“Wonderful”

Ranked #44 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Five stars for the staff here! From the sweet check-in girl, the extremely helpful valet (golf carting us around the place), and the spectacular housekeeping who promptly removed all feather items from the room and provided very thorough daily cleaning. Overall this campus is immaculate and their beds are heavenly.
The water park was very crowded all the time. The lazy river barely moves. We did enjoy some water volleyball and water basketball with some other guests. The slide is decent. The staff around the water park area were all friendly and helpful. The alcoholic drinks at the bar are made very strong, so worth it. On Saturday we had to "sign out" each towel and agree to pay like $30 if they are not returned, which made me a little paranoid about leaving my chair.
The daily fee for the extra amenities is option - this wasn't clear to me prior to check in.
Lots of dining options around the hotel.
Treat yourself to a massage with Mitch at their spa. I thought their prices were extremely high but quickly realized this guy was worth every penny! You can even make an appointment online, prior to arrival.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (565)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Mesa, United States
Reviewed 25 August 2014

The hotel was nice and we had a good time but the bathroom was dirty when we arrived. Hair on the floor, toilet and tub. Called room service to clean and when we came back to the room, it was still there. We called again and made sure we stayed there until house keeping showed up to show them the hair and we left. Came back to the room and once again it was still there!!!!

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2014

My family's stay was excellent. The breakfast was good and the rooms were spacey and clean. The facilities were good and the staff were polite and helpful. I would stay at this hotel again if I travel to Phoenix again.

Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed in a Casita. The place was very clean, but the location to the pools isn't the best. The staff was great and they definitely care. The pool was a little over crowded and not as big as the pictures show. I wouldn't stay there for the water park but more so for the rooms itself. They had multiple pools but they were small. And the pools close early.

• Stayed July 2014
Houston
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We were on our 2nd stop from Texas to California and I thought, why not stop in a resort? Upon arrival, we were given a map to our room and told to park "near" to our room. Since we arrived in the late afternoon/early evening, parking was very difficult and we had to struggle with our luggage to our room. The valet said if we needed help to "just ask" after we go there, but it would have been difficult at best. The room was comfortable, perhaps somewhat needing of a refresher, but I think the watermark is actually the big draw. We chose to go to the nearby pool. The swim up bar had a high wall making it a little tough to get into to order a cocktail. The waitress was reasonably friendly, but the service lacking. One person came by to ask me if I wanted something and said that the service closed in 40 minutes. I thought he would come back, but he never did and the waitress closed up about 10 minutes early - on a Saturday. We decided to go back to the room and ordered pizza from room service. It was excellent. This is a good place for a quick stay - it doesn't compare to the Hyatt resorts we have stayed at, but we were happy enough.

PHOENIX, United States
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Maybe I was banking on old memories of wonderful/delightful past stays at this hotel...but many things have changed...I really felt like it has become just another "Pack them in hotel" now! No parking available...teens out and about all night...no such thing as a quiet area/pool to relax.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Huntington, United States
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I appreciated the great value. I was in Boston the week before and it was so expensive there and the room was at best mediocre. Everything was so clean at this Hilton. A comfortable sleep, great room, and accommodating environment (internet). The personnel were all so courteous and the convention center was nice. Also, I was very surprised the food was so good!!! I definitely will return. I can't wait actually to bring my loved ones next time. The grounds were like a tropical paradise. It was truly memorable.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo