Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort has been the favorite Thanksgiving wee destination for my family the past ten years. There is so much good about this property.
1 - The main pool / River Ranch
The weather in AZ during this time of year is phenomenal, allowing us Coloradoans to enjoy the River Ranch's ample pool, lazy river, and mega slide. The River Ranch staff is overly accommodating with the games they host throughout the day. My kids always seem to win a smoothie or a cheeseburger. They even set up a movie projector on Friday nights - last time showing Pocahontas.
2- The semi private pools:
After the day of swimming, my wife and I relax in the over-sized room while the kids swim in the semi-private pool that is shared by only a few guest rooms.
3 - The staff and clean rooms:
The housekeeping and maintenance staff are invisible, but the room and property is always clean. I have to wonder if Disney doesn't secretly send their staff to the Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort for training.
4- The restaurant.
We are always impressed with the quantify and quality of food served at Hole in the Wall restaurant, and the friendliness of the staff there.
5 - The gym and spa
First rate with ample exercise equipment. Being adjacent to the nicest neighborhoods in Phoenix, I can tell the regular members are fit, in mind, body and financially. My wife enjoys the spa each time we come, and says this is her favorite place to get a massage.
6- Proximity to hiking and climbing.
We clime Squaw Peak each time we stay at the property. A relatively short hike from the room, about 2 1/2 hours round trip. Amazing we can be so close to the mountains ans so convenient to all the good shopping Phoenix has to offer.
7 - and most important, the HERO factor.
My five kids insist we stay at this resort each and every year. The management and staff give me every reason to come back; I am super-dad because of the Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort!
The best value in Arizona, maybe in the USA.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled into the slopes of the Phoenix North Mountains with a Spanish-Mediterranean design, the Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort offers one of the most unique Southwestern experiences in the country. Located on 27 acres, the property is bordered by 3,000 acres of scenic Sonoran desert in the adjacent mountain preserve and features 563 all-suite accommodations, including nearly 80 large casitas. The Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort, known for its family-friendly experience, offers several outdoor activities and features the River Ranch with four acres of shimmering pools, cascading waterfalls, tennis and basketball courts and the Coyote Camp, the resort's lively kids' center. Additional highlights include unique dining experiences at Rico's American Grill and Hole-in-the-Wall, and luxurious services at its fitness centre and Tocasierra Spa and Salon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hilton Hotels Direct, TravelUp, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Hotel Phoenix
- Hilton Hotel Phoenix
- Hilton Phoenix
- Squaw Peak Resort
- Phoenix Hilton
- Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort Phoenix, Arizona