Budget Lodge of Phoenix
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Drury Inn & Suites Phoenix Airport(Phoenix)(Great Value!)
US$113
  • Restaurant
US$596
US$427
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 March 2009

This place is a joke and The Budget Lodge should be closed down. I needed a place for my son for a week and the sign says 125.00 for a week but I paid 165.00 plus 35.00 deposit and that didn't include the remote control for the T.V. or phone!!! As we was checking in I was asking questions and the young lady told me that she couldn't answer my questions because everything is written in front of me!! What nerve I am paying and she is working and she getting paid to do job that she did not want to do!! What really pissed me off was that I had placed a $10.00 deposit on the phone and and the next day I called my son and they told me that there was no phone service to that room. As I was asking how is this possible the manager told me I should talk to the person who is wasting my money and hung up the phone on me!!! Customer service 101 never make a customer mad!!! I called back to ask for corporation number but I was informed that this place is privately owned and was hung up on again. What I wanted to know the first time when I call was there any way to add another deposit on the phone and did it incoming phone calls count if no one answers the phone. Since out going phone calls are .25 and incoming calls are .10 !!!! As for the room it looked clean until you look at the carpet which really needs to be replaced!! For the price they charge this room should be at least 3 star hotel which it isn't. Do not waste you money on this Motel!!! Why stay some where when the employees are making you feel like they are doing you a favor instead making you feel welcome and they glad you pick their motel. As for the owner you should review your tacts & policies on your rooms as well hiring personal. Yours signs are misleading and could be consider false advertisment!! Your manager is rude and really needs some customers services skills. Like the old saying go (Your team is only as great as your leader is!!!) This happened on 3/13/09 about 1:00p.m. but on the same day your night desk clerk & security where nice.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank Zinith
Reviewed 4 December 2008

Overall I'm completely stunned that a place like this is allowed to do any business. Filthy is putting it lightly. My boyfriend and I live locally, but we decided to get away from the house for a night. We stopped at this hotel because the sign said $35. It was $44. Then if we wanted a remote it was $1.25. Plus $5.00 key deposit. I felt like we were being interrogated during the check in process. The lady made me come in with ID so she could get a copy of it also. My instincts told me to take our credit card and leave, but we tried to remain positive. When we got to our room it was cold, so we tried the heater and it blew out cold air. The carpets were discustingly dirty and burn holes all over it. The sheets looked clean, but I wonder if they were. I've stayed at cheaper hotels in Phoenix area and they put this place to shame. AND then, when we brought our key to check out the lady was at first nice to us, and as I was leaving I turned around and asked the lady for my $5.00 key deposit back. She gets this sour look on her face and tells me to hold on while she makes a phone call and has the maid inspect the room. UNBELIEVABLE!! The lady tells me that the sheet has a burn hole in it and I told her I didn't believe it. So she calls the maid, supposedly, and tells her to bring the sheet up. Well I waited and waited and finally I just threw ten dollars at her and told her I wouldn't be back to this place ever. I'm just completely stunned at the audascity of these people.

Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank latidotty
Reviewed 27 August 2008

This place is more like a flop house than a motel. Their list of rules is more than a page long. Here is one of my favorites, If you swim after pool closing time you will be asked to LEAVE with no money refunded. They charge extra for the TV Remote Control. The draperies had holes in them and anyone who wanted to could see right through them. The air conditioning was literally falling apart and was unable to properly cool the room. The bed was ancient I have had better beds at $25.00 per night hotels. They have ice but they charge extra for that also. They charge extra if you check out early. They charge extra for visitors. The sign out front says from $34.00, or $44.00 but I paid $51.00 for a single. There are way better hotels and motels in the immediate area for the same price.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank azlegend
Reviewed 5 April 2008

Whoever said "you get what you pay for" is spot on about the Budget Lodge. I stayed here for a stretch in Feb-Mar. of '08. The cable TV was sometimes snowy. There were 2 Fridays in a row where it went out all day. The motel is an older facility but in pretty good shape with the exception of the carpet in my room. The carpet was filthy. By the end of the day or night the soles of my white socks would be darn near black. A week before I left the carpets were professionally cleaned. The carpet was much better after that. I don't know how often the motel schedules its periodic cleaning, but it needs it more often.
The motel does have a cheesy, "nickel and dime" feel to it. When you check in your asked if you want to pay to activate the room phone, if you want to pay for a TV remote, do you want to pay for a fridge or microwave, etc. There is a list of rule violations up on the front office wall that could cause you to get charged or evicted. The staff was reasonably friendly to me, though to be fair I'm rather quiet by nature and didn't try chatting them up. If you pay your rent on time and don't raise a ruckus, you should have a pleasant stay here.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled on business
3  Thank SWBound
Reviewed 3 July 2007

Afetr reading reveiws from TripAdvisor I wanted to see how bad this place really was. The place is OLD so I did not expect a 4 star resort. The clerk was feindly and I was impressed with the check in process; I was asked questions that I never get asked at other hotels so based on what I answered is what room I was given. The room was obviously in need of some repair but the bed was comfortable and the bath was clean so I didn't need any more than that. and as it was explained to me at check in- the rate was so low because all charges are "a la carte".
So if I had wanted to pay $60 dollars a night and have everthing included I would have stayed at a Resort. Ther are too many people in this world trying to get all that they can for nothing. That's why rates are so outlandish most of the time.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled on business