“Wonderful place to stay!”

Residence Inn Phoenix Airport
Ranked #56 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My family of three young children, my husband and I, and our small dog stayed here for several days. The location was very convenient and felt very safe with Target, Costco, and other stores just blocks away. The grounds were lovely, the staff even lovelier! The Manager was so friendly and helpful, as were all her staff. The rooms were very clean, and the housekeeping staff not only "freshened" the rooms each day, but actually made them look as they did when we first checked in! The breakfast each morning was yummy, and the three evenings they serve dinner were delightful! Our entire family felt like we had found a "home away from home". We were very pleased with every aspect of our visit, and would highly recommend the Residence Inn Phoenix Airport. We will definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the pool area. It was great!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Stephanie R, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Thank you for this great review Kathy! It has been a pleasure getting to know you as well as your family these last couple of months and we are so happy that we were able to provide a home away from home experience for you. We hope that your daughter has a speedy recovery and that the next time you visit we are able to hear all about her great progress. Thank you again!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Air conditioner, that you really need in Phoenix, was very loud. Room was okay, but view of a wall. Breakfast was okay, but tables not clean. Poor night's sleep, but glad to leave? Only reason there was because missed flight connection because of weather.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Stephanie R, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you for staying with us here at the Residence Inn Phoenix Airport. We know how inconvenient unexpected trips can be; we only hoped we could have provided a better experience for you. We want to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the air conditioner and can guarantee that our maintenance team has fixed the issue. Our team appreciates all feedback we receive as it only helps us to improve our services to our guest. We hope that if your travel plans should bring you back to the Phoenix area, that we are able to provide you with an exceptional stay. Thank you again and safe travels!

Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stayed here for one night, booked on my Marriott App on my phone on the road to Phoenix, due to early morning flight at PHX. Very easy to get to but not so easy to get car back to rental drop off, Was very confusing and got lost! Staff was great at check in, room was clean like usual at Marriott. Only complaint i had was the bed, sagged in the middle couldn't sleep well, if not for the short stay i would of said something. We had to leave at 4:45am to return car so didn't get the breakfast. Will stay here again if in Phoenix, this area seemed safer then others in Phoenix. We were asked by several people for money while we were getting gas at a station down the road, which didn't look as a good area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Stephanie R, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thank you for staying with us here at the Residence Inn Phoenix Airport and for your review of your stay. It was a pleasure to read how you enjoyed your visit and better yet, to hear that you will return to stay with us again is great! We will share your comments with our staff regarding the bed to ensure we fix this issue promptly as we always want to guarantee satisfaction on every aspect of your stay. We hope that when you do return, that you will be able to take advantage of more of the amenities we offer too! We look forward to welcoming you back. Thank you again!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Stayed one night before flying to San Antonio. Rooms are nice and clean with a kitchen and sofa. Shuttle runs on time and is a short trip to the airport. Was able to leave car there until we flew back at no charge. Location is right off the 202 and a short drive to Mill ave in Tempe.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Stephanie R, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

We want to thank you for sharing your thoughts on your stay here with us at the Residence Inn Phoenix Airport. We are happy that the accommodations here worked out perfect for you and your family and glad we could provide such an enjoyable stay. Thank you again for staying with us!

Reviewed 18 May 2014

I got stranded in Phoenix and was put in this hotel by the airlines. I was so very impressed with the wonderful hotel room. You can't beat this hotel if you want to feel like you are at home. The nice kitchen along with the large space with a sofa and the bed off to itself. The mattress was comfortable and the amenities just what the doctor ordered. The pool was refreshing and the breakfast was full of choices: warm waffles, eggs, cereal, juices and the best coffee ever.
If you are looking for a place to stay near the airport this place is for you!

Room Tip: Try to get a room close to the lobby otherwise you may get confused on where you are in the hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Stephanie R, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thank you for this great review from your stay here at the Residence Inn Phoenix Airport! We know this stop in Phoenix was unplanned and unexpected but it was our pleasure to be able to accommodate you and turn this trip into a great experience. It was also good to hear how you were able to relax by our outdoor pool as well as experience our variety of breakfast. Residence Inns are known to be a home away from home, creating a great stay and we were glad that we could provide this for you. Thank you again for staying with us!

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Stayed for one night because of my early AM flight the next day. Like Residence Inn properties in general. And this location was fine. The guy at check in was great. Very friendly. Very customer-focused. Acknowledged my Platinum status, although I don't have a big ego so it's not as important to me as it is to Marriott! The lobby and rooms are a bit worn and outdated. My shower handle broke when I used it. But I am pretty sure they are getting ready for a renovation soon. Only real issue I had was I wanted to return my rental car the night before so I didn't have to mess with it the AM of my flight (the rental car locaton at this airport is pretty far away from the airport, and wait times for the shuttles are long). The RI gave me their number to call when I was ready for the hotel shuttle to bring me back to the hotel. I called once. Waited 15 minutes. No shuttle. I called again 15 minutes later, and once again no shuttle. I called a third time and was told they were on their way. After waiting 15 more minutes (45 total), I finally grabbed a taxi as I had my client waiting for me at the hotel. To my surprise, I was charged $16 for the 3 minute taxi ride (minimum charge for any airport pickup). Told hotel about it. Wasn't necessarily expecting it, but would have been nice if they offered to pick up my $16 taxi fee, but they did not.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Stephanie R, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Thank you for your recent review for your stay here at the Residence Inn Phoenix Airport. It was great to hear how the welcoming staff was and will be sure to celebrate these comments with them. We would also like to sincerely apologize for the shuttle service you received and can assure you that this will be addressed and corrected promptly. We strive to provide a great experience for each of our guests and hope to succeed your expectations on your next visit. We also will be undergoing a renovation this summer and can't wait to provide these new accommodations! Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

We were bumped from our flight so US Airways put us up at this Residence Inn near the airport. The clerk at check in was very cheerful and helpful. Our room was perfect for relaxing and making the most of our overnight stay. The kitchen area is adequate stocked with dishes and eating utensils. We chose to eat out at Ruby Tuesday's about 1/2 mile down the street. We could have ordered in from a very extensive menu. One can also order groceries to be delivered. The queen size bed is super comfortable.

We enjoyed the pool area and the hot tub. Across the street is an Asian market and Chinese restaurant. Based on our experience here we would certainly look to stay in Residence Inns when ever we travel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Stephanie R, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Thank you for staying with us here at the Residence Inn Phoenix Airport! We were glad to accommodate you on this unplanned trip to Phoenix, as it was great to hear how you enjoyed your stay. We know how important it is to get a good night’s rest before a day of traveling and we were happy that the mattress was comfortable and could contribute to this. It's great to hear that you will choose Residence Inn's on your next trip and we look forward to welcoming you back should you visit the Phoenix area again. Thank you for your review and thank you for staying with us!