We stayed in a 2 bedroom casita which had a fantastic sun deck with lots of good quality furniture on it. My only complaint about the casitas is there is NO cutlery, crockery, etc. whatsoever. No corkscrew, no knives, no mugs, not even one plate. So although there's a nice big "kitchen" area there's no point. There was a fridge and a tiny microwave. Bring your own utensils (we even had to buy a plate to microwave stuff on). Come on Hilton, put some essentials in there for your guests to use! Other than that, the concept of having a house to stay in was wonderful. The casitas are a bit dated with dirty carpets but it is a holiday resort not a city center Hilton so it was fine for us.
The resort was really quiet and peaceful apart from the weekend when it became "party central" with lots of noise. We had 2 issues; a car alarm going off all night and someone blocking our car in, and the hotel security guard dealt with both problems very efficiently so we were impressed.
Some of the other reviews complain about not being able to take your own food and drinks into the pool area - personally I am fine with this policy because the last thing I want is groups of lads each taking 10 beers in and getting drunk, and families dropping their picnic food everywhere. Drinks and food were quite expensive ($8 to $12 for an alcoholic drink and $10 - $15 for food ... per person), so plan to eat before you enter is my recommendation.
The lazy river is great, as is the 18 hole mini golf course. The resort is beautifully landscaped and well maintained. It's definitely a family destination, plenty for kids of all sizes to do. I wouldn't go there without kids, I would feel out of place.
Overall ... we will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled into the slopes of the Phoenix North Mountains with a Spanish-Mediterranean design, the Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort offers one of the most unique Southwestern experiences in the country. Located on 27 acres, the property is bordered by 3,000 acres of scenic Sonoran desert in the adjacent mountain preserve and features 563 all-suite accommodations, including nearly 80 large casitas. The Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort, known for its family-friendly experience, offers several outdoor activities and features the River Ranch with four acres of shimmering pools, cascading waterfalls, tennis and basketball courts and the Coyote Camp, the resort's lively kids' center. Additional highlights include unique dining experiences at Rico's American Grill and Hole-in-the-Wall, and luxurious services at its fitness centre and Tocasierra Spa and Salon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Hotel Phoenix
- Hilton Hotel Phoenix
- Hilton Phoenix
- Squaw Peak Resort
- Phoenix Hilton
- Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort Phoenix, Arizona