 acres, the property is bordered by 3,000 acres of scenic Sonoran desert in the adjacent mountain preserve and features 563 all-suite accommodations, including nearly 80 large casitas. The Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort, known for its family-friendly experience, offers several outdoor activities and features the River Ranch with four acres of shimmering pools, cascading waterfalls, tennis and basketball courts and the Coyote Camp, the resort's lively kids' center. Additional highlights include unique dining experiences at Rico's American Grill and Hole-in-the-Wall, and luxurious services at its fitness centre and Tocasierra Spa and Salon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travel Republic (UK), Prestigia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Hotel Phoenix
- Hilton Hotel Phoenix
- Hilton Phoenix
- Squaw Peak Resort
- Phoenix Hilton
- Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort Phoenix, Arizona