“Very disappointed. Expect more from the hilton name”

Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort
Ranked #44 of 175 Hotels in Phoenix
Denver, Colorado
“Very disappointed. Expect more from the hilton name”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

We stayed here for our baby moon and couldn't have been more disappointed. Our room was disgusting, even had a baby diaper in the room from the previous guest. Even after bringing this it the attention of the front desk, the diaper was never removed during our 4 day stay. Additionally, the lazy river and pool were filthy- people only got in the pool to quickly cool off but no one was able to enjoy being in the pool. When you book a stay with the Hilton name and spend that kind of money, you expect more. I was so so disappointed and would never recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jaylene K
TeriAgostaGM, General Manager at Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Hello Jaylene,
Thank you for providing this candid review of your stay with us. Please accept my apologies for the condition of your suite, and for not meeting your expectations overall. Your feedback has been shared with our housekeeping team to ensure our standards of cleanliness and comfort are consistently met. Additionally, your concerns regarding the pool area have been addressed with the management team to make certain the atmosphere is more welcoming and tidy.
Thank you again for your feedback. It is my hope you will reconsider and allow us another chance to welcome you back.
Regards,
Teri Agosta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (546)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

The room was great, the pool was great. However if you need an answer out of the front desk don't ask them anything. they had no idea about ANYTHING ( didn't know about the casitas or their locations, restaurant hours, why my cc was charged when it was a cancellation etc.). I also had 2 reservations booked. I called and cancelled one, I confirmed and even had a cancellation number. 2 days before my cancelled stay I received an email stating that my "room upgrade could not be met" I called to confirm the cancellation since I was confused as I had stayed the month prior, and cancelled this one. They said oh no that was an error your reservation is cancelled. I just received my cc statement and there is a charge of $473. I call the hotel and the front desk girl says oh you were a no show but ill refund it right now but I have another guest so call back. I said no I will wait on hold. Good thing I did, she couldn't refund it! She has to go to anther terminal. which makes no sense as I am an ex hotel employee. So frustrating so now i have to call my credit card company and dispute the charges because she cant do anything for me.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank cupcake4
Torrance, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

Traveling with two kids (5 & 6) and a dog means a lot of leg-work to find something that will work for everyone. PHSPR to the rescue! We were going to stay for only one night, but the kids had so much fun in the pool that we stayed for another night. When they had to move us to another villa, they waived the upgrade fee for the inconvenience, and then allowed us to stay after all.
The water park was a blast - lazy river, slide, waterfall, pools, hot tubs. The food at The Hole in the Wall was rather good, and service was always with a smile. AND the PHSPR is dog-friendly, so Zorro got to stay with us!

Room Tip: The villas are right next to the water park, and are very spacious, with the largest refrigerator an...

Hello Mr. Townes,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Your positive feedback is greatly appreciated! I'm happy to hear that we were able to extend your stay, and that your family, including your four-legged child, enjoyed themselves. We were recently named one of Fido's Favorites (5 out of 5 bones!); an award for pet-friendly resorts. So, I'm glad Zorro was able to participate in the family vacation. Please consider us again in the future should your travels bring you back to the Phoenix area.
Regards,
Teri Agosta
Flagstaff, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

Overall, we had a great stay and love the property. We loved that it is located in Phoenix, yet seems very secluded. Of course, the pool was wonderful.

There were a couple of issues however.
For a $200/night hotel room, I don't expect mold in the shower, food particles on the glasses in the room, or coffee made in the room to taste like soap. The pool staff was very inattentive and we had to go to the bar to order food, even though there were plenty of servers and the few guests. The 22% service charge on top of a $4 delivery charge for room service seemed a bit much when the food prices were already high - $3 for a can of Sprite, plus 22%. Really? It made room service a very expensive option.

RIVERSIDE, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

This place is awesome if you love being lazy definately go to the lazy river its amazing and the service is top notch they have the best staff however they could be a little more decent looking that would have been nice

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

I cannot say enough wonderful things about not just your property, but the personnel too! Everyone from the check-in desk to the wait staff, the spa staff, and the housekeeping people, went out of their way!

Room Tip: The 1-bedroom casita feels just like home!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

I brought four 12 year olds for a night of fun at the water park for my daughter's birthday. The girls had a fantastic time! The room was great and the pool area was super! We may come back for another "staycation" this summer.