“a night mare”

Ranked #128 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
phx
“a night mare”
Reviewed 27 June 2009

i shoulda known better but it was cheap. i stayed for a month while looking for ajob. the first incident occured when i got up the next morning i found a red ticket on my car that said if i didnt register the jeep with the office it would be towed i did register it when i cheked in i went inside and gave it too the lady at the desk she asked me where my parking permit was i told her i hadnt recieved one she told me i was a liar. i had already paid so i was stuck. the next time the housekeeping came i let her know my pillow needed replacing white clumps of cotton wer coming out the side she smilled and kept going i tied a rubber band around the pillow 2 keep the cotton from going everywhere. my son came too visit the day b4 i checked out the lady at the front desk (the same one) called the room asked me if my son was there said it would be 6 dollars for him 2 visit and i had better come now with the money i explained he had just stopped by and i would be taking him back in a min. she told me too bring the money now when i got to the desk she pointed at the sign on the wall and said your kind can never read and break the rules i said excuse me she said u heard me i said your kind dont know how too read and she would b notifying the manager of the situation i had cause i asked her what situation she said your son is not allowed too visit if you do not register and pay for him i was angry i just walked away i let her know iwould be checkng out the next day she said good. the next am i went too check out the housekeeper had taken the pillow to the manager who proceeded too tell me my son had cut the pillow up with scissors i told him i had already spoken to thehead house keeper who said it was dry rotted and old at that time they called her in and she said she hadnt told me that, that my son or i had cut it up w/ scissors and turned and took off. the desk lady from the previous day was yelling at me at the same time told me they didnt like too deal with my kind the manager was there and heard her he also looked at me and said they didnt like my kind. then he began yelling at me infront of other customers saying i was a liar and had cut the pillow up that they were sick of my kind when i attempted too talk too him he yelled at me if you dont shut your d** yap iam gonna throw u out of here on your [--] and you wont get your deposit or the money u paid for your room so get the rest of your [--] in your car bring your room key they owed me 185. but only refunded me 119. they took some of my deposit for that pillow. i wouldnt recommend that place too any one and just for the record my kind is a professional hispanic female,

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
4 Thank vjsimmons1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Phoenix
Reviewed 13 April 2009

I stayed here for a few months with my friend. Sure a few extra fees for little stuff you normally get but hey for about $250 a week for two queen beds(with everything) I was happy campier. I didn't have any problem with the staff like some other people on this site, but I got to know them pretty well. The security is out every night, not just some nights. They just had the floors cleaned for all your people that read and worried about that. We went swimming almost everyday. The pool was always nice and clean. I really liked my stay here. Maybe this place isn't for the fussy kind of people I've been reading about. I was pretty offended about how people where talking about this place. True it's no 5 star hotel, but I've never felt more at home.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank emmalove91
AZ
Reviewed 16 March 2009

I too live locally and my husband and i got annoyed with traffic on the 17 and thought we would stop and a hotel and just have a good Friday night. We were both in very good moods when we walked into the hotel. However that was short lived, - i walk into the building and look to my left and see a room with the lights out and furniture pilled in there like they were soon going out of business or moving. I asked the lady at thr counter, who had already begun to glare at me, with a smile on my face "are we allow to rent here?". You see, there are no lights on the outside of the building, and the inside is a mess so it seemed like a logical question. However this woman snapped at me telling me how stupid of a question that is. I was shocked and appalled.. this pathetic excuse for costumer service will no got unpunished in my book. There are tons of people out there looking for jobs who would gladly take hers and i bet the owner would love to hear how many people are actually going someone where else because of this woman. So here's a number, PLEASE call and let them know. Weather or not you do i will make sure that for the remainder of the time that this woman works there is absolutely miserable because i hope that job goes to someone who can at the very least treat people with respect.
BUDGET LODGE- 602-995-9500
And if your reading this.. im sure you remember me.. HUNNY... Please do the world a favor and find a job where you DO NOT DEAL WITH LIVE PEOPLE. You are by far the rudest nastiest woman i have ever come across and it all came so natural to you.
Have a great day

Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sckntwizted

Travellers are raving about these Phoenix hotels

Zinith
Reviewed 14 March 2009

This place is a joke and The Budget Lodge should be closed down. I needed a place for my son for a week and the sign says 125.00 for a week but I paid 165.00 plus 35.00 deposit and that didn't include the remote control for the T.V. or phone!!! As we was checking in I was asking questions and the young lady told me that she couldn't answer my questions because everything is written in front of me!! What nerve I am paying and she is working and she getting paid to do job that she did not want to do!! What really pissed me off was that I had placed a $10.00 deposit on the phone and and the next day I called my son and they told me that there was no phone service to that room. As I was asking how is this possible the manager told me I should talk to the person who is wasting my money and hung up the phone on me!!! Customer service 101 never make a customer mad!!! I called back to ask for corporation number but I was informed that this place is privately owned and was hung up on again. What I wanted to know the first time when I call was there any way to add another deposit on the phone and did it incoming phone calls count if no one answers the phone. Since out going phone calls are .25 and incoming calls are .10 !!!! As for the room it looked clean until you look at the carpet which really needs to be replaced!! For the price they charge this room should be at least 3 star hotel which it isn't. Do not waste you money on this Motel!!! Why stay some where when the employees are making you feel like they are doing you a favor instead making you feel welcome and they glad you pick their motel. As for the owner you should review your tacts & policies on your rooms as well hiring personal. Yours signs are misleading and could be consider false advertisment!! Your manager is rude and really needs some customers services skills. Like the old saying go (Your team is only as great as your leader is!!!) This happened on 3/13/09 about 1:00p.m. but on the same day your night desk clerk & security where nice.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank Zinith
Phoenix
Reviewed 4 December 2008

Overall I'm completely stunned that a place like this is allowed to do any business. Filthy is putting it lightly. My boyfriend and I live locally, but we decided to get away from the house for a night. We stopped at this hotel because the sign said $35. It was $44. Then if we wanted a remote it was $1.25. Plus $5.00 key deposit. I felt like we were being interrogated during the check in process. The lady made me come in with ID so she could get a copy of it also. My instincts told me to take our credit card and leave, but we tried to remain positive. When we got to our room it was cold, so we tried the heater and it blew out cold air. The carpets were discustingly dirty and burn holes all over it. The sheets looked clean, but I wonder if they were. I've stayed at cheaper hotels in Phoenix area and they put this place to shame. AND then, when we brought our key to check out the lady was at first nice to us, and as I was leaving I turned around and asked the lady for my $5.00 key deposit back. She gets this sour look on her face and tells me to hold on while she makes a phone call and has the maid inspect the room. UNBELIEVABLE!! The lady tells me that the sheet has a burn hole in it and I told her I didn't believe it. So she calls the maid, supposedly, and tells her to bring the sheet up. Well I waited and waited and finally I just threw ten dollars at her and told her I wouldn't be back to this place ever. I'm just completely stunned at the audascity of these people.

Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
3 Thank latidotty
Phoenix, az
Reviewed 27 August 2008

This place is more like a flop house than a motel. Their list of rules is more than a page long. Here is one of my favorites, If you swim after pool closing time you will be asked to LEAVE with no money refunded. They charge extra for the TV Remote Control. The draperies had holes in them and anyone who wanted to could see right through them. The air conditioning was literally falling apart and was unable to properly cool the room. The bed was ancient I have had better beds at $25.00 per night hotels. They have ice but they charge extra for that also. They charge extra if you check out early. They charge extra for visitors. The sign out front says from $34.00, or $44.00 but I paid $51.00 for a single. There are way better hotels and motels in the immediate area for the same price.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — rules
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank azlegend
Illinois
Reviewed 5 April 2008

Whoever said "you get what you pay for" is spot on about the Budget Lodge. I stayed here for a stretch in Feb-Mar. of '08. The cable TV was sometimes snowy. There were 2 Fridays in a row where it went out all day. The motel is an older facility but in pretty good shape with the exception of the carpet in my room. The carpet was filthy. By the end of the day or night the soles of my white socks would be darn near black. A week before I left the carpets were professionally cleaned. The carpet was much better after that. I don't know how often the motel schedules its periodic cleaning, but it needs it more often.
The motel does have a cheesy, "nickel and dime" feel to it. When you check in your asked if you want to pay to activate the room phone, if you want to pay for a TV remote, do you want to pay for a fridge or microwave, etc. There is a list of rule violations up on the front office wall that could cause you to get charged or evicted. The staff was reasonably friendly to me, though to be fair I'm rather quiet by nature and didn't try chatting them up. If you pay your rent on time and don't raise a ruckus, you should have a pleasant stay here.

• Liked — Affordable price
  • Disliked — Filthy carpets
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank SWBound
Also consider these accommodations in or near Phoenix
Quality Inn Phoenix North I-17
TownePlace Suites Phoenix North
Comfort Suites Phoenix North
Courtyard Phoenix North
#43 of 174 in Phoenix

Been to Budget Lodge of Phoenix? Share your experiences!