“Quiet Hotel with Airport Amenities”

Residence Inn Phoenix Airport
Ranked #57 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Tucson, Arizona
“Quiet Hotel with Airport Amenities”
Reviewed 20 May 2012

Wanted a place to park our car free for a week for a trip out of PHX airport and settled on this property. It was a real find and only $100/night. Quiet, clean, friendly staff and free parking with shuttle 24/7 to airport. Did I mention free breakfast and pool? Will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We booked a room facing away from street & pool and it was very quiet. Room includes microwave a...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
California
Reviewed 12 May 2012

We love (most) Residence Inns. The layout (bedroom with kitchen/living room) suits us well - provides a home away from home. This RI is well-maintained and quiet. The breakfast is quite satisfying - most places have high carb, high calorie offerings - here I can get yogurt with fruit and cereal. I bring my own bread (no complaint, it's just that my bread is better) and my own coffee (come on, the stuff at these hotels is swill). The beauty of this place is that you can bring your own stuff and make it in the kitchen. Voila - home away from home.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
New Jersey
Reviewed 20 April 2012

I stayed at the RI Phoenix Airport for a business meeting in downtown Phoenix. The location is a bit far away from the center of downtown but it is easily accessible by the Light Rail. The rail is about 1/2 mile walk straight down the street from the hotel. When the shuttle was available the hotel offered to drop me off and pick me up from the rail station. The shuttle also dropped me off and picked me up from the airport, the zoo and the local walmart. All I had to do was call the desk and see if the driver was free or out on airport runs. They saved me a lot of cab fares!

The rooms a little less updated than other Residence Inns I have stayed at but they were well stocked and clean. The breakfast was fine but not spectacular. The manger's receptions were a bit disappointing because the two receptions I was at were basically inedible except for the cookies and the beer and wine.

The best part of the hotel was the staff. They were very friendly and helpful. They made my stay away from downtown center as easy as possible.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
PHXRA, General Manager at Residence Inn Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 20 June 2012
I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your review of our hotel. I was happy to read about your positive experiences with the hotel and especially with the level of service you recieved. We certainly try to be as accomodating as possible!
I'm happy to report that, since your review, we have completely revamped our evening reception menus. We were fortunate to hire a manager who has a strong background in food & beverage and she has really made some great improvments to the quality of our offerings.
We look forward to having you back!

~Jeff
Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed 16 April 2012

attended a business meeting Thursday - Friday... check in was fast... the room really nice and my biggest fear (Jet noise) was relieved. Even through it near the airport I didn't hear a thing all night... the meeting were just as good... we never hear the airport. Great Business Hotel in Phoenix

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for the kind words. We feel very fortunate with our hotel's location - very close to the airport but, because of the runway position and flight patterns, we really don't get any airport noise. It's the best of both worlds!
We look forward to your next visit to Phoenix.

~Jeff (General Manager)
yardley pa
Reviewed 23 March 2012

We are Residence Inn fans, and this may have been a step above the typical.

Quick shuttle to the airport. Very nice pool and hot tub. Cute open "mini rooms" adjacent to the dining area if you want some privacy for a small group of 4-6. Helpful front desk.

A great idea that should be copied is their dining guide. They list the close restaurants in many categories, their distances, and then list the best in three different price ranges. What a great idea! We can vouch for the Chinese restaurant directly across the street.

Room Tip: Courtyard view rooms may be quieter, but all rooms seem nice. Ask for the restaurant guide!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Gatineau, Canada
Reviewed 21 March 2012

My wife and I have stayed at this hotel a number of times/ love the fact that we can open the windows for fresh air/ shuttle service wonderfully helpful as well as the rest of the staff/
always cheerful and helpful/ breakfast buffet plentiful and very tasty including hot food
choices that are prepared fresh each day/ beds compfortable/nice kitchen for long stays/
shuttle will take you to rail line nearby/ Really like this hotel especially the wonderfully
cheerful and helpful staff/ to the manager- good hiring/ always have had a good sleep at this
hotel/ hotel very clean
- nice floral displays around the property and the pool looks nice/
Only weakness no restaurant on site and except for a couple of oriental restaurants
across the street/ none really closeby- book as early as possible to get better rates/
less expensive on weekends

Room Tip: book asap for better rates
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
I appreciate your kind words about our hotel and, particularly, about our staff. Naturally I am a bit biased but I am proud of the caliber of associates I get to work with everyday at this hotel.
Thank you for your remarks about our local dining options - one thing I'd like to point out is that our shuttle drivers would be happy to take you to a variety of restaurants in the local vicinity... including Tee Pees - one of the best Mexican Restaurants in the valley!

All the best,

~Jeff (General Manager)
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Stayed here for one night and had an awesome experience. Arrived in Phoenix on a early morning flight. Went to the hotel around 9:30 a.m. to see if a room was possibly available and surprisingly enough, they did have a room ready! The room was a good size and was very clean. The pool was very nice. Breakfast was also great: oatmeal, waffles, scrambled eggs, potatoes, sausage, fruit, french toast. While they were very crowded when we went down for breakfast, they did a great job refilling things when necessary. Very pleasant front desk staff also. And my husband liked the flat-screen HDTV. Good channel selection also. Comfortable bed. Great location close to the airport, shopping and restaurants. Would definitely return.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple