We came to Point Hilton Squaw Peak to celebrate our young daughter's birthday. Unfortunately she got sick right before we were due to arrive and we were unable to get a refund from hot wire or the resort. She seemed better so we came anyway-- our mistake. She took a turn for the worse so we ended up spending most of our time in the room. We stayed in the north building. The bed was comfortable. The cleanliness of the room was OK but there were dead flies in the bathtub, so it seemed as though maybe it hadn't been cleaned in a while. There was a large chip in the bathtub-- not a huge problem, just unsightly. There was also a weird patch spot in the concrete right outside our door-- both of these things just added to the run down appearance, but weren't a problem. We had only one coffee cup the day we arrived (they had those single cup machines, so having a cup is kind of important) again no biggie, but evidence of cleaning staff lack of attention. Our sink wouldn't hold water and sometimes we had to turn on the shower first in order to get hot water--pretty minor.
Our big issue was the overall unkempt appearance of the pool areas. We went to the "river" area the first day. There were cups and trash all over the place and staff just standing around. When we were there it wasn't busy at all, but there were so many pieces of trash and wet towels lying around. All throughout the river itself there were beer bottles and cups in the bushes etc. (who would do that anyway??) We figured maybe it had been busy earlier but still the staff we saw weren't doing anything. The next night we went to the little pool within our complex. We were the only ones there, but there were empty cans and beer bottles everywhere. Wet towels on almost every chair. The bartender was just chatting with one guy when we arrived. We sat on the edge of the hot tub so our daughter could put her feet in (sitting in a sea of cans and bottles) for a while. The bartender came out after some time and said she was going to close, did we want anything? She was nice enough, but I thought for sure she would pick up the trash. Apparently that wasn't her job because she got us a drink and closed up shop. I cleaned up some cans out of necessity. We were there about an hour and some guy came around and started straightening the chairs. He sort of half-a__edly picked up some towels and some but not all the trash. It was about 7:30 pm, getting dark. I guess they just wait til morning to do the rest??
The amenities are great for families - - a bit run down - - but overall just what we were looking for (if my daughter had been well). But from what we saw, the staff is pretty lazy-- certainly not going an extra mile (or inch). To make things look nice. I would have given more stars if I hadn't witnessed staff standing around or exerting partial effort to clean up. Maybe we were just there on a bad week??
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled into the slopes of the Phoenix North Mountains with a Spanish-Mediterranean design, the Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort offers one of the most unique Southwestern experiences in the country. Located on 27 acres, the property is bordered by 3,000 acres of scenic Sonoran desert in the adjacent mountain preserve and features 563 all-suite accommodations, including nearly 80 large casitas. The Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort, known for its family-friendly experience, offers several outdoor activities and features the River Ranch with four acres of shimmering pools, cascading waterfalls, tennis and basketball courts and the Coyote Camp, the resort's lively kids' center. Additional highlights include unique dining experiences at Rico's American Grill and Hole-in-the-Wall, and luxurious services at its fitness centre and Tocasierra Spa and Salon. The Resort is also proud to announce the completion of - Rejuvenated Meeting Space and the New Agave Suites at North Pointe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Hotel Phoenix
- Hilton Hotel Phoenix
- Hilton Phoenix
- Squaw Peak Resort
- Phoenix Hilton
- Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort Phoenix, Arizona